Sun, May 19, 2:52 AM CDT

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 May 19 1:07 am)

Subject: Hair "room" improvements in Poser 13?

Tiny ( ) posted Fri, 24 March 2023 at 7:47 AM ยท edited Wed, 15 May 2024 at 7:27 AM

Subject says it all. ๐Ÿ˜Šย 
Has the dynamic hair section been improved and fixed?

So far (< Poser 12)ย  I have always had problems with collisions when adding hair as fur on animals for example. The Bullet physics calculations mostly go through the body parts even though collision is set to the whole animal (including children) and the hair groups. The Poser legacy version is slightly better but not much and is very slow.

Dynamic hair is not as unusual or complicated now a days as it used to be for example when I worked with the furred cats back in 2005. ๐Ÿ˜ Even Blender has a good dynamic hair system with good collision detection and fast calculations.ย 

So, will we see better, easier and faster dynamic hair in Poser 13? ๐Ÿ˜Š

hborre ( ) posted Fri, 24 March 2023 at 9:27 AM
Poser 13 has not been released yet until March 30th, so no one really knows what actual features have been improved upon except the development team.

Tiny ( ) posted Fri, 24 March 2023 at 10:47 AM

hborre posted at 9:27 AM Fri, 24 March 2023 - #4459455

Poser 13 has not been released yet until March 30th, so no one really knows what actual features have been improved upon except the development team.
Thank you. I figured if someone from the team could give a hint. Will wait until it is released and ask then. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜Š

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.