Sat, Jun 1, 4:22 AM CDT

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 May 27 10:13 pm)

Subject: * ** December challenge - the winner is... * * *

agiel ( ) posted Sun, 06 January 2008 at 2:20 PM · edited Sun, 07 January 2024 at 3:25 PM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/mod/contest/index.php?entry_id=26888

Congratulations to muf for winning this challenge.

I will start the next challenge as soon as I receive the new theme.

thirdroad ( ) posted Mon, 07 January 2008 at 10:38 PM

I keep missing the beginning of these...  Any suggestions on how to keep up with them other than checking everyday?  Perhaps a contest newsletter?

impish ( ) posted Tue, 08 January 2008 at 1:30 PM

For the last couple of months I've included the Renderosity Vue challenges announcements on the my unofficial Vue News blog.  It's not at all official and there are no guarantees I'll always spot the challenges here but it might help you thirdroad**.**

impworks | vue news blog | twitter | pinterest

agiel ( ) posted Tue, 08 January 2008 at 6:01 PM

I try to keep the beginning of challenges around the 5th of the month - although I have had delays for the past few months.

Challenges are announced in the forum - you should get an ebot about them (the next one will go live tonight).

I also update the headers of the forum, gallery and community page with news about which stage of the challenge we are in.

In the meantime, here is the new theme for this month :

*"A Time Lost..."
This will be a challenge that involves something that was lost with time. You may use any theme that you choose such as love, wars, etc. It is really up to you. It can be any time period in history. Past, present or future.
Have fun and make a powerful image for this.

Guidelines should be as follows:
Image obviously must be rendered in Vue.
Post work is allowed but image must show most of the work being done in Vue.
Any imported objects are allowed.

Other then that, knock yourselves out.*

thirdroad ( ) posted Tue, 08 January 2008 at 6:14 PM

Thanks impish and agiel!  I am new to Vue, just bought it over the holiday break, and am having a blast. 

I have been doing 3d for a little over a decade.  I started back with povray, then the front-ends; povlab and moray.  Finally moved in to Bryce about 5 years ago, and after doing just a tiny bit of work in the Vue demo, I fell in love with its ease of use and user friendliness, not to mention the sheer power of it over the others I have used.  So, I had to go buy the whole banana.

Looking forward to getting into the Vue scene happening here online.

By the way, I have seen some fantastic work coming from you Vue users.  Looking forward to seeing much more.

Thanks again!

Bill

ArtPearl ( ) posted Wed, 16 January 2008 at 12:47 PM

@Agiel
So, is the january challenge open? You said on the 8th that it will open 'tonight'? I cant see anything :(

"I paint that which comes from the imagination or from dreams, or from an unconscious drive. I photograph the things that I do not wish to paint, the things which already have an existence."
Man Ray, modernist painter
http://artpearl.redbubble.com/

agiel ( ) posted Wed, 16 January 2008 at 8:15 PM

Gee... been a week already !

I promise, the contest page will be up tonight.

agiel ( ) posted Wed, 16 January 2008 at 8:38 PM

The January challenge page is up,

Sorry again for the delay.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.