Fri, May 17, 5:34 AM CDT

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 May 17 2:35 am)

Subject: The Perfect Green Screen Key Effect in Photoshop tutorial

chippwalters ( ) posted Wed, 06 October 2010 at 4:13 AM · edited Tue, 07 May 2024 at 9:50 AM

Attached Link: The Perfect Green Screen Key Effect in Photoshop tutorial

There are few if any decent tutorials on how to chroma key a green screen image in Photoshop.

In fact, I couldn’t find a single decent one, so I created my own.

One of the problems with many 3D programs I use (specifically KeyShot and Vue), is they don’t render out a transparency channel with the alpha.

The light bulb shown below only has an alpha channel showing the silhouette of the bulb, with nothing in the interior. The challenge is to how to render an image which can be post processed in Photoshop so that the interior transparencies are preserved.

This tutorial does a good job of explaining how to take a green screen image with transparencies, like a glass or a light bulb, and create a really nice mask for compositing over all sorts of other images. This is great for creating transparent PNG files which you can use in presentations, or on websites, or in advertising. Hope you enjoy the tute..

Creating a Transparent Green Screen Effect using KeyShot or Vue and Photoshop

BeyondVR ( ) posted Wed, 06 October 2010 at 6:51 AM

This has been in the back of my mind for some time.  Very well presented, Chipp!!

John

vintorix ( ) posted Thu, 07 October 2010 at 2:07 PM

Thank you Chipp there is so few helpful tips for matte painting. (One is AsileFX - Matte Painting And Compositing Series BTW). Soon 3D extractions and composeting will be better known and things may improve. (a pious hope!).

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.