Sat, Jun 1, 12:02 AM CDT

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 May 27 10:13 pm)

Subject: Vue 11 Infinte Eco Painter

MNArtist ( ) posted Sun, 09 December 2012 at 9:59 AM · edited Fri, 24 May 2024 at 8:58 AM

Is anyone else running into issues with the Eco Painter in Vue 11 I? It seems like all the complexity they built into the brush dynamics have really slowed down the effectiveness of the painting function, even with all of the dynamics off. I paint with a stylus, but I find that if I used the Airbrush style, I get almost no instances being painted, even with density up to 100 and very little control over where the instances end up, but if I turn airbrush off, then I just get a round "blob" of LOTS of instances in the location where I start to paint (initial click), and no others along the brush stroke.

These are all new problems since Vue11. I used the painter extensively in earlier versions with no issues.

Any other thoughts/experiences with this new "functionality"?

bruno021 ( ) posted Sun, 09 December 2012 at 12:09 PM

What are your internal units set to?

MNArtist ( ) posted Sun, 09 December 2012 at 12:12 PM

1 Vue unit = 1 meter

bruno021 ( ) posted Sun, 09 December 2012 at 4:50 PM

Same as mine, theer were problems when units were 10cm, but 1m works fine here.

I assume you are using the Area populate brush without constrains? Maybe check the falloff filter?

I used to have this problem, but it's gone now. Are you using latest build?

MNArtist ( ) posted Sun, 09 December 2012 at 5:29 PM

Yes, using the Area populate brush, no constraints. I had tried applying some falloff, but turned that down to 0. And yeah, am on the latest build. This is so strange, and making me crazy. Painter is virtually unusable as is. 

What do you have your "draw" settings set at in the General Options (ie plant instant draw, etc.)? I'm at the default settings, which are Instant Draw - about 1/3 way up the scale, and plant instant draw, a little less than instant draw setting - maybe a 1/4 way up the scale.

haegerst ( ) posted Sun, 09 December 2012 at 5:38 PM

Hmmm, maybe the gfx are lagging out the brush? I'd try setting the main draw window to wireframe for a test stroke and see if the problem might be something fpu-related. WHen i had a bad gfx driver installed i had problems with loads of the brush related functions, also editing terrain. I had no problems in wireframe mode though and when i set resolution to something low like 1024x768 it was much better, so i found out my gfx card driver was a version which was way too old. After updating it i didn't have any more problems. Not sure if that also helps in your case though... 

Vue content creator
www.renderarmy.com

bruno021 ( ) posted Sun, 09 December 2012 at 9:12 PM

My OGL settings are default too, concerning instant and bg draws. Strange... Here, build 11003442 fixed this Area populate brush problems you describe.

ItWasNotAvailable ( ) posted Sat, 12 January 2013 at 4:09 PM

I am new to Vue as today was my first attempt, but I have the same issues you described. Sometimes it wouldn't paint and if I wanted to erase, it wouldn't erase. I found that I had to close and re-open Ecopaint for things to work somehow. I still have plants on tree tops as they wouldn't erase, not as a single item and not when I selected a bit of everything...That was highly frustrating as I have many other issues....So far, it isn't fun :-(

bruno021 ( ) posted Mon, 14 January 2013 at 4:02 AM

Viewport response when painting is done by graphic card. Deepending on its specs it can be lagging, or even become unresponsive. Downgrading OpenGL display can help (either globally from Options, on a per viewport basis, or on an ecosystem species basis)

If you have plants on tree tops, it's because you didn't check what object to paint. By not doing so, it paints everywhere the mouse is passed.

I recommend reading your Vue manual.

ItWasNotAvailable ( ) posted Mon, 14 January 2013 at 8:00 AM

Hi again,

Yes, I should read manuals but I admit I am one of the never reads manuals species, to which one could respond "stop moaning then", but I always got by with tutorials, which I personally prefer and the good guy in the tut did not mention that, lol...I normally paint from the top and I then get away with it, but somehow one broke free :-)

I have reduced my settings after the crash and it is behaving itself better since...  

bruno021 ( ) posted Mon, 14 January 2013 at 2:52 PM

If you paint from top view, chexck the "restrict to selected object" box. And read the manual :-)

perilous7 ( ) posted Tue, 15 January 2013 at 3:29 AM

i think levanah you should do a bit of tutorials and just pick what info from the manuals you need to complete them and learn gradually,IMHO i think you need to have a photographic memory to read the manual first THEN apply what you have read,there can be hundreds of commands etc cant be expected to remember them all,

A cleaved head no longer plots.

http://www.perilous7.moonfruit.com

ItWasNotAvailable ( ) posted Fri, 18 January 2013 at 3:54 AM

Yes, you are certainly right. I will get the hang of it. So far, I always managed to get by with all my software. It sometimes just takes a wee bit longer :-) Thanks for all your help and input!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.