Sat, Jun 1, 4:42 AM CDT

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 May 27 10:13 pm)

Subject: * ** December challenge is open * * *

agiel ( ) posted Sun, 23 December 2007 at 10:50 AM ยท edited Tue, 19 December 2023 at 2:38 AM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/mod/contest/index.php?contest_id=893

A little late but just in time for the Holidays... the page for the December challenge is open.

The Theme this month is Flower Power.

Due to the Holidays, I will leave the challenge open until January 2nd 2008.

Happy Holidays and happy Vueing everyone...

Rutra ( ) posted Mon, 24 December 2007 at 2:56 AM

I would just like to say something about the terms regarding filesize. I think that less than 250KB is very difficult to reach and still have a fairly good quality image. Why not the same restriction as in the gallery? I have a file to post but with this restriction I think I will not post it. I already applied all the tricks I know to shrink it (reduce resolution, reduce saturation, increase blur, etc) and it still is bigger than 250KB. And I dont want to post a bad quality image, with artifacts or whatever (in this case, I prefer not to post at all). Thanks!

agiel ( ) posted Mon, 24 December 2007 at 11:50 PM

Try posting it to the challenge anyway.

I can't remember if the 250KB limit is really working or not. There is no size setting on the contest configuration side, so if it is working, my apologies - it is something built in and I can't change it.

If it is not working, consider it more as a guideline than a rule. I will welcome images larger in KB than what is on the contest rules.

Rutra ( ) posted Tue, 25 December 2007 at 7:31 AM

Oh, I just realized the thumbnail rule is also different. Instead of the normal 200x200, in the challenge it's 100x100. That's really small. I only realized it after submiting the entry. I hope the entry went foward anyway.

agiel ( ) posted Thu, 03 January 2008 at 11:13 PM

The challenge is open for votes - it will be open until Saturday January 5th.

Good luck everybody

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.