Mon, Apr 29, 6:23 PM CDT

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Apr 29 12:23 pm)

Subject: Why are clothes transparent where they should not???

mackis3D ( ) posted Sun, 06 December 2009 at 2:51 PM · edited Fri, 01 December 2023 at 9:01 PM

file_444289.png

I don't understand why some clothes have transparent/invisible parts, where they should not.

I know if I use a light with 'depth map shadows' those parts are not transparent and visible.

But I prefer to use raytrace lights and when I want to use only one light that has to be raytraced this is simply annoying.

Is there a way I can workaround this problem in the material room or somewhere else?

adh3d ( ) posted Sun, 06 December 2009 at 2:55 PM

Is that image a preview mode screen capture?, if yes, I thinf that effext is because the poly of that zone is a 1 face poly, usually, when you render the model, you can see that part is not transparent at all.

adh3d website

markschum ( ) posted Sun, 06 December 2009 at 3:07 PM

If you mean the inside of the sleeve its the way the poly is facing. It should render ok.

mackis3D ( ) posted Sun, 06 December 2009 at 3:13 PM · edited Sun, 06 December 2009 at 3:15 PM

No. This is a RENDERED image of course. There is even a shadow of the arm/hand on the shoulder...

Anthanasius ( ) posted Sun, 06 December 2009 at 4:01 PM · edited Sun, 06 December 2009 at 4:05 PM

file_444297.jpg

In your render settings have you checked "remove backfacing poly" ?

Génération mobiles Le Forum / Le Site

mackis3D ( ) posted Sun, 06 December 2009 at 4:23 PM

Quote - In your render settings have you checked "remove backfacing poly" ?

Yes, it's checked, it's always checked....oh, I never thought about that, unchecked and it renders visible. Big MERCI pour toi!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.