Tue, May 28, 2:50 PM CDT

Welcome to the Fractals Forum

Forum Moderators: Deenamic

Fractals F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 May 28 10:58 am)

Subject: 5 Uploads per day

Lenord ( ) posted Mon, 20 January 2014 at 5:35 PM · edited Sun, 26 May 2024 at 12:29 AM

Did you see this announcement on the Front page Galleries just got Better

Remember...No matter where you go there you are

dochtersions ( ) posted Tue, 21 January 2014 at 2:49 AM

Thanks for the link, Len. I really didn't know it. What a challenge.

Yes, I can do five, enough fractals and photographs I have, to do so. However, how am I going to do with giving so many comments. Which is already a problem, because my face aches.

I feel compelled to purchase a new head, LOL.

Okay, that's my personal problem, and irrelevant here.

Good luck everybody!

Lenord ( ) posted Tue, 21 January 2014 at 8:04 AM

Yeah I know, there was a time when 5 a day would have been good, I was a lot more prolific a year or two ago, now I barely have time to do three a week if that many. Kind of makes me angry because I would rather see the 512K limit expanded instead of the number of uploads, or give an option of 5 uploads/day or a bandwidth limit of 5x512K(2.56meg) for one upload, I'd rather have that personally. 

dochtersions ( ) posted Tue, 21 January 2014 at 8:56 AM

Quote - I would rather see the 512K limit expanded instead of the number of uploads, or give an option of 5 uploads/day or a bandwidth limit of 5x512K(2.56meg) for one upload, I'd rather have that personally. 

Yeah, I agree with you Len. That would be a better idea.
We can indicate this by giving our opinion.

Only, I don't know whether they indeed are going to customize it.  
But we can always try, right?

Anyway, I'm going to write this in my opinion, as I saw more members, which had the same idea/ proposal, and are not happy with only 512K.

Lenord ( ) posted Tue, 21 January 2014 at 9:33 AM

Good Idea, I just added my opinion to it, give us a choice 5 uploads/day or 2.56 meg limit. It's pretty easy to do, when I was Admin at the old SeventhComplex vBulliten software had the provision to limit uploads by Bandwidth, give 2.5 meg of BW per member and let them divide it up how they want, that's the way to go....

dochtersions ( ) posted Tue, 21 January 2014 at 9:48 AM

Ha, yeah, I saw your comment there, Len. And mine is underneath.
I live further away, so ....: D

peedy ( ) posted Tue, 21 January 2014 at 9:49 AM

5 a day!!!
Way too many for me.
I ,too, am for bigger sizes.

Corrie

spiegel428 ( ) posted Tue, 21 January 2014 at 3:33 PM

Well, I certainly have a backlog big enough to post more images a day, if I include photographs. But I feel that it's better to pace myself. That's the reason I began alternating fractals and photos a while ago.

I can see how changing the 512Kb limit would be useful to people, even though I rarely feel the need for it myself.

BTW, if Len didn't post these announcements, I'd never know about them...

Lenord ( ) posted Tue, 21 January 2014 at 5:48 PM

I haven't used any Fractal program that doesn't produce Images that have to be compressed 50/75% jpeg compression to reach 512 K and that includes Resampling/ Downsizing too. 4kx4k in image size is fine for a max size but 512k for a Fractal just doesn't cut it. I generally Render at 16:9 aspect Ratio, 4,000 pix on the biggest side, that is around 3-6 meg 100%.....to get to 512k I resample/downsize to around 1,400/1,800 pix on the big side and 50/70% compression depending, the loss of detail and impact is horrible. I have older stuff, Photoshopped Mixed Medium and MoJo Planetscapes that don't really need more than 512k much smaller to begin with but my Fracs are Big make a huge memory footprint.

alida ( ) posted Wed, 22 January 2014 at 4:24 PM

Of  course I had not  seen it.5uploads is  a lot.....I used to  crave  for  being  permitted to upload more than one image...now I have  not much  time  to  work and also  at times I am  tired and  prefer  reading:)Thanks  for  letting me know about  it

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.