Sat, May 18, 9:28 PM CDT

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 May 18 5:59 pm)

Subject: Free stocking+leg shader

GeneralNutt ( ) posted Fri, 01 October 2010 at 1:32 AM

Just change the file extension. Change the .txt to .mt5 or whatever.

shadowhawk2zero ( ) posted Fri, 01 October 2010 at 1:34 AM

I tried that to no avail. I am trying to save it as Nylon.mt5 in the P8 materials room and it either saves it as a .txt file or tells me that I can not save it there and directs me to a location in my documents to save it.

GeneralNutt ( ) posted Fri, 01 October 2010 at 1:39 AM

Are you using windows or a mac? If it's windows go to the folder where the file is and just click the file once, or right click and rename. From there just change the extention. Windows will warn you about something ignore it and say ok.

shadowhawk2zero ( ) posted Fri, 01 October 2010 at 1:46 AM

I am using windows 7. I tried to change it in both locations it is saved in. I was unable to change it from a .txt file in either location. Looking at the file it doesn't say it is a .txt file until you click on it but the icon is a .txt icon. I appreciate the help I must be extra dense on this because I can't seem to figure what appears to be a simple problem out.

GeneralNutt ( ) posted Fri, 01 October 2010 at 1:55 AM

I have windows 7 too, I'm guessing it could be something to do with some windows security setting you may have, or a add on program. Also if you can't see the file extension, go into my computer, organize, folder and search options. View tab, and look for disable hide know file types and anything else that limits you seeing the extension.

shadowhawk2zero ( ) posted Fri, 01 October 2010 at 2:05 AM

OK that fixed it. I guess it was like you said the security settings were hiding the .txt on the file. I really appreciate all the help you gave me to figure this out. Now I will have printed this thread out I will have to give it a try while I can look at it as I am working on it. Thanks a lot for all of your help.

GeneralNutt ( ) posted Fri, 01 October 2010 at 2:07 AM

Glad to hear you got it fixed.

shadowhawk2zero ( ) posted Fri, 01 October 2010 at 6:36 PM

This has to be the best way to give any Gen 4 character pantyhose without having to deal with poke through. Thanks BB and everyone that has posted info on this thread. I especially would like to thank GeneralNutt for his help in assisting me with the .txt issues I was having this morning.  I am looking forward to replacing most of my stocking and pantyhose props to gather dust in my runtime.

Anthanasius ( ) posted Sat, 02 October 2010 at 4:22 AM

You can get rid off the poke through with pantyhose, you just have to transform the character to a dynamic prop.

Génération mobiles Le Forum / Le Site

grichter ( ) posted Tue, 01 February 2011 at 10:51 PM · edited Tue, 01 February 2011 at 10:54 PM

file_464766.jpg

Hard to tell in this med res jpg image. But in a render, you can see a line where the standard hip zone ends and the leg zone begins. This is V4 and her stock nude texture.

Made a bump map to look as to the best of my abilities like panty hose. The built in bump using the granite node is used on the legs and feet. The panty part of my bump map ends short of bottom of the hip zone on the leg. So I felt if I did not keep the granite bump in place the transition wouldn't work from the hip zone to the leg zone.

So I added a blender node and plugged the granite and my bump map into it and then the blender back into the bump node. But to get the different color of where a non all sheer pantyhose would typically be, I added a another texture map and used the tatoo method of color multiple and added the skin texture and my texture map into the color math node and then rehooked back to where the original figure texture map was connected. The texture map used to make the panty part darker has it's texture strenght turned down to .5.

I assume I have used the wrong methods to do this and or picked the wrong material room nodes to try to join my panty bump and re-color into the mix of BB's nodes. Anybody got any hint's of other things I should try. I have messed around for the last few days with this and am very close. But again you might not be able to see the line I see in the jpg I have posted of the render. Trust me it's there and noticable.

If anybody wants a copy of my bump map and what I plugged into mixed with the torso texture using the tatoo method and copies of my psd files I used to create these, let me know by site mail and I can zip up and email to you to use or modify anyway you want. Keeping in mind that my texturing and psd skills suck. Right now both are 2000 x 2000 which is to big. But I am still trying to figure this out and have not made them smaller yet.

FYI: I created the bump map using V4's seam guide and painted over it.

Gary

"Those who lose themselves in a passion lose less than those who lose their passion"

pcw5150 ( ) posted Wed, 02 February 2011 at 6:07 PM

This is something I've also struggled with monumentally! I ended up regrouping the lower most row of poly's on the abdomen group for the waistband. I also did an overlay for the hip and waistband much like grichter did, but still not totally satisfied with the results.

My overlay used the same concept as Anthanasius' post in this thread with good results. I'm still puzzled how the stocking top looked so straight in Anthanasius' render given the leg/hip junction being not very straight - but I digress.

Ultimately, I'd just like to have the waistband a little higher up on the abdomen just below the umbilicus. That unfortunately has been my undoing to date.

Still I think 'bill's method is about as good as it gets. I liked the simplicity of fabiana's recent product Essentials Sheers. But trying to do a pantyhose or even a stocking top overlay with the node structure in Essentials Sheers has not worked out well for me.

Still open to suggestions myself....

Paul

RodS ( ) posted Wed, 02 February 2011 at 6:31 PM

It's been a while since I've played with BB's stocking shader, and I can see I'm going to have to re-read this thread to refresh what's left of my mind.

I'll have to admit I've been rather spoiled of late by Fabiana's Essentials Sheers,  but I like BB's shaders for the simple fact you can make the hose any color your heart desires. I'm sure there's a way to fiddle with the colors with the Sheers as well, I just (still being a shader toddler) haven't stumbled onto it yet! :-D

I usually rely on my old pal Photoshop and various lace brushes, PNGs and scans of lace for my stocking tops and pantyhose seams.

So much amazing stuff to play with....

"I reject your reality and substitute my own" - Adam Savage

bagginsbill ( ) posted Wed, 02 February 2011 at 9:47 PM

I see you guys and want to help but I have too much work at the moment. I'll keep the ebot and hopefully I'll remember to come back here soon as I can.

By the way, material mixes (this kind of shader is an example) are a lot easier to do with matmatic. There are way too many nodes to hook up by hand. If you want to master mixed materials, it can't hurt to learn how to describe them with your mind instead of your fingers, if you know what I mean.

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)

RodS ( ) posted Wed, 02 February 2011 at 10:07 PM

Yeah, I know what you mean, BB - on both counts. I'm a lot better versed in the busy with work arena than I am with shaders, believe me!

And on the other part, I can relate as well. I learn best by just getting in and screwing things up, then figuring out what the heck happened... Not really, but I've learned so much in the past year both by just messing with it, and with your help through tuts like this.

I'll have to look into that Matmatic thing. I've read about it in a couple of these forums.

Good luck on the work, and thanks for all the info!

"I reject your reality and substitute my own" - Adam Savage

Acadia ( ) posted Sun, 27 November 2011 at 12:14 AM

Is there a way to use this stocking shader to make fishnet stockings? 

http://imagecache.artistrising.com/artwork/lrg//1/176/5E11000A.jpg

I have all kinds of thigh length stockings but what I need are panty-hose style. I have Jasmina's pantyhose package, but the textures are just not right for what I need.

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

Anthanasius ( ) posted Sun, 27 November 2011 at 3:19 AM · edited Sun, 27 November 2011 at 3:20 AM
WandW ( ) posted Sun, 27 November 2011 at 7:52 AM

Linda,  Thank you so much for bumping this thread up! :wub:

I was just going to hunt it up so I could try it with this...

http://www.sharecg.com/v/57117/browse/11/Poser/V4SockToes-Conforming-Figure-for-V4

And Thanx to Anthanasius for the link to the tutorial thread! 😄

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Wisdom of bagginsbill:

"Oh - the manual says that? I have never read the manual - this must be why."
“I could buy better software, but then I'd have to be an artist and what's the point of that?"
"The [R'osity Forum Search] 'Default' label should actually say 'Don't Find What I'm Looking For'".
bagginsbill's Free Stuff... https://web.archive.org/web/20201010171535/https://sites.google.com/site/bagginsbill/Home

WandW ( ) posted Sun, 27 November 2011 at 2:27 PM

file_475655.jpg

Hey, it works with the toe figure!  I applied the shader with the V4 texture (the DAZ hi-resolution texture) and set the transparency to 55%.  The colour is Taupe; everything else is left at the default settings....

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“I could buy better software, but then I'd have to be an artist and what's the point of that?"
"The [R'osity Forum Search] 'Default' label should actually say 'Don't Find What I'm Looking For'".
bagginsbill's Free Stuff... https://web.archive.org/web/20201010171535/https://sites.google.com/site/bagginsbill/Home

RedPhantom ( ) posted Sun, 27 November 2011 at 6:15 PM
Site Admin Online Now!

Wandw. wow that looks good.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

cedarwolf ( ) posted Sat, 31 March 2012 at 12:52 PM · edited Sat, 31 March 2012 at 1:03 PM

Is this available as a downloadable .pdf, please?  Some of us have short memories and need paper copies to work from.  Incredible, just incredible.

Update:  Never mind...I just discovered the "print thread" link.  My bad.

mysticeagle ( ) posted Sat, 31 March 2012 at 2:16 PM

wasn't it Gandalf who said "I've never known a Baggins that wasn't a leg man"?........thanxs BB

OS: Windows7 64-bit Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2430M CPU @ 2.40GHz, 2401 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)  6GB Ram
Poser: Poser Pro 2012 SR3.1 ...Poser 8.........Poser5 on a bad day........
Daz Studio Pro 4.5  64bit

Carrara beta 8.5

Modelling: Silo/Hexagon/Groboto V3
Image Editing: PSP V9/Irfanview
Movie Editing. Cyberlink power director/Windows live movie maker

"I live in an unfinished , poorly lit box, but we call it home"

My freestuff   

link via my artist page

mysticeagle ( ) posted Sun, 01 April 2012 at 2:19 PM

i'm having a problem with applying the skin, i'm using the wm v4 figure, with the charlotte by shadavar mat, when i apply the limbs skin mat to the new stockings  mat group, i find that the limb skin shows fingernails overprint on the new mat and a shadow of the hands from the limbs mat too.....secondly if i want to apply the material to a pre-existing stocking figure ie, Hongyus lace stocking that already has 3 predefined mats, stocking/lace stocking and invisible, can i just apply the mat then "apply to all" or do i need to delete the exisiting groups and set a new stockings mat group? 

OS: Windows7 64-bit Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2430M CPU @ 2.40GHz, 2401 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)  6GB Ram
Poser: Poser Pro 2012 SR3.1 ...Poser 8.........Poser5 on a bad day........
Daz Studio Pro 4.5  64bit

Carrara beta 8.5

Modelling: Silo/Hexagon/Groboto V3
Image Editing: PSP V9/Irfanview
Movie Editing. Cyberlink power director/Windows live movie maker

"I live in an unfinished , poorly lit box, but we call it home"

My freestuff   

link via my artist page

xanaman ( ) posted Mon, 02 April 2012 at 10:23 AM

If you're using V3, A3, The Girl, or any of the native Poser characters, you can create a single texture group for pantyhose/tights because the body texture is one image.

The V4 figure kind of sucks when it comes to appying textures because of the way the limbs are broken away from the torso.  The trick is that the texture groups don't follow the body parts names, so you'll still need to create two separate groups.  I don't know anything about V5. 

I did this by first clearing the textures from the legs so I could see where the texture seams came together.  Then using the group tool, I followed the seam and created "pantyhose upper" and "pantyhose lower" groups.

The "pantyhose upper" group requires the torso texture (mid thigh and up) and the "pantyhose lower" group uses the limbs textures. 

If you try just using the body part names when assigning groups, you'll get improper texture mapping.

The only real reason for doing this is if you are using clothing that comes high on the hip where you need to add some polygons from the abdomen.  Otherwise, just selecting the body parts in the material room and applying the texture will work well.

I'm not sure if that made any sense, but hopefully it helps.  I'm at work, so I don't have any way to post examples, but if you start at the beginning of this thread, BB addressed this early on.

Kalypso ( ) posted Tue, 10 April 2012 at 12:48 PM
Site Admin

I'd like to continue using this material in PP2012.  What, if any, adjustments should be made for the new SSS now available?  Or can I just run the texture through EZSkin and then add this as it is?

flibbits ( ) posted Tue, 23 July 2013 at 5:02 AM

5 1/2 years later...this is very handy.

vxg139 ( ) posted Tue, 06 August 2013 at 2:57 PM · edited Tue, 06 August 2013 at 3:04 PM

When I place BB's shader in the apporpriate directory (materials folder) and access it from the Material menu, I don't see the same screen as BB's snapshot (of the shader).... Any suggestions?

Also, has someone created morph for V4 toes that translates them into "Footsock" (similar to V3?)

Thanks all for advice

vxg139

atpo ( ) posted Sat, 25 October 2014 at 7:20 PM

very thanks.

frogpd ( ) posted Sat, 27 December 2014 at 6:10 PM

HELP....I am trying to "load" the shader.  I have copied the TEXT and saved it as described above, but the shader cannot be found. In short, how do I load your shader?

RedPhantom ( ) posted Sat, 27 December 2014 at 6:59 PM
Site Admin Online Now!

click on the little missing image symbol on the first page. Copy and paste that that text into notepad (or your favorite equivalent). Save that with an mt5 extension (rather than a txt) into your material folder of your runtime. If your library is open you may need to refresh the folder. It should be there with a shrugging guy until you make a thumbnail.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

frogpd ( ) posted Sun, 28 December 2014 at 1:08 AM

...for some reason I cannot get it to load still.  :(

RobynsVeil ( ) posted Sun, 28 December 2014 at 4:26 AM · edited Sun, 28 December 2014 at 4:31 AM

Frog, would you be willing to enter the EXACT wording of the error you are getting with this? Also, which version of Poser?

ETA: the reason for my question is this: shaders will always "load", it's usually a texture map (image) that can't be found.

Monterey/Mint21.x/Win10 - Blender3.x - PP11.3(cm) - Musescore3.6.2

Wir sind gewohnt, daß die Menschen verhöhnen was sie nicht verstehen
[it is clear that humans have contempt for that which they do not understand] 

Metaphor of Chooks

frogpd ( ) posted Sun, 28 December 2014 at 7:18 AM

Morning,

I have to get back to you ;2014 pro 64 bit can't find the texture and/or not enough memory to load message....for starters (paraphrased)

Thanks

RobynsVeil ( ) posted Sun, 28 December 2014 at 2:05 PM

If it can't find a texture, a dialogue will come up to help you navigate your folders to find it. I've only had the latter issue when I've run out of RAM trying to load too many textures for my system.

Monterey/Mint21.x/Win10 - Blender3.x - PP11.3(cm) - Musescore3.6.2

Wir sind gewohnt, daß die Menschen verhöhnen was sie nicht verstehen
[it is clear that humans have contempt for that which they do not understand] 

Metaphor of Chooks

Boni ( ) posted Mon, 29 December 2014 at 10:48 AM

Glad to see this thread bumped.  I have it bookmarked.  An excellent technique as usual for Bagginsbill. :)

Boni

"Be Hero to Yourself" -- Peter Tork

weedlee ( ) posted Wed, 23 September 2015 at 11:50 PM

the txt file (https://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/media/folder_8/file_392880.txt) can not be download anymore. (The page you are looking for does not exist) there is anyone can send it to my mail? (weed.lee@gmail.com) , thank you!

weedlee ( ) posted Wed, 23 September 2015 at 11:53 PM

bagginsbill posted at 11:52PM Wed, 23 September 2015 - #3109382

Here's something else you'll want to download. I chose twenty nice colors to help you get started with great looking legs. This image shows them. We're going to use this in the shader as a handy color picker. I'll show you that shortly. Save this image to your computer. Make sure you remember where you put it. You'll need to load it into your shader.

the txt file (https://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/media/folder_8/file_392880.txt) can not be download anymore. (The page you are looking for does not exist) there is anyone can send it to my mail? (weed.lee@gmail.com) , thank you so much!

WandW ( ) posted Thu, 24 September 2015 at 7:53 AM · edited Thu, 24 September 2015 at 7:56 AM

weedlee posted at 8:51AM Thu, 24 September 2015 - #4230440

the txt file (https://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/media/folder_8/file_392880.txt) can not be download anymore. (The page you are looking for does not exist)

Well that stinks!! 😠

I'm not at my Poser machine to double check, but I'm pretty sure this is the BBshader...

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9_I3V6UTuuXQ2pTQzlob20tWUk

weedlee ( ) posted Thu, 24 September 2015 at 7:57 PM

WandW posted at 7:56PM Thu, 24 September 2015 - #4230477

weedlee posted at 8:51AM Thu, 24 September 2015 - #4230440

the txt file (https://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/media/folder_8/file_392880.txt) can not be download anymore. (The page you are looking for does not exist)

Well that stinks!! 😠

I'm not at my Poser machine to double check, but I'm pretty sure this is the BBshader...

thank you very much!

libido27 ( ) posted Thu, 20 July 2017 at 4:53 AM · edited Thu, 20 July 2017 at 4:53 AM

pantyhoseV4.png

Some one know, how fix this brocken line on a hips?

mrudolf ( ) posted Mon, 05 August 2019 at 10:12 PM

bagginsbill posted at 8:12PM Mon, 05 August 2019 - #3109421

Forgot to show you Jessi. Here she is. Forgive my noobiness, but I do not see a file to download anywhere on this page.

an0malaus ( ) posted Tue, 06 August 2019 at 2:02 AM

Long overdue answer to @libido27. Sometimes such UV map boundaries can be overcome by converting the figure Skinning Method from Poser Traditional to Poser Unimesh. The discontinuity mid-thigh comes from slight differences in the vertex normals between the part of the thigh using the body UV map, and the part using the limb UV map. Choosing Unimesh seems to fix that.

My ShareCG Stuff

Verbosity: Profusely promulgating Graham's number epics of complete and utter verbiage by the metric monkey barrel.

tastiger ( ) posted Thu, 08 August 2019 at 3:05 PM

Ah, am I the only one not seeing the attachment links?

The supreme irony of life is that hardly anyone gets out of it alive.
Robert A. Heinlein

11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-11900K @ 3.50GHz   3.50 GHz
64.0 GB (63.9 GB usable)
Geforce RTX 3060 12 GB
Windows 11 Pro

WandW ( ) posted Thu, 08 August 2019 at 9:07 PM · edited Thu, 08 August 2019 at 9:10 PM

tastiger posted at 10:06PM Thu, 08 August 2019 - #4358966

Ah, am I the only one not seeing the attachment links?

They disappeared years ago. I posted a link in the thread to the stocking shader about 5 years ago...

Edit: I can't seem to make it a live link...

tastiger ( ) posted Fri, 09 August 2019 at 12:20 AM

WandW posted at 3:20PM Fri, 09 August 2019 - #4358992

They disappeared years ago. I posted a link in the thread to the stocking shader about 5 years ago...

Edit: I can't seem to make it a live link...

Many Thanks

The supreme irony of life is that hardly anyone gets out of it alive.
Robert A. Heinlein

11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-11900K @ 3.50GHz   3.50 GHz
64.0 GB (63.9 GB usable)
Geforce RTX 3060 12 GB
Windows 11 Pro

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.