Sat, Jun 1, 3:50 AM CDT

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jun 01 3:00 am)

Subject: Black & White Rendering - Python Script?

Synpainter ( ) posted Wed, 10 January 2007 at 1:25 PM ยท edited Wed, 06 March 2024 at 5:55 AM

Is anyone aware of a Python script that will allow for Black and white rendering within Poser 7. I would like to be able to Render in true Black & White within Poser. Thanx Syn

jonthecelt ( ) posted Wed, 10 January 2007 at 3:27 PM

I'm not sure if there's a dedicated script geared towards this, though I know it can be done (relatively) simply in the Material room. Just place an hsv node between the root and any coloured image, and set saturation to zero. Do this with the lights as well (transcribe the light colour to a colour math node, then push it through an hsv and on to the root). Posework's Shader Spider would let you set up a wedge shader like this (where you break apart an existing shader to add in extra materials), but that has not yet been updated to Poser 7. It should be possible to write a dedicated Python script to do this, but I'm not the fellow with the know how to do so.

Now that I've spelled out how to do it though... any takers?

jonthecelt

ashley9803 ( ) posted Wed, 10 January 2007 at 6:25 PM

Black and white or grayscale? They are not the same thing.
Seriously, any 2D graphics program will turn a colour image to grayscale.
Why not render in colour and convert to 16 bit grayscale, it will take you about 2 seconds.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.