Wed, Jun 12, 1:25 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jun 03 12:49 am)

Subject: Dripping/Hanging Moss

MNArtist ( ) posted Wed, 28 February 2007 at 10:19 PM · edited Sun, 12 May 2024 at 1:38 PM

Has anyone discovered a good way to create hanging and dripping moss (i.e. Spanish Moss) in Vue.  BTW, I'm using Vue6E.  Any suggestions are appreciated!!!!!!

Trepz ( ) posted Thu, 01 March 2007 at 12:08 AM

You can actually use the dry weeds model.It is pretty convincing with the right light and colours.Seen it several times,but never did it myself,good luck would like to see the results(;

"Many are willing to suffer for their art. Few are willing to learn to draw."

gerberc ( ) posted Thu, 01 March 2007 at 1:42 AM

If you have Poser there is a nice spanish moss model at RDNA!
Christoph

garyandcatherine ( ) posted Sat, 03 March 2007 at 2:36 AM

Do you want the stuff to grow from a ceiling? or on walls.
If you want it to grow down from the ceiling/roof then just use them in your ecosystem.  In the density tab, choose offset from surface(bottom left) and change the variable to a minus number.  It depends on the size of the model and the scale you have it set at, but what you will be doing is growing it through the floor.

If you want it growing on walls that's a little trickier.  

1. You have to rotate the wall so that it is flat--parallel with the ground
    2.You will have to go into the scaling/orientation tab and choose direction from surface and change that variable to 100%
  2. Grow your vegetation then rotate the wall in place so that it is in its original position.  But once you change or regrow the ecosystem, it will get all screwed up unless you place the wall back flat on the floor and grow it from there.

Hope this helps.

iloco ( ) posted Sat, 03 March 2007 at 8:53 AM

Hmmmmmmmm ...............I have never seen it growing from walls.   I may be dead wrong but I think he is talking about Spanish Moss that hangs from trees in the Southern part of the USA.

I apologize if I read it wrong and missed the meaning of his post.

If its moss you want the meshes from RDNA are pretty nice and easy to use if you have Poser to save them as pz3 and then import them into vue. :)

ïÏøçö

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.