Sat, Jul 27, 6:07 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jun 26 1:13 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: Challenge WIP-The 5th Element

TheBryster ( ) posted Thu, 24 July 2003 at 8:47 AM · edited Fri, 19 July 2024 at 9:13 PM
Forum Moderator

The 5 .mats will be on the plinths, but these are not finished yet by any means. I want to improve the door .mats and dirty-up the floor some more. It will also be slightly darker. The ceiling will be supported by small buttresses/support thingies, and the dust piles around the plinths will be improved. I need some help with the hieroglyphics panels on the far wall so if anyone knows where I can find some decent 'glyphs I would be very grateful.... C&Cs welcome. The Bryster

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader

All the Woes of a World by Jonathan Icknield aka The Bryster

And in my final hours - I would cling rather to the tattooed hand of kindness - than the unblemished hand of hate...

MuddyGrub ( ) posted Thu, 24 July 2003 at 9:18 AM

If nonone has any glyph links it might be worth an IM to IgnisSerpentus. She might know of some sources, at least of Egyptian ones. Looks like it's going to be a great scene.

Ang25 ( ) posted Thu, 24 July 2003 at 10:32 AM

Looks like a great start, I agree the floor is too clean, but I love it. Maybe you should clean up the rest of the place instead ;-P Nice electrical charges there too. Can't wait to see the tweaked version, :-D

Doublecrash ( ) posted Thu, 24 July 2003 at 10:40 AM

Very nice idea to present the mats, Bryster.

Slakker ( ) posted Thu, 24 July 2003 at 10:46 AM

Looks cool, but i think maybe the .mat's need to be more recognizable as the elements. I don't know if that's what you're planning on doing or not, but that's my two cents. Very cool image, good idea to dirty up the floor, but maybe add some pieces on the corners or something to make the transition between walls look less drastic.

stash0404 ( ) posted Thu, 24 July 2003 at 11:03 AM

Very nice - like it a lot - wish id thought of it. I still cant see any elephants in there tho... Stash ;0)

pakled ( ) posted Thu, 24 July 2003 at 11:45 AM

There's an Egyptian font called 'Nahkt', that has a few heiroglyphics..they're out there on the web, just do a search..I have several different ones, but this is the only name I actually remember. good luck. Isn't the 5th element in the Alkali series, or am I just looking at the PTOE wrong?..;)

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

TheBryster ( ) posted Thu, 24 July 2003 at 12:30 PM
Forum Moderator

Pakled: No, this is my take on the movie with Bruce Willis 'The 5th Element'. Thanks for all the C&C's guys! and the advice....

And in my final hours - I would cling rather to the tattooed hand of kindness - than the unblemished hand of hate...

jasonmit ( ) posted Thu, 24 July 2003 at 1:07 PM

Great idea.

tresamie ( ) posted Thu, 24 July 2003 at 1:36 PM

Attached Link: http://www.virtual-egypt.com/newhtml/hieroglyphics/

Try this website for heiroglyphs. Tres

Fractals will always amaze me!

electroglyph ( ) posted Thu, 24 July 2003 at 2:49 PM

Attached Link: http://www.rostau.org.uk/DestructionOfMankind/

file_68490.jpg

This site has gif images of the story The Destruction of Mankind. It's a primer for reading hieratic and quite appropriate to your subject. I've attached the first of thirteen panels. This texts tells the story of Re's plan to destroy the human race because he came to hear of mankind's plots against him. After an initial spate of destruction by the Eye of Re, the sun god relented and came up with a plan to save the remainder of mankind.

electroglyph ( ) posted Thu, 24 July 2003 at 3:14 PM

Great idea for presenting your materials. I think you're the only other one to incorporate the materials as part of the theme for the image. By the way, I thought Vicki was the fifth element:)

ttops ( ) posted Thu, 24 July 2003 at 5:04 PM

Looks brilliant Bryster.

danamo ( ) posted Thu, 24 July 2003 at 5:19 PM

Very interesting materials and a really clever theme to showcase them.

Zhann ( ) posted Thu, 24 July 2003 at 6:48 PM

Hey B, I have some color wall paintings from tombs if you want them...

Bryce Forum Coordinator....

Vision is the Art of seeing things invisible...

TheBryster ( ) posted Thu, 24 July 2003 at 7:48 PM
Forum Moderator

WOW! I never cease to be amazed at the amount of help and goodwill that this forum generates! I am humbled by your generosity.....here at rende....oh shucks..you know what I mean. OK, many many thanks to Tresamie and Electroglyph for the links to the 'glyphs! Zhann: Yes, please! I think anything in red but of course I could probably colour them myself... The trick here I think will be not to get too 'Eygyptian'. I've got a nice 'Eye of Rah' and I might use that on the right-hand panel. But, I got to thinking that the movie 'The 5th Element' (not elephants,Stash!) had Moorish overtones, so maybe I could find something from the Crusades. Well I've found a Moorish symbol - a kind of sword & crucifux - I've terrained that...and then we'll see. Thanks once again, guys! The Bryster

TheBryster ( ) posted Thu, 24 July 2003 at 7:52 PM
Forum Moderator

And here's the next iteration... As you can see, I've messed up the floor some, just for Ang! And added supports for the ceiling/dome.

deci6el ( ) posted Thu, 24 July 2003 at 8:27 PM

Get closer and use a wider lens. Just a suggestion. ; )

Ang25 ( ) posted Thu, 24 July 2003 at 9:58 PM

Dang! Where'd that pretty floor go? Love those column tops, I have a fetish for decorative architecture ;)

catlin_mc ( ) posted Fri, 25 July 2003 at 3:18 AM

This is a very nice presentation for the mats Bryster and I really like the 5th Element approach you've taken. @Ang..........bad girl, don't you know you should never admit to any fetish in the presence of the Bryster. You never know where he'll take it.........lol 8) Catlin

Ang25 ( ) posted Fri, 25 July 2003 at 7:10 AM

Oh dear Catlin, what have I said, ummm what's another word for fetish? LOL. I love fret work on wood, filigree in jewelry, Gingerbread on cottages etc. I'm just a nut for that decorative, curly type stuff. :-D

TheBryster ( ) posted Fri, 25 July 2003 at 7:46 AM
Forum Moderator

fetish /n.object worshipped by primitive peoples; anything irrationally reverenced; abnormal object of sexual desire... Many cultures create architechture with sexual overtones, phalic buildings and temples etc. Ang is just being 'normal'. I have this fetish about Ang sweeping up this room wearing just a......oops...better not go there. Ang: I bought a graphics tablet the other day and I've been having loads of fun carving out those cornices in the Bryce terrain editor. If I learn nothing about DTE then I'll at least have learned something about the TerrainEditor. Tresamie & Electro: I can now spell my name in Hieroglyphics! Many thanks.

electroglyph ( ) posted Fri, 25 July 2003 at 9:16 AM

Attached Link: http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/4965/index.html

Slightly off topic but Tommy Escondidos Alien font page has Trek, tolken, B5, and Hyroglyph, cuneform font links. Sorry, no 5th element.

Dennisld ( ) posted Fri, 25 July 2003 at 9:27 AM

Hello Mr.Bryster I am quite keen on ancient Egyptian stuff and have trawled the net in the past for freebie objects, textures, glyphs,fonts, etc., I think you'll find what ever you want and more besides at any one of these sites: http://www.neferchichi.com/ http://timonk.com/estuff.html http://www.thekeep.org/~kunoichi/kunoichi/themestream/egypt_column.html http://www.3d-graphics-liebisch.de/download_2/download_2.html Good searching. Dennis

Ang25 ( ) posted Fri, 25 July 2003 at 9:38 AM

I am so far into debt that I have decided that I am going to go all out and buy (on credit card of course) a new PC and a graphics tablet this summer. Gonna start looking online today I think. Bryster, you pictured me wearing something, lol, guess that's why my name isn't Vicki! nnAiBtsf - :-D (not naked Angela in Bryster's temple sweeping floor)

electroglyph ( ) posted Fri, 25 July 2003 at 9:58 AM

Chris, Surely you can think of something better for a pretty girl to do than sweep! In the 5th element movie they had to kiss to trigger the weapon;)

TheBryster ( ) posted Fri, 25 July 2003 at 1:38 PM
Forum Moderator

Electro: It's a fetish I have, the sweeping is only the prelude to what I have in mind.... Ang: Hope you get the pc & stuff you want! You deserve a good monitor at least...;-) Thanks for the links, Dennisld, (& electro)

danamo ( ) posted Fri, 25 July 2003 at 7:25 PM

Hey electrograph, that is a cool site link, thanks! And Ang, I think you deserve a new computer.

catlin_mc ( ) posted Sat, 26 July 2003 at 6:46 PM

If it's not going to ruin yo Angela then go for it. To save money you could build your own. My better half has a how to build your own on our web site, so if you have the nerve I could give you the link and we are both willing to help you if you get stuck on any details. What do you think? Catlin

Ang25 ( ) posted Sat, 26 July 2003 at 8:11 PM

Think I should Catlin? My daughter's ex-boyfriend has been telling me for a couple of years now that I should hire him to build me a computer. I just don't know if its worth the money saved, not sure how much it would save. I'm not a gamer so I guess Bryce is the worst that I throw at my PC. I am a pack rat both in real world and virtual so i'd need lots of storage space, lol. Well thanks for the idea. Angela

TheBryster ( ) posted Sun, 27 July 2003 at 7:16 AM
Forum Moderator

Uploading final image now...you may want to check it out and give me your c&cs...

catlin_mc ( ) posted Sun, 27 July 2003 at 1:48 PM

Ang you should save hundreds of dollars. Most of the money you pay for a new computer is for man hours and in my opinion they charge too much for this. I mean, even I can build a computer in a matter of hours from buying the components to finished product. Catlin

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.