Thu, Apr 18, 7:08 PM CDT

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Apr 18 11:05 am)

Subject: BB's Site Poof

primorge ( ) posted Sun, 02 January 2022 at 2:14 PM · edited Thu, 18 April 2024 at 2:18 PM

Went to go look at one of Bagginsbill's old freebies and guess what?

Miss B ( ) posted Sun, 02 January 2022 at 2:23 PM

YIKES!!  I just went and checked, and yes IT'S GONE!!!

OK . . . Where's my chocolate?

Butterfly Dezignz

Sunfire ( ) posted Sun, 02 January 2022 at 3:21 PM

I wanted to find his hair shaders and couldn't find it.

Sunfire's Creations

hborre ( ) posted Sun, 02 January 2022 at 3:47 PM

It's all gone!!  Does Ted still have an account here?

randym77 ( ) posted Sun, 02 January 2022 at 4:30 PM
hborre posted at 3:47 PM Sun, 2 January 2022 - #4432770

It's all gone!!  Does Ted still have an account here?

He does. His store is still in RMP. He was posting comments here in November.

Cage ( ) posted Mon, 03 January 2022 at 12:38 PM

The site, at least, is backed up by the Wayback Machine.  Hope he's all right.

https://web.archive.org/web/20201020033517/http://sites.google.com/site/bagginsbill/Home

===========================sigline======================================================

Cage can be an opinionated jerk who posts without thinking.  He apologizes for this.  He's honestly not trying to be a turkeyhead.

Cage had some freebies, compatible with Poser 11 and below.  His Python scripts were saved at archive.org, along with the rest of the Morphography site, where they were hosted.

Miss B ( ) posted Mon, 03 January 2022 at 1:20 PM

Thanks for the link Cage.  Not sure why I didn't think of the Web Archive myself, as I've often done so when I can't find something anymore.

Butterfly Dezignz

odf ( ) posted Mon, 03 January 2022 at 5:03 PM
Online Now!

I seem to recall BB using Google Sites. There was a thing about them switching to a different system and site owners needing to "port" their pages to it. Judging from my personal experience porting seems to translate to more or less redoing from scratch because the automatic conversion Google does is not very useful. Could be related to that somehow.

Has someone tried to summon him? I hear gamma correcting an image five times in front of a mirror does the trick? 😄

-- I'm not mad at you, just Westphalian.

Miss B ( ) posted Mon, 03 January 2022 at 6:19 PM

Yes, he uses Google Sites, so that may very well be the issue, and he may very well not even be aware of what's happened.

Butterfly Dezignz

HartyBart ( ) posted Mon, 03 January 2022 at 10:09 PM

The Wayback Machine tells you what was there, but doesn't appear to give the ZIP files.

The LoadFishes.py script is safe as a freebie on ShareCG.

Learn the Secrets of Poser 11 and Line-art Filters.

infinity10 ( ) posted Mon, 03 January 2022 at 11:22 PM

Just ask BB directly.

Eternal Hobbyist

R_Hatch ( ) posted Wed, 05 January 2022 at 1:05 AM

I know how to get his attention.

Ahem...

Gamma correction is totally unnecessary under any and all circumstances!

Y-Phil ( ) posted Wed, 05 January 2022 at 1:39 AM
R_Hatch posted at 1:05 AM Wed, 5 January 2022 - #4432872

Ahem...

😂

PhYl.

Win10 on i7 8700K@4.3Ghz, 64Gb, Asus TUF Gaming RTX 4070 OC Edition, 2x 2Tb ssd + 6+4Tb hd  + 1x 8Tb hd + 1 10T NAS, Poser 11, Poser 12  and now Poser 13 

odf ( ) posted Wed, 05 January 2022 at 1:58 AM
Online Now!

Ahem...

That's not nice. You're gonna give him a heart attack. 😂

primorge ( ) posted Wed, 05 January 2022 at 5:47 AM · edited Wed, 05 January 2022 at 5:47 AM

HartyBart posted at 10:09 PM Mon, 3 January 2022 - #4432827

The Wayback Machine tells you what was there, but doesn't appear to give the ZIP files.

The LoadFishes.py script is safe as a freebie on ShareCG.

Nonsense. This is the second time this week you've made statements that are false. First stating that utilizing high resolution shadow maps with OpenGL preview will cause Poser to crash when switching to Firefly renderer and now this...

I just downloaded 2 items from Cage's Wayback link, from my tablet no less, and the downloads are intact. Please check your facts, do not assume you are correct just because something doesn't work for you.

jmANfC26xNGjXz7CFxkROGiuQd3ckOvBcvRJyqo2.jpg

odf ( ) posted Wed, 05 January 2022 at 7:11 AM
Online Now!
primorge posted at 5:47 AM Wed, 5 January 2022 - #4432879

I just downloaded 2 items from Cage's Wayback link, from my tablet no less, and the downloads are intact. Please check your facts, do not assume you are correct just because something doesn't work for you.

The downloads did not work for me either, so if you could explain what you did, that would be neat.

randym77 ( ) posted Wed, 05 January 2022 at 7:17 AM · edited Wed, 05 January 2022 at 7:18 AM

It works for me, it just takes awhile. If I click on the download link, I'm sent to a HTTP 302 page. If I wait, I'm redirected to the zip file and it downloads.

If you have redirects blocked, it won't work.

Using Chrome on a desktop.

primorge ( ) posted Wed, 05 January 2022 at 7:56 AM
odf posted at 7:11 AM Wed, 5 January 2022 - #4432880
primorge posted at 5:47 AM Wed, 5 January 2022 - #4432879

The downloads did not work for me either, so if you could explain what you did, that would be neat.

Chrome. Nifty :D

HartyBart ( ) posted Wed, 05 January 2022 at 10:41 AM

1) "First stating that utilizing high resolution shadow maps with OpenGL preview will cause Poser to crash when switching to Firefly renderer"

This statement was not false. A crash is a crash. 4096 Preview shadows maps - on a scene that is also then rendered with Firefly - always crash Poser for me. Brian Haberlin is also on record in a webinar saying exactly the same thing some years back ("every damn time" or words to that effect). Sure there may be workarounds with a better PC, and maybe it's even a bug that's since been fixed since then in Poser.

2) "I just downloaded 2 items from Cage's Wayback link, from my tablet no less, and the downloads are intact. Please check your facts, do not assume you are correct just because something doesn't work for you."

This statement was not false. A non-download is a non-download. Sure there may be workarounds, but I'm using a Chrome-based browser which you suggest above - and they don't download for me. But, it's great to know they're available that way for some.  Which is the point of this thread I think.

Learn the Secrets of Poser 11 and Line-art Filters.

Y-Phil ( ) posted Wed, 05 January 2022 at 1:49 PM

Using Brave, a Chrome-based browser: download works, I just needed to wait for the redirection to take place. Zip file tested: valid.

PhYl.

Win10 on i7 8700K@4.3Ghz, 64Gb, Asus TUF Gaming RTX 4070 OC Edition, 2x 2Tb ssd + 6+4Tb hd  + 1x 8Tb hd + 1 10T NAS, Poser 11, Poser 12  and now Poser 13 

Y-Phil ( ) posted Wed, 05 January 2022 at 2:03 PM

Oh I just forgot: in case someone still wants BB's Hair shader, I still have a V1.0 from 2017. I can share it on my kdrive.

PhYl.

Miss B ( ) posted Wed, 05 January 2022 at 2:13 PM

randym77 posted at 7:17 AM Wed, 5 January 2022 - #4432882

It works for me, it just takes awhile. If I click on the download link, I'm sent to a HTTP 302 page. If I wait, I'm redirected to the zip file and it downloads.

This is just what I experienced.  It took about 30 seconds to do the redirection, and then I saved, did antiviral and malware checks, and then opened each of the 5 items I downloaded, and all were intact.

I don't, however, "knowingly" using anything Google, so Chrome is out of the question for me.

I just used my latest version of Firefox, and am glad it worked fine.  😀

Butterfly Dezignz

Miss B ( ) posted Wed, 05 January 2022 at 2:15 PM
Y-Phil posted at 2:03 PM Wed, 5 January 2022 - #4432893

Oh I just forgot: in case someone still wants BB's Hair shader, I still have a V1.0 from 2017. I can share it on my kdrive.

That's one of the five items I just downloaded from the Web Archive, so am glad my Firefox browser worked fine.

Butterfly Dezignz

Y-Phil ( ) posted Wed, 05 January 2022 at 2:27 PM
Miss B posted at 2:13 PM Wed, 5 January 2022 - #4432895

randym77 posted at 7:17 AM Wed, 5 January 2022 - #4432882

This is just what I experienced.  It took about 30 seconds to do the redirection, and then I saved, did antiviral and malware checks, and then opened each of the 5 items I downloaded, and all were intact.

I don't, however, "knowingly" using anything Google, so Chrome is out of the question for me.

I just used my latest version of Firefox, and am glad it worked fine.  😀

Brave is a Chrome-based browser, but without all the nasty google spybloatware

PhYl.

odf ( ) posted Wed, 05 January 2022 at 5:08 PM · edited Wed, 05 January 2022 at 5:08 PM
Online Now!

Sadly, the method proposed by Cage, while working for BBs old downloads, does not seem to work for Cage's old downloads.

Sunfire ( ) posted Wed, 05 January 2022 at 6:51 PM

Miss B posted at 2:15 PM Wed, 5 January 2022 - #4432896

That's one of the five items I just downloaded from the Web Archive, so am glad my Firefox browser worked fine.

I couldn't find the hair shader on the archive, and I would love to have it.

Sunfire's Creations

Miss B ( ) posted Wed, 05 January 2022 at 8:00 PM
Sunfire posted at 6:51 PM Wed, 5 January 2022 - #4432904

Miss B posted at 2:15 PM Wed, 5 January 2022 - #4432896

I couldn't find the hair shader on the archive, and I would love to have it.

You have to click on the File Cabinet link in the Navigation column on the left.  That's where he has/had all his zip files.  It's about the 5th from the top of that page.

Butterfly Dezignz

Sunfire ( ) posted Wed, 05 January 2022 at 11:09 PM

Thank you Miss B.

Sunfire's Creations

Miss B ( ) posted Thu, 06 January 2022 at 11:20 AM

You're quite welcome.  🙂

Butterfly Dezignz

bagginsbill ( ) posted Sat, 08 January 2022 at 7:33 AM

Hi people. Yes Google sites forced a conversion and mine didn't work and I just completely forgot about it. Now it's gone.

I can probably recover the most important things over time. Also I bet tons of items are still in the hands of various active rendo users.

Shall we rebuild, possibly better, like when your house burns down? LOL

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)

bagginsbill ( ) posted Sat, 08 January 2022 at 7:35 AM
Cage posted at 12:38 PM Mon, 3 January 2022 - #4432801

Hope he's all right.

I sure am, thanks for your concern!

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)

hborre ( ) posted Sat, 08 January 2022 at 7:37 AM

Build it better, bigger, stronger!!

bagginsbill ( ) posted Sat, 08 January 2022 at 7:38 AM

Ahem...

LOL. 

Miss B ( ) posted Sat, 08 January 2022 at 11:32 AM
bagginsbill posted at 7:33 AM Sat, 8 January 2022 - #4432982

Hi people. Yes Google sites forced a conversion and mine didn't work and I just completely forgot about it. Now it's gone.

I can probably recover the most important things over time. Also I bet tons of items are still in the hands of various active rendo users.

I could see pretty much all of your goodies on the Wayback Machine's Web Archive, so that may be the best bet for you to recover all, or at least most, of your goodies.  You just may have to try more than one browser to access the zips, as folks stated above they were having issues depending on the browser they were using.

Butterfly Dezignz

RAMWorks ( ) posted Mon, 10 January 2022 at 10:39 AM
odf posted at 5:03 PM Mon, 3 January 2022 - #4432812

I seem to recall BB using Google Sites. There was a thing about them switching to a different system and site owners needing to "port" their pages to it. Judging from my personal experience porting seems to translate to more or less redoing from scratch because the automatic conversion Google does is not very useful. Could be related to that somehow.

Has someone tried to summon him? I hear gamma correcting an image five times in front of a mirror does the trick? 😄

I wonder if Google sites are similar to WIX?  I was with WIX for years until they got money hungry and with my limited budget these days I had to find another place to be but had to redo the site from scratch but I'm really happy with how it turned out so not  a waste of time.  Like it even better actually.  WIX has proprietary software to create your website with but little did I know that I would run into this issue when it came time to find a new home for RAMWolff's World.  

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

ghostship2 ( ) posted Mon, 17 January 2022 at 7:08 PM

Good to see BB is OK and just his web page is gone! Yeah, enough people have downloaded stuff from there (me included)  it can be reconstructed.

W10, Ryzen 5 1600x, 16Gb,RTX2060Super+GTX980, PP11, 11.3.740

GeneralNutt ( ) posted Wed, 26 January 2022 at 4:14 PM

bagginsbill posted at 7:33 AM Sat, 8 January 2022 - #4432982

VSS for poser 12 incoming? I miss that script the most.

hborre ( ) posted Wed, 26 January 2022 at 4:33 PM
I don't think that will happen, BB doesn't even own P12....yet.

primorge ( ) posted Wed, 26 January 2022 at 6:24 PM

This all does beg the question whether BB is somewhat chagrined about everyone referring to him as BB lol. 

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.