Tue, Apr 30, 10:07 AM CDT

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Apr 29 12:23 pm)

Subject: Poser 9 Keeps Crashing...Can't Find Bondare Updates

romangirl ( ) posted Sat, 25 July 2020 at 10:44 AM · edited Tue, 30 April 2024 at 9:21 AM

First, my library/search window disappeared from my pose room and is in the materials room, making it very hard to search for characters, props, scenes, change colors, etc. I keep having to switch back and forth from the pose room to materials room. Now Poser 9 is constantly crashing. It will go down after a few seconds. I keep trying to restart the computer. but then Poser 9 crashes. I want to reinstall Poser 9, but can't find its updates in Bondware. Help! Poser 9 is dead in the water!

randym77 ( ) posted Sat, 25 July 2020 at 6:20 PM

I'm not sure Bondware even has the updates for the earlier versions of Poser. You could try putting in a support ticket.

Someone here might have copies of the Poser 9 SRs. Alternately, updating Windows might fix it (if you're using Windows).

hborre ( ) posted Sat, 25 July 2020 at 7:36 PM

None of the older SR's were made available to Bondware. I am aware of someone else needing service releases for P10; they were gifted with an upload.

Richard60 ( ) posted Sat, 25 July 2020 at 8:38 PM

https://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/?thread_id=2949609

Look at this thread and they seem to list all the older Poser updates. You want the one for Poser Pro 2012.

Poser 5, 6, 7, 8, Poser Pro 9 (2012), 10 (2014), 11, 12, 13

RedPhantom ( ) posted Sat, 25 July 2020 at 8:46 PM
Site Admin

Structure posted links to service updates here https://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/?thread_id=2949609#msg4394414 You can look and see if it has what you need.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

randym77 ( ) posted Sun, 26 July 2020 at 9:35 AM

The service releases aren't listed in those posts for Poser 9. The content updater is, but not the service releases.

I looked at my hard drive, and I have service releases for PP through Poser 8, but not Poser 9. I wonder if it's because that's when they started using that download manager. Either it used files that aren't readily recognizable, or it put them somewhere I can't find.

romangirl ( ) posted Sun, 26 July 2020 at 10:14 AM

Thank you all!

TwiztidKidd ( ) posted Sun, 26 July 2020 at 12:22 PM

Hi Sue, if you're in Windows you can try to restore to a previous version of your Poser folder. Right-click on the folder and select Previous Versions from the context menu. Don't restore to yesterday but don't go too far back either.

Capture.PNG

Richard60 ( ) posted Sun, 26 July 2020 at 1:26 PM

As far as I can remember Poser 9/Pro2012 were the first to use the one download and your serial number determined if it was Pro or Standard. Prior to 9/2012 Poser Standard came out first followed by the Pro Version. So you had Poser 8 followed by Poser Pro 2010 which was an extended version of 8.

So if you use Poser Pro 2012 SR3.1 that should get your Poser 9 updated.

Poser 5, 6, 7, 8, Poser Pro 9 (2012), 10 (2014), 11, 12, 13

DCArt ( ) posted Sun, 26 July 2020 at 2:53 PM · edited Sun, 26 July 2020 at 2:57 PM

Keep in mind that Adobe announced in 2017 that they are ending support for Flash at the end of this year:

Adobe Flash end of support on December 31, 2020

Adobe Flash Player EOL General Information Page

TwiztidKidd ( ) posted Sun, 26 July 2020 at 3:11 PM

Poser only needs Adobe AIR to display the library content

DCArt ( ) posted Sun, 26 July 2020 at 4:30 PM

It looks like Air is undergoing changes as well:

https://theblog.adobe.com/the-future-of-adobe-air/

romangirl ( ) posted Sun, 26 July 2020 at 4:42 PM

TwiztidKidd posted at 5:42PM Sun, 26 July 2020 - #4395303

Hi Sue, if you're in Windows you can try to restore to a previous version of your Poser folder. Right-click on the folder and select Previous Versions from the context menu. Don't restore to yesterday but don't go too far back either.

But no previous versions in my Poser 9 folder.

Capture.PNG

TwiztidKidd ( ) posted Sun, 26 July 2020 at 6:09 PM · edited Sun, 26 July 2020 at 6:15 PM

romangirl posted at 5:54PM Sun, 26 July 2020 - #4395315

But no previous versions in my Poser 9 folder.

Ouch... Is System Restore or File Protection turned off for your drive... the one that has Poser on it?

If you recently moved or renamed your Poser 9 folder it's not going to work.

Reinstall Adobe AIR & Flash (the IE version... Not Chrome/FF) and make sure Internet Explorer starts if you try it, apparently it needs that too.

DCArt ( ) posted Sun, 26 July 2020 at 6:19 PM

Richard60 posted at 7:18PM Sun, 26 July 2020 - #4395307

As far as I can remember Poser 9/Pro2012 were the first to use the one download and your serial number determined if it was Pro or Standard. Prior to 9/2012 Poser Standard came out first followed by the Pro Version. So you had Poser 8 followed by Poser Pro 2010 which was an extended version of 8.

So if you use Poser Pro 2012 SR3.1 that should get your Poser 9 updated.

I just checked the Poser 9 user manual and I think the unified installer came after that. I think back in that era, Poser 9 and Poser Pro 2012 each had their own installers, but I might be wrong.

romangirl ( ) posted Mon, 27 July 2020 at 3:53 PM

Thank you!

romangirl ( ) posted Tue, 28 July 2020 at 11:40 AM

The Library tab came back to the Pose Room, but I can't stabilize the different palettes (windows ?). If I try to move the Pose Room window, the scene gets huge and I have to go to Windows, click on Float palette, and reset the window size. One palette blocks another, and when I try to move a palette, everything goes haywire. the Pose Room Goes Crazy. Here it is right now!

jpg](https://live.cdn.renderosity.com/forum/comments/4395427/file_0f28b5d49b3020afeecd95b4009adf4c.jpg)

romangirl ( ) posted Tue, 28 July 2020 at 11:48 AM

Pose Room Goes Crazy.jpg

hborre ( ) posted Tue, 28 July 2020 at 11:57 AM

Floating panels work best if you 2 monitors to move them between.

romangirl ( ) posted Tue, 28 July 2020 at 12:07 PM

Don't know what you mean, but I can't move my Pose Room without everything floating.

Pose Room Goes Crazy.jpg

hborre ( ) posted Tue, 28 July 2020 at 12:53 PM

Go to the contextual menu for each panel and click off drag-docking enable. This will anchor each panel in place. Then if you want just the preview panel to be moveable, set it to float. Now you'll be able to move that panel without everything else floating around.

hborre ( ) posted Tue, 28 July 2020 at 12:57 PM · edited Tue, 28 July 2020 at 12:58 PM

You can collapse and restore your Library by clicking on the Poser icon at the upper-right side of the app. That way it will be safely minimized to your taskbar until needed again. You can design each room to display or hide the Library independently.

romangirl ( ) posted Thu, 30 July 2020 at 10:19 AM

hborre posted at 11:19AM Thu, 30 July 2020 - #4395431

Floating panels work best if you 2 monitors to move them between. Thanks!

romangirl ( ) posted Thu, 30 July 2020 at 10:21 AM

hborre posted at 11:20AM Thu, 30 July 2020 - #4395433

Go to the contextual menu for each panel and click off drag-docking enable. This will anchor each panel in place. Then if you want just the preview panel to be moveable, set it to float. Now you'll be able to move that panel without everything else floating around.

Yes! That worked! Thanks so much!

romangirl ( ) posted Mon, 22 February 2021 at 1:50 PM

romangirl posted at 1:50PM Mon, 22 February 2021 - #4395554

hborre posted at 11:20AM Thu, 30 July 2020 - #4395433

Yes! That worked! Thanks so much!

And is it just me, or is it very frustrating to search in Poser 11?

hborre ( ) posted Mon, 22 February 2021 at 3:32 PM

I rarely use the search feature in the library for any of the versions I run. Although y-phil suggested using the freeware called Everything to do specific searches on your drives, it works better and you can narrow the searches to particular topics. I might give it a go and see if it is possible to do drag and drop into the scenes.

RedPhantom ( ) posted Tue, 23 February 2021 at 7:59 AM · edited Tue, 23 February 2021 at 8:03 AM
Site Admin

Try looking for the ContentLibrary.html. Load Poser. Search for the file. Mine was in Program Files\Smith MicroPoser 11\Runtime\serverRoot\nonVirtualAssets\ContentLibrary\release-1.9.1\ContentLibrary (or where ever you installed poser) open that in your internet browser. You will get a poser library with a working search function. You can bookmark the link, but it will only work if Poser is open.

You might look to see if your Poser 9 has the same file and see what happens when you open that. It probably won't help, but it won't take much time to try.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

romangirl ( ) posted Tue, 23 February 2021 at 10:31 AM

Thanks!

seachnasaigh ( ) posted Thu, 04 March 2021 at 6:11 PM

I have P9SR1 Pro2012SR1 P9 SR3.1 Pro2012SR3.1 and P9SR3.2 (Windows Internet Explorer 11 fix) updaters, if @structure or one of the mods needs to add that to the available downloads.

Poser 12, in feet.  

OSes:  Win7Prox64, Win7Ultx64

Silo Pro 2.5.6 64bit, Vue Infinite 2014.7, Genetica 4.0 Studio, UV Mapper Pro, UV Layout Pro, PhotoImpact X3, GIF Animator 5

romangirl ( ) posted Fri, 05 March 2021 at 11:51 AM

seachnasaigh posted at 11:50AM Fri, 05 March 2021 - #4414283

I have P9SR1 Pro2012SR1 P9 SR3.1 Pro2012SR3.1 and P9SR3.2 (Windows Internet Explorer 11 fix) updaters, if @structure or one of the mods needs to add that to the available downloads. Thanks for your help!

romangirl ( ) posted Sun, 06 November 2022 at 11:59 AM

Just now, I opened Poser 11, only to find all of my hundreds of characters, props, and scenes  gone.  Has Firefox done it again?  I had just downloaded the latest version of Firefox.  Please help!  I am very non-technical!

Rhia474 ( ) posted Sun, 06 November 2022 at 12:36 PM
You need to re-add your runtimes if you never used P11 before. Or if you moved them into a different drive.

romangirl ( ) posted Sun, 06 November 2022 at 1:21 PM

I have been using P11 for a long time.  Never moved them into a different drive.  When I was using P9 years ago, a Firefox update removed my figures, props, scenes, so I got P11.  I believe the latest Firefox update did the same thing, wiped out my stuff.

DCArt ( ) posted Sun, 06 November 2022 at 1:38 PM
Have you added your previous runtimes to Poser 11 as external libraries?

romangirl ( ) posted Sun, 06 November 2022 at 2:16 PM

Good question.  Wherever I install files , I always place them In the old Poser  7 folder.   But I noticed earlier today,  Poser 7  does not appear when I do a search. I use P11 but use P7 as my runtime.  I guess I’ll have to create a new  Poser 7 folder.  I do know that when I open P7,  I find the files. But P7 had a very poor search engine. Thanks.

hborre ( ) posted Sun, 06 November 2022 at 2:32 PM

IIRC, P7 still adhered to the old Program files folder install which is now taboo due to the current Windows version(s).  Trying to access readable/writable content in that location will be blocked or interfered with by UAC.  If this is the case, you are better off relocating the P7 runtime to a different area away from the Program Files folder.  It sounds like Firefox not deleting your content but rendering them inaccessible.  Conduct a disc search for something you know the name of and see if you get a hit.

DCArt ( ) posted Sun, 06 November 2022 at 2:37 PM · edited Sun, 06 November 2022 at 2:38 PM

romangirl posted at 2:16 PM Sun, 6 November 2022 - #4448552

Good question.  Wherever I install files , I always place them In the old Poser  7 folder.   But I noticed earlier today,  Poser 7  does not appear when I do a search. I use P11 but use P7 as my runtime.  I guess I’ll have to create a new  Poser 7 folder.  I do know that when I open P7,  I find the files. But P7 had a very poor search engine. Thanks.

If you still have all of your Poser 7 files on your hard drive, ALL you have to do is this ...

Go to the Poser 11 library. 

In the top of the window, below the different library category items, you will see two buttons. One with a plus sign, and one with a minus sign. 

Click the one with the Plus sign to ADD an external runtime.

A window will open up, and you can then locate your Poser 7 runtime library folder.  NOTE:  DO NOT click the "Runtime" folder. Click the folder above that (which, will be your "Poser 7 Library" folder or whatever you named it.

I currently have 14 external runtime folders added to Poser 12. I separate them by character, or maybe even by props or hair. It's a lot easier to find things when you don't have to wade through a huge runtime folder.

romangirl ( ) posted Mon, 07 November 2022 at 1:35 PM
DCArt posted at 2:37 PM Sun, 6 November 2022 - #4448555

If you still have all of your Poser 7 files on your hard drive, ALL you have to do is this ...

In the top of the window, below the different library category items, you will see two buttons. One with a plus sign, and one with a minus sign. 

A window will open up, and you can then locate your Poser 7 runtime library folder.  NOTE:  DO NOT click the "Runtime" folder. Click the folder above that (which, will be your "Poser 7 Library" folder or whatever you named it.

I currently have 14 external runtime folders added to Poser 12. I separate them by character, or maybe even by props or hair. It's a lot easier to find things when you don't have to wade through a huge runtime folder.

romangirl ( ) posted Mon, 07 November 2022 at 1:51 PM
romangirl posted at 1:35 PM Mon, 7 November 2022 - #4448624
DCArt posted at 2:37 PM Sun, 6 November 2022 - #4448555

DCArt ( ) posted Mon, 07 November 2022 at 2:22 PM

If you are trying to follow up on this post I'm not seeing a reply. Only a quote of my earlier post.

romangirl ( ) posted Tue, 08 November 2022 at 10:04 AM

Thanks for sticking with me .  In the Poser 11 search box, I notice there is no "library in the top left corner." I click on "add library," which opens "browse for folder."  Then I click  on Poser 7 files (not runtime below). When I add  it (it has loads of files), I keep getting that the library is empty .

romangirl ( ) posted Tue, 08 November 2022 at 10:11 AM

I can open LaFemme so I must be screwed up somewhere.

romangirl ( ) posted Tue, 08 November 2022 at 10:48 AM

Thankfully, I can open the P7 files  in Poser 7.  But the "search engine" is pretty pitiful.

romangirl ( ) posted Wed, 09 November 2022 at 2:49 PM

DCArt.....I've not been able to get online, so please forgive me.   Don't know if you can see my past comment.  I don't see a "reply" any where, but am "adding comment."  Hope you can see it.

Y-Phil ( ) posted Sat, 12 November 2022 at 2:21 PM
romangirl posted at 10:48 AM Tue, 8 November 2022 - #4448715

Thankfully, I can open the P7 files  in Poser 7.  But the "search engine" is pretty pitiful.

Just in case: if you need the best search engine for windows, it's Everything.

PhYl.

Win10 on i7 8700K@4.3Ghz, 64Gb, Asus TUF Gaming RTX 4070 OC Edition, 2x 2Tb ssd + 6+4Tb hd  + 1x 8Tb hd + 1 10T NAS, Poser 11, Poser 12  and now Poser 13 

TwiztidKidd ( ) posted Sun, 13 November 2022 at 4:08 PM · edited Sun, 13 November 2022 at 4:16 PM

Get WizTree, it's free: https://diskanalyzer.com/download

I got the portable version so I don't have to install anything, and see where your Poser Runtimes are. They should be a few hefty Gb.

You might have accidentally drag-n-drop the Runtime folders somewhere else... in a nearby folder? Look in the Recycle Bin... under it LOL!... they gotta be somewhere.

romangirl ( ) posted Mon, 14 November 2022 at 10:10 AM

I don’t know what I did, but my beloved characters are back.  Thanks all!

romangirl ( ) posted Thu, 22 December 2022 at 2:39 PM

Now although my character appears in the Material room of Poser 11, it is invisible in the Pose room.  Help again!

DCArt ( ) posted Thu, 22 December 2022 at 3:07 PM · edited Thu, 22 December 2022 at 3:09 PM

It's really difficult to diagnose a problem without screen shots. There's no way we can tell what is going on without additional information.

And no offense, but this problem doesn't make sense. If you see it in the material room, you should also see it in the Pose room.

hborre ( ) posted Thu, 22 December 2022 at 4:23 PM

I can only ascertain that you can still see the Material zones and shaders in the Material Room but that the figure may not be visible in the Pose Room.  As DCArt commented, there isn't enough information conveyed to diagnose the problem.  Screencaps will be very helpful, especially the Propertied/Parameter panel and completely opened material shader nodes.

romangirl ( ) posted Fri, 23 December 2022 at 10:35 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

Here are the Material  Room and Pose Room.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.