Sat, May 18, 4:31 PM CDT

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 May 18 12:07 pm)

Subject: Poser 8 - How do I lay a floor?

Boni ( ) posted Tue, 29 July 2014 at 7:05 PM

Thanks, Believable3d, Did that and it was amazingling helpful as you can see by the music room I put up.  That is BB's envosphere with a panarama on it.  It is a fantastic tool, better than any of the other skydomes out there.  So versatile.  I'm on a roll.  More tomorrow. ...

Boni

"Be Hero to Yourself" -- Peter Tork

Believable3D ( ) posted Tue, 29 July 2014 at 7:08 PM

Quote - Thanks, Believable3d, Did that and it was amazingling helpful as you can see by the music room I put up.  That is BB's envosphere with a panarama on it.  It is a fantastic tool, better than any of the other skydomes out there.  So versatile.  I'm on a roll.  More tomorrow. ...

Yeah, sorry, I didn't initially see there was another page of discussion and everything had been covered. Hence, I deleted my post. :p

Hardware: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X/MSI MAG570 Tomahawk X570/Zotac Geforce GTX 1650 Super 4GB/32GB OLOy RAM

Software: Windows 10 Professional/Poser Pro 11/Photoshop/Postworkshop 3

Boni ( ) posted Tue, 29 July 2014 at 9:16 PM

As they say, its all good.  I appreciate everything  we have been learning here.

Boni

Boni ( ) posted Wed, 30 July 2014 at 8:36 AM

file_506164.jpg

Ok, here I tweaked the parquet material from "basic Materials" in PP2014 and applied it to the simple square. When I applied it to the ground or the large square the pattern was so large that it looked rediculous.   I removed the bump map link and reduced the displacement to .001.

Boni

Believable3D ( ) posted Wed, 30 July 2014 at 8:42 AM

Very nice. Though you need to reduce the spacing between the panels as well.

Hardware: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X/MSI MAG570 Tomahawk X570/Zotac Geforce GTX 1650 Super 4GB/32GB OLOy RAM

Software: Windows 10 Professional/Poser Pro 11/Photoshop/Postworkshop 3

vilters ( ) posted Wed, 30 July 2014 at 9:06 AM · edited Wed, 30 July 2014 at 9:06 AM

file_506167.jpg

Click to enlarge.

Tiles, are rarely layed down square to the walls.
Here a tip to turn the tiles 45° as they usually are.

Poser 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, P8 and PPro2010, P9 and PP2012, P10 and PP2014 Game Dev
"Do not drive faster then your angel can fly"!

Boni ( ) posted Wed, 30 July 2014 at 9:09 AM · edited Wed, 30 July 2014 at 9:12 AM

file_506168.jpg

Only credit I take is disconnecting the bump and reducing the displacement.  I haven't tweeked it any more than that.  It came with PP2014.  Have to figure how to apply it to larger areas though, as is I have to tile it manually with simple primative squares.  It's a pain.  As you can see.  Also the "damaged" section is duplicated and I don't care much for that part.  It needs some work, that is for sure.  I look forward to BB's take on all of this and the shaders he is working on.

vilters:  I really like that tip, thanks. 

Boni

vilters ( ) posted Wed, 30 July 2014 at 9:13 AM

Hello Boni; Use the tile node?
And use my tip I just posted to turn the tiles a more realistical 45° to the walls.

vilters ( ) posted Wed, 30 July 2014 at 9:15 AM · edited Wed, 30 July 2014 at 9:17 AM

From my setup?
Where the blue and red color are? Set them to white, and plug the texture in there.
Or. use a procedural wood shader there and tile those?
I think that is what BB's coming to / going to.

Boni ( ) posted Wed, 30 July 2014 at 9:32 AM · edited Wed, 30 July 2014 at 9:45 AM

It already is using the tile mode.  It's a little wonky.  I was referring to the original parquet set up.  See illustration.  My internet connecting is sluggish this morning.  I've been having some stalls, sorry.

Boni

Boni ( ) posted Wed, 30 July 2014 at 9:59 AM

Here is the screenshot I've been trying to upload for the last several minutes.  Sorry about that.

Boni

EClark1894 ( ) posted Wed, 30 July 2014 at 10:27 AM · edited Wed, 30 July 2014 at 10:27 AM

Quote - Here is the screenshot I've been trying to upload for the last several minutes.  Sorry about that.

Well, if you're looking for criticism, I'd say your lighting setup sucks on this one.

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Wed, 30 July 2014 at 12:48 PM · edited Wed, 30 July 2014 at 12:49 PM

this uses cellular node from one of 35 poser wood procedurals in basic fresnel diffuse shader.

FREE poser wood procedural

BB's wood-tiling script may have more variables.

p.s. boni - there's no img in yer last post.

Boni ( ) posted Wed, 30 July 2014 at 2:17 PM · edited Wed, 30 July 2014 at 2:20 PM

file_506179.jpg

My computer was acting up.  I hadt o shut down.  back now EClark1894:... Love the comment though.  Silliness.  Okay, here is the image I was taling about.  Oh, and oh, I do love that last shader Miss Nancy.

P.S., Miss Nancy, what was the name of that shader?

Boni

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Wed, 30 July 2014 at 3:01 PM · edited Wed, 30 July 2014 at 3:07 PM

used poser pro/basic materials/woods/wood2.  just cellular node, nothing else.  wood node may also work, but didn't try it.  plug cellular node into diffuse fresnel shader (AKA conservation of energy).

Boni ( ) posted Wed, 30 July 2014 at 4:37 PM

I've been working with these settings and nothing comes close to what you have Miss Nancy.  I've even tried starting from scratch.  I get almost there with wood plugged into either tile (good depth but even spacing) or brick (good spacing but can't get depth for mortar) It looks like cheap furniture with particle board covered with pictures of wood.

Boni

Boni ( ) posted Wed, 30 July 2014 at 5:01 PM · edited Wed, 30 July 2014 at 5:03 PM

file_506184.png

This is hideous.  I would like to make it like yours Miss Nancy, but with much narrower planks.  Can you show me a little more.  I'm still a bit niave as far as the materials go ... I don't "get" some of the more math oriented features.  This was from scratch, using the brick node and plugging in the wood for the bricks.  I added specular and reflection.

Boni

Boni ( ) posted Wed, 30 July 2014 at 5:42 PM

file_506185.jpg

Here is one with some maps I found online and a little tweeking.  For a rough floor, I really love it.  But for a pollished floor, well, of course not. :)

Boni

Boni ( ) posted Wed, 30 July 2014 at 6:16 PM

file_506187.jpg

Another rough one I like.

Boni

Boni ( ) posted Wed, 30 July 2014 at 6:23 PM

file_506188.jpg

And simple diffuse image wood floor on ground-square with specular increased and reflection added. simple but effective.

Boni

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Wed, 30 July 2014 at 6:45 PM

tile or brick causes pattern to form which distracts viewer, hence one needs randomiser.  one way is extensive scripting, but until script released, try applying diffuse fresnel wood shader to single plank of desired dimensions, then duplicate/shift/rotate as desired.

Boni ( ) posted Wed, 30 July 2014 at 6:52 PM

Ah, that is why the texture was applied to a box figure!  I get it.  Okay.  Thanks, Miss Nancy.  :) I might wait to see what BB has to offer ... in the meantime I'll probably use the simple cheats I found.  Ok ... so I'm a bit lazy.

Boni

EClark1894 ( ) posted Fri, 08 April 2016 at 9:46 PM

bump

Boni ( ) posted Wed, 13 April 2016 at 6:33 AM

Good call Clarkie, Let's see about converting these to Superfly? I did work on that a couple months ago ... I will look in my runtimes later this morning.

Boni

EClark1894 ( ) posted Wed, 11 May 2016 at 12:20 AM

bump again I need to keep this thread around for a while longer.

EClark1894 ( ) posted Wed, 11 May 2016 at 3:35 PM

Did anybody ever put out a base tile shader for this thread?

Boni ( ) posted Fri, 09 February 2018 at 9:13 AM

Bumping this again for Clarkie!! Never did get to the Superfly shaders, but will as soon as I can ... working on a PE project at the moment.

Boni

bantha ( ) posted Sat, 10 February 2018 at 4:19 AM · edited Sat, 10 February 2018 at 4:23 AM

Since BagginsBill did not publish his shader yet, you may start with this:

Download Shader here

image.png

This allows you to connect different shaders to Tile1, Tile2 and Mortar. The tile node above is used to generate the Tiles, the colors there are just for separating the components. Use the Color, Roughness and Bump inputs on the compound nodes to connect your own shader.

The size of the tiles can be changes with the tiles node. If you have a normal node, connect the normal compound node with the normal input on the Root node and connect your normal maps to the compound node.

Probably just a starter, but maybe helpfull to some.

A ship in port is safe; but that is not what ships are built for.
Sail out to sea and do new things.
-"Amazing Grace" Hopper

Avatar image of me done by Chidori

Boni ( ) posted Sat, 10 February 2018 at 8:02 AM

bantha! This is amazing! thank you!!!

Boni

seachnasaigh ( ) posted Sat, 10 February 2018 at 1:36 PM

This is another method of avoiding the wood/marble texture pattern continuing from one tile/board to the next.

octagonal tiles w RGB discriminator.jpg

You could also use black in the RGB map and add another marble/wood tile.

Poser 12, in feet.  

OSes:  Win7Prox64, Win7Ultx64

Silo Pro 2.5.6 64bit, Vue Infinite 2014.7, Genetica 4.0 Studio, UV Mapper Pro, UV Layout Pro, PhotoImpact X3, GIF Animator 5

EClark1894 ( ) posted Thu, 07 November 2019 at 12:54 PM

Gonna keep this around for awhile. Also, looking for the soapy shader one.

EClark1894 ( ) posted Thu, 07 November 2019 at 6:56 PM

bagginsbill posted at 7:55PM Thu, 07 November 2019 - #3800461

For those that have no use for math and matmatic, here is the setup that produces the Corner function. The math node Math_Functions_7 is the k value. In this screen shot, k is 4.

I must be doing something wrong because I can't even make the tile render.

bagginsbill ( ) posted Fri, 08 November 2019 at 3:34 PM · edited Fri, 08 November 2019 at 3:36 PM

That post only works in FireFly. Are you doing SuperFly? Displacement can't really be used for tiles in SuperFly. Try using the bump channel instead of displacement with the same node setup.

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)

EClark1894 ( ) posted Fri, 08 November 2019 at 3:55 PM · edited Fri, 08 November 2019 at 3:57 PM

I did one in Superfly and several in Firefly. And I did one with each root node. No luck.

I was only using the cloth Plane though, both hi-res and regular. Maybe that was the problem?

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.