Sat, Jun 1, 3:05 PM CDT

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jun 01 6:55 am)

Subject: * * * Forum update * * *

agiel ( ) posted Thu, 01 November 2007 at 8:48 AM · edited Sun, 08 October 2023 at 4:02 AM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/mod/blog/display.php?member=agiel

I finally got around to updating the look and feel of the Backroom to the new design of Renderosity. I also took that occasion to update the headers of the forum and gallery and make them more compact.

Hopefully, this will improve navigation a bit and save some space.

As usual, you can find news about updates to the forum in the Forum Log (link attached). Fell free to contact me (or SGT2005) if you have any suggestion to improve the forum.

Don't hesitate to send more banners. I am impressed with the quality of the banners we have received so far. Remember this is an open contest - there is no limit to the number of posts (send them to me by email if the contest page keeps you from submitting) and no limit in time.

I will be working next on the much needed update of the Backroom Tips section (making it easier to maintain, cleaning up links and adding new ones).

BAR-CODE ( ) posted Thu, 01 November 2007 at 9:54 AM

I do like to make some banners .. but ?!?!?
Why is the size 600x50 ?? poser forum has 600x125  what can we do with 50 pixels ?
One this size it not thatstrange not much peeps like to make something...

So why 600x50 ? 

Chris

IF YOU WANT TO CONTACT BAR-CODE SENT A  PM to 26FAHRENHEIT  "same person"

Chris

My Free Stuff

agiel ( ) posted Thu, 01 November 2007 at 10:04 AM · edited Thu, 01 November 2007 at 10:05 AM

This size is to make them close to the size of regular banner ads (468x50) while keeping the banners small enough to have compact headers.

Think of it as part of the challenge :)

People have come up with interesting solutions to that problem already.

BAR-CODE ( ) posted Thu, 01 November 2007 at 10:08 AM

Okay ...
Then i say good luck to them 😉

Chris

Chris

My Free Stuff

agiel ( ) posted Thu, 01 November 2007 at 10:17 AM · edited Thu, 01 November 2007 at 10:19 AM

One solution is to crop an existing image creatively.

For example, your images Aftermath (first one), Waiting for the storm or Fading rave party could be turned into banners very easily.

Edit: same could be said for Timing and Last one standing :)

BAR-CODE ( ) posted Thu, 01 November 2007 at 10:21 AM

I know that about my images ... but 600x50 is to small for good view on Vue's potential..

So i give the thumbs up to others, but i'll pass 

greetz
Chris

Chris

My Free Stuff

melikia ( ) posted Sun, 18 November 2007 at 11:13 AM

"but 600x50 is to small for good view on Vue's potential.."

i agree that 50 pixels isn't quite large enough.  try making a banner for an ad in that size and you'll see how quickly it can be frustrating.

HOWEVER, that being said - it's a challenge to work within any specs given to you - regardless if the size is 50x50 or 5000x5000 or even gasps 600x50.

how CAN one show the potential of Vue in such a space?  Its quite possible as others have shown - grins - perhaps thinking outside the cube?  chuckles

telling yourself something is not possible only defeats yourself. - and yes, thats my opinion, and no, its not directed at anyone in particular (even though i used a quote to start off my message)....  i have to remind myself of that quite often.  "This is impossible!!!"  No - its not.

What if the Wright Brother's had said "This is impossible!" when building their plane?  Or if they said "This contraption doesnt show the full potential of flight, so why even start?"

why not choose a "range" of potential to try to show in a banner?  For example - lighting, or terrains, or atmosphere, or ecosystems....  and that just barely scratches the surface.

that being said.... i intend to attempt this challenge at some point.  And thank you  for the oppertunity to stretch my creativity =D

Rarer than a hairy egg and madder than a box of frogs....

< o > < o >    You've been VUED!    < o > < o >
         >                                                     >
         O                                                    O

BAR-CODE ( ) posted Sun, 18 November 2007 at 12:44 PM

Who sayed i think its impossible .. i just wont spent time on it because of the Size ...

Chris

Chris

My Free Stuff

melikia ( ) posted Sun, 18 November 2007 at 1:18 PM

pardon for that, Chris, please - wasn't quoting you on "impossible" - the "too small" led me wee brain to the "impossible" and it just continued from there.  I wasn't trying to say or even imply YOU think it is impossible (or not).... if i stepped on your toes, i honestly didn't mean to.

i went on with the "impossible" thing because its something i have to keep reminding myself, and perhaps as a few words of encouragement to others who might be intimidated by the size restrictions.

50 pixels IS tiny LOL.

and very frustrating to work with....

which is why today i'm "building" a house in vue LOL.  i'm still intimidated by 50 pixels =D

btw... i like your sig, Chris.... great effects in the animation, and the tag line is cool, too

Rarer than a hairy egg and madder than a box of frogs....

< o > < o >    You've been VUED!    < o > < o >
         >                                                     >
         O                                                    O

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.