Sat, Jun 1, 1:29 PM CDT

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jun 01 3:00 am)

Subject: New Ram.. new OS.. different problem with poser 8.

FaeMoon ( ) posted Sat, 27 March 2010 at 1:38 AM · edited Thu, 30 November 2023 at 9:29 PM

I upped my RAM to 6 GB and did a reformat and got on Windows 7 now.   Poser 8 now seems more stable in that it's not crashing at all.  It loads quicker too.

I seem to have worsened one aspect though with these changes.  The translation of objects seems to take longer to register than before.  Like I'll type in a value and it takes it a good 5 seconds to apply the change.  Also, when I move around the camera with the little 'trackball'  it is very herky-jerky.  I'll go from looking straight on and wanting to angle up just a little and suddenly the camera is looking directly down on the scene.

It appears I've changed one set of issues for another,  here.   I don't know if there are any settings that I need to alter since the change.  

Would Poser 2010 be more stable than Poser 8?   I know it is 64 bit.. same as my OS now.

Any advice is appreaciated.

ghonma ( ) posted Sat, 27 March 2010 at 2:56 AM

What display card do you have and have you updated its drivers recently ? Do you still get the issue in SreeD mode ?

vilters ( ) posted Sat, 27 March 2010 at 3:37 AM

Upgrade display drivers.

Both ATI and Nvidea have now new drivers out for Windows 7.

Poser 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, P8 and PPro2010, P9 and PP2012, P10 and PP2014 Game Dev
"Do not drive faster then your angel can fly"!

vilters ( ) posted Sat, 27 March 2010 at 3:45 AM

Upgrade display drivers.

Both ATI and Nvidea have now new drivers out for Windows 7.

Poser 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, P8 and PPro2010, P9 and PP2012, P10 and PP2014 Game Dev
"Do not drive faster then your angel can fly"!

FaeMoon ( ) posted Sat, 27 March 2010 at 9:08 AM

ahh ok.. will try that.  

Thanks!

FaeMoon ( ) posted Sat, 27 March 2010 at 8:09 PM

Dowloaded the new drivers and it seems to have helped but Poser 8 still behaves a bit jerky.  Any other ideas?   Getting the camera to behave is an exercise in patience right now.   I have an Nvidea 9800 GTX card.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.