Wed, May 29, 4:06 AM CDT

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 May 28 9:10 pm)

Subject: Might be of interest to some Poser users...

primorge ( ) posted Mon, 13 May 2024 at 4:47 PM · edited Tue, 28 May 2024 at 3:02 PM

E-on Software has released their softwares Vue and Plant Factory, full versions, as a free download.  The licenses are perpetual and do not require online activation. I figured this might be of adjacent interest to some people here, and seeing as how this type of software doesn't really compete commercially in any way with Poser I'm guessing it's ok to post a link for those who might be curious...

https://www.bentley.com/software/e-on-software-free-downloads/

hborre ( ) posted Mon, 13 May 2024 at 5:22 PM

The Vue and Plant Factory free announcement was released several days ago.  There is renewed activity in the Vue Forum.  Thanks for providing the link.

moogal ( ) posted Tue, 14 May 2024 at 7:20 PM

Came here now to see if this had been posted yet. Can someone confirm that the 2023/2024 versions are still compatible with Poser 11 or later?
I've always wanted to try Vue, and now don't have an excuse not to. Knowing for certain that it can still import Poser scenes would make me more excited about checking it out.

RedPhantom ( ) posted Tue, 14 May 2024 at 8:23 PM
Site Admin

The guy was from Poser. It's actually M4. I imported the scene file and did a little shader editing because he was way too shiny. I'm by no means an expert on Vue so he could probably look better, but here is an indication of Poser in Vue

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

Anim8dtoon ( ) posted Wed, 15 May 2024 at 11:52 AM
Forum Moderator
RedPhantom posted at 8:23 PM Tue, 14 May 2024 - #4484774

The guy was from Poser. It's actually M4. I imported the scene file and did a little shader editing because he was way too shiny. I'm by no means an expert on Vue so he could probably look better, but here is an indication of Poser in Vue

Jenny, how were you able to import the .pz3 file into Vue? A number of Poser users are having great difficulty, myself included, in getting Vue to even RECOGNIZE that there is a valid, licensed Poser program on the hard drive. It'd be great if you could explain how you were able to accomplish this.....

RedPhantom ( ) posted Wed, 15 May 2024 at 12:18 PM · edited Wed, 15 May 2024 at 12:18 PM
Site Admin

Go to file>options click on the import tab

hit the configure Poser import button

Hit browse. Move to where you have Poser installed.

Pick your Poser folder and then hit the Select Folder button.

I ignored the sdk option because there was only one choice.

Now I pointed it to my Poser 11 install. I had it pointed at my Poser 13 install using the same method but I was getting this error message when I tried to import the scene

I would hit no and it would continue on like there was no problem. It just was annoying so I changed the folder.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

bwldrd ( ) posted Wed, 15 May 2024 at 6:06 PM

Confirm, did same as RedPhantom with poser 11, and had no problems at all importing pz3's.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Consider me insane if you wish, but is your reality any better?

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.