Sat, Jun 1, 5:05 PM CDT

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jun 01 6:55 am)

Subject: * * * Vue September Challenge * * *

agiel ( ) posted Wed, 12 September 2007 at 12:05 PM ยท edited Thu, 30 May 2024 at 9:41 PM

I will be delayed to create the challenge page until this week-end, so in order to not waste any more time, here is the theme for this month :

WATERFALLS in PURE VUE.

The idea is to create splashes and running water using on the tools provided by Vue - no import of external objects and no postwork allowed. Billboards and alpha planes are ok as long as they are used to add details and not as the main way to create a waterfall.

You can use hypertextures (if you have Vue 6), metablobs, terrains, retextured trees if you want... but no foreign object please.

Remember to check the Backroom for quick tips about creating convincing water effects in Vue.

Note: About Monsoon's excellent water package - I will have to double check the content once I go back home but I seem to remember it contains mostly terrains and alpha planes, which should be ok for this challenge.

Have fun !

TheJediMaster ( ) posted Sun, 23 September 2007 at 1:40 PM

Hi, which are the steps to I participate of this challenge? that is, how I make so that my image is concurring?

agiel ( ) posted Sun, 23 September 2007 at 4:33 PM

I got delayed at setting up the page for the contest. I will try to get online tonight.

agiel ( ) posted Sat, 29 September 2007 at 7:14 PM

Once again with some delay, I created the challenge page for September. It is now open for entries.

thundering1 ( ) posted Mon, 01 October 2007 at 1:35 PM

Just got back from out of town (and away from Vue) - is the contest gonna be extended (since it's now Oct 1st?)
Thanks-
-Lew ;-)

agiel ( ) posted Mon, 01 October 2007 at 3:40 PM

Well... there's only one image submitted for now. If you can make and submit a picture within the next couple of days, you can still get in :) (This is also a hint for anyone else interested in participating... it is not too late ! )

agiel ( ) posted Thu, 04 October 2007 at 1:19 PM

I think we have waited long enough to last minute entries... we will go with the two already submitted.

Voting is open until tomorrow night, Friday.

haegerst ( ) posted Mon, 08 October 2007 at 6:37 AM

Any new challenge? I'd have expected the october challenge to be open already, but it seems we got a bit out of schedule???

Vue content creator
www.renderarmy.com

agiel ( ) posted Mon, 08 October 2007 at 8:21 AM

I was going to post it this weekend but I got sidetracked by house repairs and an emergency upgrade to Vista. The next challenge will be 'City view' - Make a picture of a urban area. I will set up the page as soon as possible.

thundering1 ( ) posted Mon, 08 October 2007 at 9:36 AM

Ooh - let us know how Vista goes with V6I...
Been a little scared to do it myself (everything my business uses works just fine under XP - I really can't afford to trip the works!) - was gonna give Vista a good year and a half for patches and bug fixes before getting a new computer.

agiel ( ) posted Mon, 08 October 2007 at 10:03 AM ยท edited Mon, 08 October 2007 at 10:10 AM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/showthread.php?thread_id=2715611

> Quote - Ooh - let us know how Vista goes with V6I... > Been a little scared to do it myself (everything my business uses works just fine under XP - I really can't afford to trip the works!) - was gonna give Vista a good year and a half for patches and bug fixes before getting a new computer.

I will start a new thread on that topic to not pollute this one :) Edit: here is the link....

eldritch48 ( ) posted Sun, 14 October 2007 at 3:54 AM

Not to be a pain, but ping on gettng the October challenge up.

haegerst ( ) posted Sun, 14 October 2007 at 3:28 PM

Yeah i also hope the challenge will go again. Looking at the challenge pages it looks like this forum is DEAD. This can't be... <.<

I also hope we come back into a real monthly rhythm, I'd prefer it if lets say the October Challenge is from like 1st to 31st October, that would make it very easy to remember. Looking forward to that urban challenge, i hope only vue modeled buildings will be allowed, would make it more challenging then just buying a bunch of buildings somewhere and plopping these all over the area.

Vue content creator
www.renderarmy.com

agiel ( ) posted Mon, 15 October 2007 at 10:01 AM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/mod/contest/index.php?contest_id=866

The challenge page is up.

I completely agree about the level of participation and the rythm of challenges. It will hopefully improve now that we are two to look after the forum.

I have tried to post the theme of the new challenge by the 5th of each month, start voting on the 29th and close by the 1st or 2nd of the following month.

I will discuss with SGT2005 how we can energize challenges for 2008. I feel the current formula has ran its course. We need something a little more 'challenging' for you and easier to maintain on our side.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.