Mon, Jun 3, 8:49 AM CDT

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jun 03 8:12 am)

Subject: DeviantArt

bevans84 ( ) posted Wed, 05 September 2012 at 7:44 PM · edited Sat, 01 June 2024 at 11:56 PM

Anyone else having trouble connecting? I've been having trouble off and on for several months now. Sometimes it works, but usually leaves missing thumbnails and images all over the place.

moriador ( ) posted Wed, 05 September 2012 at 7:46 PM

Quote - Anyone else having trouble connecting? I've been having trouble off and on for several months now. Sometimes it works, but usually leaves missing thumbnails and images all over the place.

Nope, no trouble at all.

Actually, I seem to remember it being down completely for a few hours a couple of months ago, but that's all for me.

PoserPro 2014, PS CS5.5 Ext, Nikon D300. Win 8, i7-4770 @ 3.4 GHz, AMD Radeon 8570, 12 GB RAM.

Kalypso ( ) posted Wed, 05 September 2012 at 10:50 PM
Site Admin

Are you sure you're logged in?   The missing thumbnails could just be nudity or something which you won't see if you're not logged in.

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Thu, 06 September 2012 at 12:19 AM

bevans, can you do a scan of your drive after accessing that?  what do you get?

bevans84 ( ) posted Thu, 06 September 2012 at 4:08 AM

Logged in, premium member, mature filter off, Firefox 15.0

Miss Nancy, I'm not sure what you mean by scanning my drive.

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Thu, 06 September 2012 at 4:11 PM

scan it for tracking cookies, which may a function of your virus scanning software.  I don't get any here, but I got one there the last time I went.

Medzinatar ( ) posted Thu, 06 September 2012 at 4:56 PM

I guess it would depend on what you define as a tracking cookie.
Renderosity slips them to you all the time.  I check every so often for new ones, but these are or have been here.

searchmarketing.com
searchmarketing.net
tracking.searchmarketing.net
tracking.searchmarketing.com
linksynergy.com

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Thu, 06 September 2012 at 6:03 PM

I'm not finding any of those, medz, but I may have blocked all of them.  the one that my scanner picked up was from the last time I visited DA using unsecure browser, approx. 2008.  they may have quit setting it : ads.deviantart.com or similar (I deleted it).  my scanner identified it as a "blacklisted tracking cookie", but I've been unable to find out who defines those, or how.  it's probably no concern, but I was curious to see if anybody else got it.  DA is o.k. with me, but I rarely go there.

moriador ( ) posted Thu, 06 September 2012 at 8:34 PM

There are ads on DeviantArt?

PoserPro 2014, PS CS5.5 Ext, Nikon D300. Win 8, i7-4770 @ 3.4 GHz, AMD Radeon 8570, 12 GB RAM.

Latexluv ( ) posted Fri, 07 September 2012 at 12:05 AM

I had a problem with Firefox and DeviantArt and the image search on Google. It could be one of your Firefox plugins causing the problem. It was for me. The way to determine which one it is, you have to turn them off one at a time until you find the one that's interferring. Might not be your problem but it's worth looking into.

"A lonely climber walks a tightrope to where dreams are born and never die!" - Billy Thorpe, song: Edge of Madness, album: East of Eden's Gate

Weapons of choice:

Poser Pro 2012, SR2, Paintshop Pro 8

bevans84 ( ) posted Fri, 07 September 2012 at 6:58 AM

Thanks to everyone for the ideas, for right now it seems to be working.
When it acts up the problem seems to be with connecting with the subdomains DA uses, kind of like each subdomain timing out in dns.
I've tried using my cable connections dns, google public, and my own dns servers.

I can't find a problem with cookies or any of my network settings, which doesn't mean I didn't overlook something.
I'm sure it's something I did or didn't do, but I don't know what that is at this point.

Thanks

fonpaolo ( ) posted Fri, 07 September 2012 at 11:13 AM

Quote - There are ads on DeviantArt?

If you are a "normal" user, no premium membership, you have ads in every page (top).

Sedor ( ) posted Fri, 07 September 2012 at 4:09 PM

I've had in the past some trouble with Deviant and the ads, suddenly the page couldn't be loaded correct - images were missing and so on.

Since I am "premium member" it's everything fine (but I must say I've had at other sites with ads like they are at deviantart also problems, seems that my firewall thinks this connections are kind of attack and blocks for some time the site on opening new connections).

Markus 

Blackhearted ( ) posted Fri, 07 September 2012 at 6:09 PM

i have issues connecting to DA sometimes. if i do a tracert and it just times out, but then other times i can connect fine. sometimes it loads garbled after a very long delay.

Quote - There are ads on DeviantArt?

couldnt tell you -- at this point my mind just automatically blanks out internet advertising.

im surprised online ads are such a huge market.  i literally dont 'see' it unless someone points it out, my mind just filters it out.

moriador ( ) posted Fri, 07 September 2012 at 9:14 PM

Quote - > Quote - There are ads on DeviantArt?

If you are a "normal" user, no premium membership, you have ads in every page (top).

Nope. I'm not a premium member.

But I keep forgetting that I use ad block.

Byrdie ( ) posted Sat, 15 September 2012 at 7:07 PM

Has anyone else had trouble getting their password reset on that site? I've put in more requests than I can count these past few months and never get a reply even though they say "email has been sent to ...." all the time. Yes, I checked my spam folders but nope, not there either. No matter how long I wait it never shows up. Making another account is no good, I only have two email addys and both are in use at DA. However, neither gets any reply and it's been that way for the better part of a year now. Makes me think I'm wasting my time cuz there's nobody home over there. 

bevans84 ( ) posted Sun, 16 September 2012 at 3:58 AM

In my case, I turned off the firewall in my Belkin wireless router and haven't had any trouble since.

Thanks Sedor.

mylemonblue ( ) posted Sun, 16 September 2012 at 5:11 AM · edited Sun, 16 September 2012 at 5:14 AM

Oops-post. I'm totally off today.

My brain is just a toy box filled with weird things

monkeycloud ( ) posted Mon, 17 September 2012 at 6:21 AM

Quote - couldnt tell you -- at this point my mind just automatically blanks out internet advertising.

im surprised online ads are such a huge market.  i literally dont 'see' it unless someone points it out, my mind just filters it out.

Yup, same here, I must have installed ad blocker cerebrally...

...the exception seems to be if the banner ad features a girl wearing glasses and a yellow bikini, those seem to get through the filters 😉

monkeycloud ( ) posted Mon, 17 September 2012 at 6:24 AM

Who am I kidding... the banner ads on this site get me almost every other time :lol:

But I hadn't noticed the ones on DA and I don't use ad blocker or pay for a premium membership there...

Byrdie ( ) posted Mon, 17 September 2012 at 2:07 PM

Well, I did get a newsletter from DA, first one all year, I kid you not. But still no response to the "please reset my password" I sent them.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.