Fri, May 3, 10:02 AM CDT

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 May 03 9:54 am)

Subject: EZMat

Latexluv ( ) posted Sun, 06 July 2014 at 5:08 PM

Thanks so much! The chair with the leather shader looked really good, but with V4 sitting on in and final render settings, it took nearly six hours to render.

"A lonely climber walks a tightrope to where dreams are born and never die!" - Billy Thorpe, song: Edge of Madness, album: East of Eden's Gate

Weapons of choice:

Poser Pro 2012, SR2, Paintshop Pro 8

Believable3D ( ) posted Mon, 07 July 2014 at 10:02 PM

Haven't seen this mentioned so far, so just a note. When I installed it as per Snarly's instructions from May and then restarted Poser, I only got the top line of the interface, i.e. the figure/actor/material/sync line. Had no idea what to do.

Out of the blue, I decided to see if the font resize instructions worked, and when I resized the font, all of a sudden the rest of the interface was there.

All that to say: if you don't see the whole interface, right click and resize the font.

Okay, I'm about to play now ... thanks so much, Snarly!

Hardware: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X/MSI MAG570 Tomahawk X570/Zotac Geforce GTX 1650 Super 4GB/32GB OLOy RAM

Software: Windows 10 Professional/Poser Pro 11/Photoshop/Postworkshop 3

hornet3d ( ) posted Tue, 08 July 2014 at 4:04 AM

Quote - Haven't seen this mentioned so far, so just a note. When I installed it as per Snarly's instructions from May and then restarted Poser, I only got the top line of the interface, i.e. the figure/actor/material/sync line. Had no idea what to do.

Out of the blue, I decided to see if the font resize instructions worked, and when I resized the font, all of a sudden the rest of the interface was there.

All that to say: if you don't see the whole interface, right click and resize the font.

Okay, I'm about to play now ... thanks so much, Snarly!

Thanks for the tip.  I find it is random in that I have been using EZMat for about a week now and it has worked fine, then yesterday it suddenly displayed only the top line of the interface.  I was stuck for time so did not look any deeper for fix so, having read your post, I launched Poser and EZMat is fine.  Reloaded the same scene and again it is fine.

Not sure why this is but at least next time I will have a fix for it, so many thanks.

I use Poser 13 on Windows 11 - For Scene set up I use a Geekcom A5 -  Ryzen 9 5900HX, with 64 gig ram and 3 TB  storage, mini PC with final rendering done on normal sized desktop using an AMD Ryzen Threadipper 1950X CPU, Corsair Hydro H100i CPU cooler, 3XS EVGA GTX 1080i SC with 11g Ram, 4 X 16gig Corsair DDR4 Ram and a Corsair RM 100 PSU .   The desktop is in a remote location with rendering done via Queue Manager which gives me a clearer desktop and quieter computer room.

Snarlygribbly ( ) posted Tue, 08 July 2014 at 9:59 AM

file_505581.txt

Here is an alternate ez_Leather plugin, with options to disable reflections and/or SSS.

As always, remove the '.txt' extension before using it.

Free stuff @ https://poser.cobrablade.net/

Latexluv ( ) posted Tue, 08 July 2014 at 3:23 PM

Thanks so much Snarly! I will give this a try!

"A lonely climber walks a tightrope to where dreams are born and never die!" - Billy Thorpe, song: Edge of Madness, album: East of Eden's Gate

Weapons of choice:

EClark1894 ( ) posted Sat, 19 July 2014 at 5:26 PM

Hey Snarly,

I know this has nothing to do with EZ Mat, but does your Snowmachine work on Macs? I get a message about how it's looking for TKinter, but you should have use wxpython.

LaurieA ( ) posted Sat, 19 July 2014 at 5:48 PM

Snowmachine was made when Poser 7 was out I believe. Somewhere in there when TKinter was what ya used ;).

Laurie

EClark1894 ( ) posted Sat, 19 July 2014 at 7:10 PM

Dagnabit!

Kerya ( ) posted Sun, 20 July 2014 at 1:56 AM

Snow machine version v2.1.0 for Macs, works with P9/PP2012

http://snarlygribbly.org/3d/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=15&sid=82a2b5ee03812bb99a72602eaa83561c

And I think the EZMat (back to the topic, LOL), has a version of snow machine too:

http://snarlygribbly.org/3d/forum/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=172&sid=82a2b5ee03812bb99a72602eaa83561c

aRtBee ( ) posted Sun, 20 July 2014 at 2:10 AM · edited Sun, 20 July 2014 at 2:11 AM

file_505881.jpg

yep, Snow Machine is an EZMat plugin as well now. We're just in the middle of documenting all the stuff. It's great, give it a try. It's great for powdersugar on cakes too.

- - - - - 

Usually I'm wrong. But to be effective and efficient, I don't need to be correct or accurate.

visit www.aRtBeeWeb.nl (works) or Missing Manuals (tutorials & reviews) - both need an update though

moogal ( ) posted Tue, 22 July 2014 at 7:24 PM

So much awesome...

I've had a question about snow machine, maybe I asked before but I don't remember the answer...  Does it need actual geometry to work properly, or will it also produce snow accurately on displaced details?

I've long tried to figure how to model power and phone lines in urban environments.  One of the things I tried was just drawing slight curves on planes and using those instead of actual geometry.  If the lines were displaced slightly, would snow "collect" on them?

aRtBee ( ) posted Wed, 23 July 2014 at 2:33 AM

file_505933.jpg

answer is YES

proof: same pawn, turned into mossy rock (EZMenhir plugin to EZMat) with either low displacement or extreme displacement (the XMas tree needles), with and without snow. SnowMachine takes displacements, even extremes.

- - - - - 

Usually I'm wrong. But to be effective and efficient, I don't need to be correct or accurate.

visit www.aRtBeeWeb.nl (works) or Missing Manuals (tutorials & reviews) - both need an update though

Snarlygribbly ( ) posted Wed, 23 July 2014 at 7:57 AM

I can see that the documentation for EZMat is in good hands :-)

aRtBee ( ) posted Wed, 23 July 2014 at 8:39 AM

yeah, making progress.

- - - - - 

moogal ( ) posted Thu, 31 July 2014 at 6:41 PM

I can't believe it's been 9 years since reading a thread and saying "I want to mess around with this technique someday"...  But I guess it really has been. 

So I'm curious, does/will EZMat have any options for rust or grime as seen in this ancient, but still inspiring, thread?:

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/showthread.php?thread_id=2177495&page=1

Nine years, and still on my to-do list...  :sad:

aRtBee ( ) posted Fri, 01 August 2014 at 1:33 AM

hi moogal,

you can grab EZMat from Snarly's place already, and start playing...

we're just working on documentation (and more improvements...)

- - - - - 

moogal ( ) posted Fri, 01 August 2014 at 5:05 AM · edited Fri, 01 August 2014 at 5:08 AM

I use EZSkin and I've been following this thread from the beginning...  Just tied up using Poser for another project and waiting for a chance to really enjoy diving in...

But it (AO/cavity/dirt shader) was once a hot topic, (and I guess still is with me) BB seemed amused that it came up again in 2011 when that thread was merely 6 years old.  :blink:

I am strangely intimidated by really cool tools.  I'm have a fear that I might wade in too deep and never be seen again.

(mutters "It's full of stars...")

estherau ( ) posted Sat, 02 August 2014 at 7:18 PM

very interesting and exciting!

MY ONLINE COMIC IS NOW LIVE

I aim to update it about once a month.  Oh, and it's free!

aldebaran40 ( ) posted Sat, 09 August 2014 at 1:05 PM · edited Sat, 09 August 2014 at 1:18 PM

Sorry for a dumb question, I copy EZMAT in my poser runtime, now ¿ wath  I do? (resolved)

Ok I found it, now I'll EzSkin tab, choose quality standard
where is the button for make shader?

aldebaran40 ( ) posted Sat, 09 August 2014 at 2:01 PM · edited Sat, 09 August 2014 at 2:01 PM

file_506488.jpg

I think the problem is I can't see the "do it" button above the form

I change the resolution  screen an the problem are the same

I missing something?

Snarlygribbly ( ) posted Sat, 09 August 2014 at 4:09 PM

Quote - I change the resolution  screen an the problem are the same

I missing something?

Change the font size used by EZMat. This will cause it to resize the controls too, so that everything can fit.

You can rezise the font by right clicking on the UI background and selecting the change font size option from the popup menu, or on the EZMat preferences tab.

Believable3D ( ) posted Sat, 09 August 2014 at 4:09 PM

This has worked for other display issues, so I'll suggest this:

1. Go to the main (first) materials tab.

2. With your cursor in the upper area of the interface, right-click and select Set font-size. Make the font size smaller.

At bottom right of the EZSkin screen there should be two more lines:

Apply gamma correction (with a checkbox)

Do it-convert all materials! (that's a button)

Hardware: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X/MSI MAG570 Tomahawk X570/Zotac Geforce GTX 1650 Super 4GB/32GB OLOy RAM

Software: Windows 10 Professional/Poser Pro 11/Photoshop/Postworkshop 3

aldebaran40 ( ) posted Sat, 09 August 2014 at 10:52 PM · edited Sat, 09 August 2014 at 10:55 PM

Snarlygribbly  and Believable3D  thank you very much you have solved my problem

ps.I think that should be in the manual that are making

DarkElegance ( ) posted Mon, 01 September 2014 at 9:35 AM

Quote - > Quote - I change the resolution  screen an the problem are the same

I missing something?

Change the font size used by EZMat. This will cause it to resize the controls too, so that everything can fit.

You can rezise the font by right clicking on the UI background and selecting the change font size option from the popup menu, or on the EZMat preferences tab.

I hate to ask...but the plug in folder? where does that go?

https://www.darkelegance.co.uk/

Commission open.

Snarlygribbly ( ) posted Mon, 01 September 2014 at 2:16 PM

Quote - I hate to ask...but the plug in folder? where does that go?

Anywhere you want. You then tell tell EZMat where it is :-)

And you can have more than one plugin folder, if you want to.

Snarlygribbly ( ) posted Thu, 09 October 2014 at 5:51 AM

Just to let you know that three new plugins have been posted to my site (3d.snarlygribbly.org)

• EZGhost - turns an object into something ghostly

• EZFix - some of the functions from SceneFixer made into an EZMat plugin for convenience

• BBFire - Add flames to an object using a Bagginsbill shader published on another site. (NB: The idea is to duplicate the object in Poser and apply the plugin to the duplicate so that the original object 'shows through' the flames. Of course, that method is optional)

Snarlygribbly ( ) posted Thu, 09 October 2014 at 5:56 AM

file_507733.jpg

An image by WimVDB demonstrating EZGhost

Chaosophia ( ) posted Thu, 09 October 2014 at 6:03 AM

The ghost shaders are awesome from the render. Will be playing with momentarily.

hornet3d ( ) posted Thu, 09 October 2014 at 6:05 AM

Thank you so much for EZMat and the plugins.  I use EZMat all the time now and I have just downloaded the new plugins so I can have a play this weekend.

I use Poser 13 on Windows 11 - For Scene set up I use a Geekcom A5 -  Ryzen 9 5900HX, with 64 gig ram and 3 TB  storage, mini PC with final rendering done on normal sized desktop using an AMD Ryzen Threadipper 1950X CPU, Corsair Hydro H100i CPU cooler, 3XS EVGA GTX 1080i SC with 11g Ram, 4 X 16gig Corsair DDR4 Ram and a Corsair RM 100 PSU .   The desktop is in a remote location with rendering done via Queue Manager which gives me a clearer desktop and quieter computer room.

Chaosophia ( ) posted Thu, 09 October 2014 at 6:10 AM

Yes, thank you Snarly, this is an awesome enhancement. 

Latexluv ( ) posted Thu, 09 October 2014 at 6:33 AM

Quote - Just to let you know that three new plugins have been posted to my site (3d.snarlygribbly.org)

• EZGhost - turns an object into something ghostly

• EZFix - some of the functions from SceneFixer made into an EZMat plugin for convenience

• BBFire - Add flames to an object using a Bagginsbill shader published on another site. (NB: The idea is to duplicate the object in Poser and apply the plugin to the duplicate so that the original object 'shows through' the flames. Of course, that method is optional)

Can't get the plugins. I follow the link in your sig and click on EZMat thread and site wants a login in order to view. I do not recall this happening before.

Weapons of choice:

Snarlygribbly ( ) posted Thu, 09 October 2014 at 6:40 AM

Quote - Can't get the plugins. I follow the link in your sig and click on EZMat thread and site wants a login in order to view. I do not recall this happening before.

Here: http://www.snarlygribbly.org/3d/forum/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=172

Latexluv ( ) posted Thu, 09 October 2014 at 6:47 AM

Thanks so much! I have bookmarked that link. I should have in the first place, dummy me!

Weapons of choice:

moogal ( ) posted Thu, 09 October 2014 at 1:09 PM

That looks great!  Now I might have to try making some holograms...

Snarlygribbly ( ) posted Tue, 14 October 2014 at 9:29 AM · edited Tue, 14 October 2014 at 9:31 AM

file_507823.jpg

I've been playing around with another of Bagginsbill's amazing shaders, and turned his publicly available Scales shader into a plugin :-)

You can easily change the size, thickness, colour, orientation and reflectivity of the scales.

Snarlygribbly ( ) posted Tue, 14 October 2014 at 9:39 AM · edited Tue, 14 October 2014 at 9:40 AM

I've also been working on a way to allow plugin authors (are there any?) to make a custom user interface for their plugin, while still allowing EZMat to manage all the presets stuff:

It's pretty much working now - just needs testing a bit.

ThunderStone ( ) posted Tue, 14 October 2014 at 10:52 AM

Oh wow! that looks wonderful! I wonder how it would look in Reality.

===========================================================

Poser: Poser 11.3 ...... Units: inches or meters depends on mood
Bryce: Bryce Pro 7.1.074
Image Editing: Corel Paintshop Pro
Renderer: Superfly, Firefly

9/11/2001: Never forget...

Smiles are contagious... Pass it on!

Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday

Faery_Light ( ) posted Tue, 14 October 2014 at 12:43 PM

wow!

Let me introduce you to my multiple personalities. :)
     BluEcho...Faery_Light...Faery_Souls.

3dcheapskate ( ) posted Wed, 29 October 2014 at 4:16 AM · edited Wed, 29 October 2014 at 4:21 AM
Online Now!

From Snarly's post midway down page 19 (Posted Wed, Jun 4, 2014 11:02 pm)...

Quote - ...Don't be afraid to ask questions, even if they seem dumb - EZMat is NOT a straightforward plugin...

I just discovered and downloaded the free version (plus all the extras) from Snarly's Space and unzipped it all to a temporary runtime H:Poser!TEMPRuntime , and I have a bunch of stupid questions:   :)

1. I assume that  'init.pyc' should go in Runtime/Python/addons/EZMat ? (I read somewhere in this thread that it can be ANY runtime, and doesn't have to be the main one where the poser.exe resides)

2. I assume the 'Plugins' folder should be under 'EZMat' and that all the 'ez_BBAsphalt.py', etc files should go in there?

3. What about the CFG files ('EZBrick presets.cfg', etc)? In 'EZMa't or 'EZMat/Plugins'?

4. I've put the tutorial and developer stuff into separate 'Tutorial and 'Developer folders to keep them separate - I guess that's okay?

5. Now how do I go about firing it up? Do I go 'File > Run Python Script' and select init.pyc, or what ?

(I've searched through many, but not all, pages of this thread to find the answers without any luck yet...)

TIA

The 3Dcheapskate* occasionally posts sensible stuff. Usually by accident.

*also available in ShareCG, DAZ, and CGBytes flavours.

Snarlygribbly ( ) posted Wed, 29 October 2014 at 5:21 AM

Quote - 1) I assume that  'init.pyc' should go in Runtime/Python/addons/EZMat ? (I read somewhere in this thread that it can be ANY runtime, and doesn't have to be the main one where the poser.exe resides)

Yes, that is correct.

Quote - 2) I assume the 'Plugins' folder should be under 'EZMat' and that all the 'ez_BBAsphalt.py', etc files should go in there?

The plugins folder can be anywhere on your computer system. You can have multiple folders too. On the EZMat Materials tab there is an option to select the folder containing the plugins you want to work with. on the Preferences tab you can preselect several folders for convenient access.

Quote - 3) What about the CFG files ('EZBrick presets.cfg', etc)? In 'EZMa't or 'EZMat/Plugins'?

Save them anywhere. Select a plugin, then choose the 'import presets' button to select the appropriate file. After you have imported the presets you can delete the cfg files.

Quote - 4) I've put the tutorial and developer stuff into separate 'Tutorial and 'Developer folders to keep them separate - I guess that's okay?

Yes

Quote - 5) Now how do I go about firing it up? Do I go 'File > Run Python Script' and select init.pyc, or what ?

Windows>Addons>EZMat

Quote - (I've searched through many, but not all, pages of this thread to find the answers without any luck yet...)

aRTBee is organising the production of some documentation for EZMat. From the early drafts I've seen I think it is going to be excellent.

Snarlygribbly ( ) posted Wed, 29 October 2014 at 5:28 AM

Just to let everyone know what's happening behind the scenes with EZMat:

Work on it has continued and I now have a development version which allows one plugin to be overlaid atop another (or any other shader from any source).

This will enable plugins to be made for soap suds, dirt, tattoos, scars, peeling paint, makeup etc.

I'm hoping to release the development version to a few select testers and aRTBee's team at the weekend. Once I know that it is robust and working I'll release it to everyone, for free :-)

3dcheapskate ( ) posted Wed, 29 October 2014 at 5:42 AM · edited Wed, 29 October 2014 at 5:43 AM
Online Now!

Many thanks for those answers! (I just installed your EZSkin2 freebie too and guessed that the cfg files would probably work in the same way - i.e. import them once).

Time to start playing...   :)

TheAnimaGemini ( ) posted Wed, 29 October 2014 at 6:06 AM

Quote - Just to let everyone know what's happening behind the scenes with EZMat:

Work on it has continued and I now have a development version which allows one plugin to be overlaid atop another (or any other shader from any source).

This will enable plugins to be made for soap suds, dirt, tattoos, scars, peeling paint, makeup etc.

I'm hoping to release the development version to a few select testers and aRTBee's team at the weekend. Once I know that it is robust and working I'll release it to everyone, for free :-)

Amazing! Thank you for your generosity :)

La vie est éternelle. L'amour est immortel.

“Dwell on the beauty of life. Watch the stars, and see yourself running with them.”
― Marcus Aurelius,

3dcheapskate ( ) posted Thu, 30 October 2014 at 4:24 AM · edited Thu, 30 October 2014 at 4:30 AM
Online Now!

Just completed a big test render (took all day) with EZSkin2 and IDL - fantastic, with more work needed on my part to set things just right.

Now started playing with EZMat to try and get some jewellery looking good. Got the plugins loaded and the presets imported, but I ran into two problems:

• EZMat doesn't seem to know about the selected figure (see attached image) even after pressing 'Sync' - I tried closing EZMat, going the material room and opening it again. Same problem.

• Even with drag-docking disabled it always docks if I drag it in the material room. (Edit: I tried again several times - same problem. Tried again and it works properly, doesn't dock. Go figure!)

Any ideas anybody?

(Poser 9.0.3.23027, Windows 7, EZMat v1.1 build 0102)

file_07e1cd7dca89a1678042477183b7ac3f.jp

3dcheapskate ( ) posted Thu, 30 October 2014 at 5:21 AM · edited Thu, 30 October 2014 at 5:22 AM
Online Now!

Hmmm. Don't know what happened there. Just restarted Poser and it works fine - Andy's now made of asphalt and he looks marvellous!

Snarlygribbly ( ) posted Thu, 30 October 2014 at 2:40 PM

Just completed a big test render (took all day) with EZSkin2 and IDL - fantastic, with more work needed on my part to set things just right.

Now started playing with EZMat to try and get some jewellery looking good. Got the plugins loaded and the presets imported, but I ran into two problems:

• EZMat doesn't seem to know about the selected figure (see attached image) even after pressing 'Sync' - I tried closing EZMat, going the material room and opening it again. Same problem.

• Even with drag-docking disabled it always docks if I drag it in the material room. (Edit: I tried again several times - same problem. Tried again and it works properly, doesn't dock. Go figure!)

You can right click on the UI background to get a menu that lets you control the docking behaviour ...

Snarlygribbly ( ) posted Thu, 30 October 2014 at 2:44 PM

Here's a few pictures that show the new layering feature of EZMat:
In the pictures that follow, everything was done with EZMat - no work in the Material room at all.

We start with a wooden mannequin with its default shader...

file_b3e3e393c77e35a4a3f3cbd1e429b5dc.jp

Snarlygribbly ( ) posted Thu, 30 October 2014 at 2:45 PM

Then we apply a very simple foam plugin:

file_9fc3d7152ba9336a670e36d0ed79bc43.jp

Snarlygribbly ( ) posted Thu, 30 October 2014 at 2:46 PM

Then throw a bit of mud in his direction:

file_3636638817772e42b59d74cff571fbb3.jp

Snarlygribbly ( ) posted Thu, 30 October 2014 at 2:47 PM

And finally we wrap some rough green tape around bits of him:

file_a597e50502f5ff68e3e25b9114205d4a.jp

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.