Fri, Mar 29, 10:33 AM CDT

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Mar 28 8:52 am)

Subject: How to Convert V4 and Other Gowns and Dresses for La Femme

RobZhena ( ) posted Sat, 25 September 2021 at 4:49 PM

DAZ is selling G3F clothes, shoes, hair, etc for 85 percent off today. Raid and pillage, me hearties!

randym77 ( ) posted Sat, 25 September 2021 at 7:35 PM

Ooh, that hair I was eying is only $3.

primorge ( ) posted Sun, 26 September 2021 at 7:46 AM

Picked up that Halcyon Days dress, per your suggestion, that was a reasonable match (I think I can alter it in a modeler for a closer match) to the dress I was seeking in 'Seeking a similar dynamic for LF' thread. Got it very cheap, more than half off. When I'll have time to convert and fit it to LF is another thing entirely... very busy painting makeups. Thanks again for the suggestion and the tip on the sale.

dlfurman ( ) posted Sun, 26 September 2021 at 11:17 AM

Simply put.

You rock!

Thank you.

"Few are agreeable in conversation, because each thinks more of what he intends to say than that of what others are saying, and listens no more when he himself has a chance to speak." - Francois de la Rochefoucauld

Intel Core i7 920, 24GB RAM, GeForce GTX 1050 4GB video, 6TB HDD space
Poser 12: Inches (Poser(PC) user since 1 and the floppies/manual to prove it!)

RobZhena ( ) posted Sun, 26 September 2021 at 5:33 PM
primorge posted at 7:46 AM Sun, 26 September 2021 - #4428113

Picked up that Halcyon Days dress, per your suggestion, that was a reasonable match (I think I can alter it in a modeler for a closer match) to the dress I was seeking in 'Seeking a similar dynamic for LF' thread. Got it very cheap, more than half off. When I'll have time to convert and fit it to LF is another thing entirely... very busy painting makeups. Thanks again for the suggestion and the tip on the sale.

Excellent!

NikKelly ( ) posted Mon, 04 October 2021 at 6:23 AM

Thank you all. Many, many thanks.

Buffer too small to contain joy...

RobZhena ( ) posted Sun, 31 October 2021 at 4:07 PM · edited Wed, 17 November 2021 at 10:22 AM

I had high hopes that the   Onryo conversion of the V4 garment for La Femme would include skirt handles for the Kimono like its predecessor. but no, it uses movement morphs. Nonetheless, it can make a unique contribution to converting Genesis 3 and 8 products for La Femme. I was adapting X-Fighter for G8F to La Femme and could not get auto group  in the fitting room to capture the entire shoulder panels, which in dforce pose dynamically, but of course, I wanted them rigged. I rescaled Onryo on the X-axis, shrinking the collars slightly and reducing the shoulders and forearms to 34 percent. The big sleeves perfectly captured the shoulder panels using auto group. I will be trying it on some drapey sleeve items to see whether the sleeve movement morphs work when copied.

1sz5qX0ysnscKArxO2PcuuWqYodiTvol0G4gQkAh.jpg

CassandraNorth ( ) posted Mon, 01 November 2021 at 12:38 PM

Well, I for one couldn't care less about handles. I have never used them and never will. 
And no, Onryo does NOT use movement morphs. It is rigged to follow the pose automatically. Which actually makes life easier for the majority of users. 

CassandraNorth ( ) posted Mon, 01 November 2021 at 2:05 PM · edited Wed, 17 November 2021 at 10:22 AM

All I did here was loading the outfit and posing LF. Follows her to perfection.

AQkxorHSCHDlnw7QQgm9OlvqJX5Rx0ylM3pDBOmA.JPG

RobZhena ( ) posted Mon, 01 November 2021 at 7:58 PM

Yes, it does use movement morphs for the skirt and the sleeves. Skirt handles are better for draping dresses.

CassandraNorth ( ) posted Tue, 02 November 2021 at 2:33 AM

I am not going to argue with you about this. But I happen to know who converted the outfit and thus I also know that there are NO movement morphs in that outfit. It is rigged to follow the character's pose. But of course, you are free to believe what you want.

FVerbaas ( ) posted Wed, 03 November 2021 at 3:16 PM
Forum Coordinator

Except that the skirt on her right side is magically shortened forward and lengthened aft, and on her left side the strain is changed in the opposite direction. I say this is magic because the hems are free and there is no mechanism to be seen that would pull the fabric, let alone compress it (without buckling!) to become shorter. 

Handles at least allow to bend the skirt without the excessive strain caused by thigh bending. 

primorge ( ) posted Thu, 04 November 2021 at 8:05 AM

FVerbaas posted at 3:16 PM Wed, 3 November 2021 - #4429866

Except that the skirt on her right side is magically shortened forward and lengthened aft, and on her left side the strain is changed in the opposite direction. I say this is magic because the hems are free and there is no mechanism to be seen that would pull the fabric, let alone compress it (without buckling!) to become shorter. 

Handles at least allow to bend the skirt without the excessive strain caused by thigh bending. 

Hopefully not magic of the direst, blackest sort :)

https://youtu.be/t_9ian_kFuA

CassandraNorth ( ) posted Thu, 04 November 2021 at 2:17 PM

With PROPER weight map rigging, like Onryo, they are serving ALL of the customers' preferences - some just want to load, pose, and render; others want the ghost bones, AND the skirts should be simmed in the cloth room group.  EVERYONE should be happy this way.

RobZhena ( ) posted Thu, 04 November 2021 at 4:44 PM

If one bothers to read this thread, it is specifically aimed at showing how to convert clothing to La Femme while retaining skirt handles and morphs from the original V4 garments for people who appreciate such things, and ways to create a de facto  LF-native morphing fantasy dress to use as a donor in the setup or fitting room. There is even a discussion about "proper weight mapping" of skirts and long dresses to the thighs and shins as an alternative, the general response to which was they behave like pants, not skirts. I only raised Onryo because it used to have skirt handles, and because it nevertheless has some use for converting Genesis 8 and other clothing. I will continue to post items germane to the topic of this thread.

RobZhena ( ) posted Fri, 05 November 2021 at 6:40 PM · edited Wed, 17 November 2021 at 10:22 AM

Now this was a surprise. I was wondering if I could find a donor for long drapey sleeves, and I conformed Furisode for Genesis 2 Female to La Femme. Now, this is a DS-only product that I exported from DS as a cr2 and converted it to Poser native using Netherworks Creator's Toybox (there are threads somewhere about how to do this). So it is not a DSON-running product. Anyway, shifting the hip forward and up and doing some minor arm posing, as we did with native V4 dresses, and bingo, it worked great! Do NOT copy joint zones from LF. When I pose LF, the garment follows nicely, and you can bend and twist the abdomen with no poke through. I did test a DSON Cheongsam and got similar results. 

CgRe6jqH4jUzzNSUidgX0etmDb2TGoiF9U6coKQW.jpg

RobZhena ( ) posted Fri, 05 November 2021 at 6:52 PM

By the way, shame on RPublishing that they haven't produced a gown-length garment with skirt handles (left, right, front, back) for their "flagship" lady. How hard can this be? It would open the door for sales with an eye to convert for all manner of long gowns in the marketplace for Genesis 8 female. I convert Rhiannon's and other vendors' dresses all the time. The Poser Pulse is erratic.

Afrodite-Ohki ( ) posted Sun, 07 November 2021 at 2:22 PM

I don't understand the idea of shaming a brand for not making something the exact way you want it to - specially if that translates to "solutions to decades-old issues that have far better workarounds now" - but go off, I guess.

- - - - - - 

Feel free to call me Ohki!

Poser Pro 11, Poser 12 and Poser 13, Windows 10, Superfly junkie. My units are milimeters.

Persephone (the computer): AMD Ryzen 9 5900x, RTX 3070 GPU, 96gb ram.

RobZhena ( ) posted Sun, 07 November 2021 at 4:39 PM

Well, Ohki, I respect your opinion on pretty much anything. But this is appalling. How many rigged long dresses exist for La Femme in the marketplace, forgetting the specifics of the rigging? Since Glitterati3D walked, the answer is zero. Every generation of DAZ figure has had a version of the morphing fantasy dress, now the universal dress, which of course is dForce. DAZ has made all users suck it up and use dynamics. Is that what is happening to La Femme? Is that the better workaround now?  Here its approved DAZ store product language for a product called dForce2Morph: "dForce is awesome! But let's face it, it can be slow. Sometimes, you just want to quickly use a dForce item in your scene without the hassle of setting up and executing a simulation. And dForce items often include few, if any, morphs. dForce2Morph to the rescue! Create morphs from your dForce simulations for dForce clothing, hair, and other items! Set up and run your simulation, and then execute dForce2Morph. Quickly and easily save that simulation as a morph for use later in any scene. Drape clothing, blow hair, drop cloth, etc. Take your dForce item and create a morph." Gee, that sounds great!

By, the way, the flood of even dynamic long dresses for La Femme seems to have dried up.

But, hey, RPublishing can leave La Femme unable to go to the formal ball to meet Prince Charming unless she consents to use dynamics, and that will be her sad fate. At least it leaves this thread relevant!

randym77 ( ) posted Sun, 07 November 2021 at 4:43 PM

FWIW...Glitterati has made her long dress free at ShareCG. 

RobZhena ( ) posted Sun, 07 November 2021 at 6:35 PM

Yes, that was generous of her. When I convert, say, a Genesis 8 gown with skirt sections that play nicely with handles, once I've done the work to fit it to La Femme with the morph brush, I rig a version with the MFD we created here and with the Multi Purpose Gown plussed up with all the V4 MFD morphs for situations where native rigging above the hip matters and skirt movement doesn't. It only takes another couple minutes in the fitting room and saving it.

randym77 ( ) posted Sun, 07 November 2021 at 7:59 PM

IMO, a figure should be released with some "official" clothing basics, preferably as part of a bundle. I would guess most users are not able and willing to convert clothing. Relying on third party vendors just doesn't work.  Having an official version (of a long dress, a catsuit, etc.) makes sure it remains available, and also encourages users to buy it and vendors to support it. 

I'm hoping Hivewire does something like that with Dawn 2.

Afrodite-Ohki ( ) posted Mon, 08 November 2021 at 5:49 AM

I understand your points, I really do, but RPublishing basically buys products that vendors are already making. I hardly ever hear of them commissioning a specific product they feel is lacking.

By the way, you do realize that just taking the rigging of something else is unethical at best, right? Unless the product specifically says you can do so, like my Bodysuit which is a merchant resource. So this method you're teaching here is great for people's personal uses, but not for something to be sold, unless they find a merchant resource dress that allows this.

- - - - - - 

Poser Pro 11, Poser 12 and Poser 13, Windows 10, Superfly junkie. My units are milimeters.

randym77 ( ) posted Mon, 08 November 2021 at 6:12 AM
Afrodite-Ohki posted at 5:49 AM Mon, 8 November 2021 - #4430063

I understand your points, I really do, but RPublishing basically buys products that vendors are already making. I hardly ever hear of them commissioning a specific product they feel is lacking.

I do understand that. I think even DAZ buys a lot of "DAZ originals."

But they COULD commission items, like they commissioned La Femme. And they (and Hivewire) could buy products and include them in bundles, that would give them the "official" imprimatur. Hivewire is apparently coordinating with vendors to make sure Dawn 2 has a bunch of stuff to support her, so they know what people are making.

I love Glitterati's dress, but as a freebie, it's not likely to get much support from vendors. And its existence probably discourages vendors from making similar dresses; it's hard to compete with free. I love your bodysuit, too, but there's like, three other bodysuits out there, and I think that makes it difficult to get the kind of support V4's bodysuit has.  (DAZ's V4 bodysuit is not the best available, but it has the lion's share of support.)

Afrodite-Ohki ( ) posted Mon, 08 November 2021 at 6:13 AM
randym77 posted at 6:12 AM Mon, 8 November 2021 - #4430065

I love your bodysuit, too, but there's like, three other bodysuits out there, and I think that makes it difficult to get the kind of support V4's bodysuit has.  (DAZ's V4 bodysuit is not the best available, but it has the lion's share of support.)

I --- can't really control if other people will make bodysuits too??? xD

- - - - - - 

randym77 ( ) posted Mon, 08 November 2021 at 8:04 AM
Afrodite-Ohki posted at 6:13 AM Mon, 8 November 2021 - #4430066

randym77 posted at 6:12 AM Mon, 8 November 2021 - #4430065

I love your bodysuit, too, but there's like, three other bodysuits out there, and I think that makes it difficult to get the kind of support V4's bodysuit has.  (DAZ's V4 bodysuit is not the best available, but it has the lion's share of support.)

I --- can't really control if other people will make bodysuits too??? xD

Yup. And there's plenty of other bodysuits for V4, too. But it's the "official" one that has the most support, for sale and free.

Appears to still be the case for Genesis 8, or whatever the current figure is. People making Star Trek uniforms and such use the DAZ bodysuit, even when it's not ideal. (Too form-fitting. I remember TrekkieGrrrl made some morphs that loosened the DAZ bodysuits at the bottom of the pants, so they would look more authentic. I think it was M2, so that was, like 20 years ago?)

Afrodite-Ohki ( ) posted Mon, 08 November 2021 at 1:26 PM

Well, technically my Bodysuit is RPub, so hey - I'd consider that one the "official".

- - - - - - 

RobZhena ( ) posted Mon, 08 November 2021 at 5:36 PM

Of course all of this is for personal use.

RobZhena ( ) posted Mon, 08 November 2021 at 6:14 PM

Moreover, the heart of this entire tutorial involves using the rigging of erogenesis' dress mannequin, which he created specifically so users of PE can home-brew their own converted garments. It requires a user to purchase his product. He allowed me to create a freebie for people who own the mannequin to use for Pauline. In this case, all I'm doing is showing people how to change the joint zones and apply the morphs brush. If people want to repurpose other rigging that they have bought for other personal projects, that's fair use.

Afrodite-Ohki ( ) posted Wed, 10 November 2021 at 6:37 AM
RobZhena posted at 5:36 PM Mon, 8 November 2021 - #4430109

Of course all of this is for personal use.

Just making sure that whoever bumps into this thread is aware of that :)

- - - - - - 

RobZhena ( ) posted Wed, 24 November 2021 at 9:49 AM

I've changed my workflow a bit because I now have so many great donors for La Femme clothing conversions. I'm converting for La Femme first, because I have found that her completely unrealistic ability to move the shin and forearm sideways. It is especially helpful for boots. Once fit everything to a non-zeroed La femme, posed to make the morph brush work as easy as possible, a create an interim boots/garment in the fitting room. I go back and zero La Femme, and I can now pose the garment to get her zeroed form. The I create the final garment. I use the LF version for other figures, where again, the ability to pose the forearms and shins side to side helps immensely.

In this image, I already did the morph brush work to unzeroed LF (her left here is non-zeroed, and the right is zeroed to show how I posed her to fit the objs).

AAhiI3TB8iMAyxCqJ7C0PJwWRQjimphRkEiTiaxs.jpg

RobZhena ( ) posted Tue, 04 January 2022 at 2:22 PM · edited Tue, 04 January 2022 at 2:28 PM

As I mentioned when I discovered how easily Furisode for G2F conformed to La Femme, I wanted to try to use it with Genesis 8 clothing with dangly sleeve things. I picked Harmonia, which turned out to have sleeve ribbons separate from the dress. A lot of dForce garments are actually also rigged, which allows you to pose them to a T-pose in DS before exporting can obj to use in Poser. These arm ribbons were not rigged at all. Loading the garment into Poser, I tried using the fitting room with LF in an A-pose. Auto fit broke the long ribbon and assigned half of it to the hip. No luck there!

QbI4ZarwHZkPbW7GYcJ0CAsDbSaYVHEpUnVBXHfL.jpg

So, I thought, what could I use as a donor to rig the ribbon in a usable way? Then a thought occurred to me: Strigoi wings for V4, which I have conformed to LF and copied joint zones to it. I posed the wings and then used the fitting room with the wings as the non-zeroed target.

uHudwHKvacs5S2AiIvsJJzJH8iEES34QIFQInqQq.jpg

That worked nicely! The ribbons were conformable as a unit but slanted at the angle of the wings. So I posed the ribbon. That was fairly good.

8axom2SV9yA7vsmAsMJDOPZ22HebQGOcazXImKZi.jpg

So now I needed to change the ribbons to hang down to match Furisode as a donor. I used the pull tool (screen) to morph one ribbon and mirrored it to the other. There was no keeping it a rectangle, but the result looked like the end of a dangling ribbon.

DDUoShTG97HGyYoLu34bPCkxEBcw73bfPbp9xPCs.jpg

Now to use Furisode. I moved the garment to line up with the ribbons and used the fitting room to copy the bones and morphs.

ySnH29A6mRWLvrj6EBnPcWbLbBpTYlmDJfO7Yies.jpg

The result was ribbons that conformed and had "sleeve" bones and movement morphs. I rigged the dress with the MFD LF created earlier in this tutorial and then rigged the sandals. I rate this a successful experiment.

KBiIjGVN8Vbx9vHNMnl2Up27pUNTyMSZ5qWhKhGT.jpg

RobZhena ( ) posted Wed, 05 January 2022 at 7:13 AM · edited Wed, 05 January 2022 at 7:15 AM

I decided to do Rochelle Gown for G8F to try a full garment with hanging sleeves. Fortunately, the garment is rigged, and I could pre-pose it in DS. This turned out to be more complicated because the fitting room was auto grouping part of the hips and thighs to the sleeves because the gown was wider the the Furisode dress.

gdrO6gDBjV5YM2ClGnVyMOAxiZExSPq9uq7KbjmD.jpg

I therefore rigged the obj to La Femme down to the feet and hands using LF not zeroed as the goal with her arms posed to match the gown. Then I used the thighs to narrow the skirt and reduced the body on the X axis. This left poke through, but that could be fixed later

HzzYBwhbWwdVZeUsI8UdhNcSPsb5YAc4fBqJunbc.jpg

The fitting room properly assigned the draping to the sleeve rigging this time. I conformed the resulting garment to LF. Like with Furisode, I had to move the hip forward and up and pose the abdomens and arms. Next came the morph brush work to eliminate poke through. Then I saved a pose of the final garment is the pose library as I did with Furisode. I created a full body morph to speed conforming next time. I copied the morphs from V4;s MFD to provide beaucoup skirt controls. Then saved the garment.

a9yo4WPm0rHhOTKFYLWuPWYeDoX8cLjHHnvvHRVc.jpg

So I now have a donor rig for future conversions of gowns with drapes sleeves.

ssgbryan ( ) posted Wed, 05 January 2022 at 12:45 PM

Thank you for all of the great work you are doing on these.

You have shown me how to move other stuff over to Poser figures.

Have you figured out shoes?  I am pulling my hair out with those.

RobZhena ( ) posted Wed, 05 January 2022 at 2:02 PM

Shoes are easy. G3F shoes usually load in the zero pose for the feet, so just scale them a bit and rig down to the toes. If they are not zero posed, tilt them on the x axis until the shoe body is lined up with the zero foot pose. You have two choices here. Bend LF's toes to match the shoe and rig to the toe. You'll have to pose the shoes' toes when you conform. Or if the shoe is rigid, just rig to the foot.

Its more or less the same deal with G8F. Sometimes they are rigged in DS and you can pose the thighs to get close to LF before you export the obj, Then proceed as above. Otherwise, set LF's legs to match the A pose {this is where moving the shin sideways helps), then rig to the foot or toe as appropriate. Zero LF, then pose the new shoe character to match her, and rig it again.

RobZhena ( ) posted Wed, 05 January 2022 at 4:00 PM

Oh, I should mention that you should also pose the feet in DS so the body of the shoes are at the zero pose for Poser figures before exporting your obj. Assuming, of course, that they don’t load that way. 

RobZhena ( ) posted Fri, 18 February 2022 at 8:41 AM

How I Stole the Show

I was converting Natasha Rose for G8F to La Femme when I encountered the problem of the stole. The original is that black rectangle on the ground that I guess you are supposed to dForce over the shoulders. I could think of no substitute from another outfit. Then I recalled a towel set for M4 that included a rigged towel that draped over the shoulders. That is the pink thing to the right, scaled to perform its new function. Apply a Poser lace material to the towel and parent it to LF. It looks good!

wtc0WCdf9U7nzHKP6OPP57ul3CTvAYtedRTW8rcd.jpg

randym77 ( ) posted Mon, 21 February 2022 at 3:56 PM

DAZ is having a President's Day Sale with 90% off a lot of V4 and M4 items, if you're looking to pick up stuff to convert for cheap.

Y-Phil ( ) posted Tue, 22 February 2022 at 2:52 AM
randym77 posted at 3:56 PM Mon, 21 February 2022 - #4435025

DAZ is having a President's Day Sale with 90% off a lot of V4 and M4 items, if you're looking to pick up stuff to convert for cheap.

Thank you for the info! 😊

PhYl.

Win10 on i7 8700K@4.3Ghz, 64Gb, Asus TUF Gaming RTX 4070 OC Edition, 2x 2Tb ssd + 6+4Tb hd  + 1x 8Tb hd + 1 10T NAS, Poser 11, Poser 12  and now Poser 13 

JimTS ( ) posted Sun, 27 March 2022 at 5:13 AM · edited Sun, 27 March 2022 at 5:14 AM

Tried the process got this what did I miss?Rfvwc4ME0u5WAmldXvs1vcb9yAblEVkfqQjklzpB.png obviously I didn't follow the directions explicitly enough

A word is not the same with one writer as with another. One tears it from his guts. The other pulls it out of his overcoat pocket
Charles Péguy

Heat and animosity, contest and conflict, may sharpen the wits, although they rarely do;they never strengthen the understanding, clear the perspicacity, guide the judgment, or improve the heart
Walter Savage Landor

So is that TTFN or TANSTAAFL?

JimTS ( ) posted Sun, 27 March 2022 at 5:15 AM · edited Sun, 27 March 2022 at 5:16 AM

8zlNfIMS5Lx9mslUSpKu90ze9X2ep3NTIp5brJCh.png

the second view

A word is not the same with one writer as with another. One tears it from his guts. The other pulls it out of his overcoat pocket
Charles Péguy

Heat and animosity, contest and conflict, may sharpen the wits, although they rarely do;they never strengthen the understanding, clear the perspicacity, guide the judgment, or improve the heart
Walter Savage Landor

RobZhena ( ) posted Mon, 28 March 2022 at 4:51 PM

Whatever you missed, you can fix all that now with the morph brush.

JimTS ( ) posted Thu, 31 March 2022 at 4:42 PM

It's like the whole dress moved +...on Z axisSdqsdWDsBGy54v6c22vgUXoG8hVTnPgUyhmhFrtR.png

Charles Péguy

Walter Savage Landor

JimTS ( ) posted Thu, 31 March 2022 at 4:58 PM

Apply Scrub Rinse + Repeat until you are satisfied with what is an unstable process

Charles Péguy

Walter Savage Landor

RobZhena ( ) posted Sun, 22 May 2022 at 10:12 AM · edited Sun, 22 May 2022 at 10:12 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

Here's a conversion of a dynamic gown for La Femme using our MFD that I also rigged for G2F and PE. This is Outoftouch's Cynthia for La Femme wearing Elegant Provocative, Fatale heels for V4, and Anna Rose hair for G8F. I found the materials included with the garment uninspired, so here is and elegant and proactive material set I put together.

gSRP8q507rlpHD0qCDSZSnXl8olu7EclOxFOtpuB.jpg

Y-Phil ( ) posted Sun, 22 May 2022 at 10:38 AM
RobZhena posted at 10:12 AM Sun, 22 May 2022 - #4438929

Here's a conversion of a dynamic gown for La Femme using our MFD that I also rigged for G2F and PE. This is Outoftouch's Cynthia for La Femme wearing Elegant Provocative, Fatale heels for V4, and Anna Rose hair for G8F. I found the materials included with the garment uninspired, so here is and elegant and proactive material set I put together.

Gorgeous ❤

PhYl.

Win10 on i7 8700K@4.3Ghz, 64Gb, Asus TUF Gaming RTX 4070 OC Edition, 2x 2Tb ssd + 6+4Tb hd  + 1x 8Tb hd + 1 10T NAS, Poser 11, Poser 12  and now Poser 13 

RobZhena ( ) posted Fri, 01 July 2022 at 3:21 PM · edited Fri, 01 July 2022 at 3:23 PM

I really like Bollywood for La Femme, so I bought it. The promo text says, "The conforming clothing will follow La Femme's poses eliminating the need for handles and all pieces contain adjust/movement morphs. Keep in mind, the skirt/dress thighs and shins, while following the pose, may also be adjusted in the same manner users are familiar with as ghost bones. Pursuant to this thread, I wondered if that was true.

A promo picture illustrates the problem of skirts behaving like pants when rigged to the thigh and shin.

qa82uiGvvBZXFjB1oKIWl8csOZD5t421TsyjfFax.jpeg

That just doesn't look like a skirt behaves. So I used the thigh and shin bones to try to make the skirt look like a skirt.

fGQnCsTeq4fEFKlulNmeUoQArp2WFbaJNcvpTePc.jpg

YEupqsniBpTPl6OQxiT2d1CJVOUzLjXth1oyHWdj.jpg

That's not too bad, but the thigh pokes through since we had to pose the thigh bone in the skirt. So I re-rigged the skirt with our Morphing Fantasy Dress for La Femme.

qqy4Gct0XBASBVN28iCttgnFeFjDpuQjU3uhji1S.jpg

Much more skirt-like behavior, and a built-in morph for kneeling fixed the minor thigh poke through without resorting to the morph brush.

I tried to rig the dupatta prop, but the mesh tore. You never know 'til you try!

Mn9qRcaR69Z17Wx5iU2wIdNWdK32mXzfFZ6bjd4k.jpg

RobZhena ( ) posted Fri, 01 July 2022 at 3:27 PM

By the way, that's Priya for La Femme and long windblown hair for G8F. The sandals are from a G8F set.

RobZhena ( ) posted Wed, 20 July 2022 at 7:15 PM · edited Wed, 20 July 2022 at 7:15 PM

The Bollywood dupatta prop is the antithesis of Bollywood because you have to pose the right arm downward to match the prop. In Bollywood films, the ladies generally dance with their arms raised. But there is a solution! I was converting Salwar Kameez for G8F to La Femme. It includes a "scarf" that has, like the dupatta, the arm lowered in the pre-dForce clothing item. But it is angled to the default G8F A-pose when zeroed, less "down" than the Bollywood prop.

It just so happened the I had been converting some G8M clothing for G2M in Poser that was not rigged in DS, and the only way to export an obj version was in the A-pose. I had the same problems in the fitting room that I had with the Harmonia arm ribbons discussed earlier in this threat. So I tried the same solution--I used the Strigoi demon wings to rig an intermediate version, using the left and right wing bases and arms 1. The rigged garment posed to G2M fine, but the result needed morph brush work because a divot emerged at the cellar-shoulder join and the arm itself sort of stretched. The morph brush sorted all that out.

RUAQcJAmNJgYHFKxWy3U4VbWTXQTlqT1r3IGZ6zP.jpg

KfDDYXRvD075ZINHLaBzmNVG6ZEnAFnJrBWSjzY5.jpg

So I used this to rig the Salwar Kameez dupatta and copied the morph that fit the result to G2M. That worked nicely.

gJgxsAfHpyEcCofdBpISQ65XRQzqXhAEmJ3G9avf.jpg

You obviously get some distortion of the material, but if you apply one that is solid, you can't tell. So now I needed to rig it for La Femme. I chose the fur coat we created earlier in the thread using the morphing fantasy dress because it has morphs that will work to move the dupatta along side the rigging. I scaled the coat to line up with the dupatta and went to the fitting room, transferring the rigging from the left side of the coat, plus out to both shoulders.

HN3O41hRFKRnAlLhPDCAPNQFb29FtkvHDIJmVkaI.jpg

The result is great. La Femme and dance in a Bollywood film with her arms in the air!

RfCIErMxHedjW2OAv8I2oCUBjnLkyMtb5SNFsvI3.jpg

I tried rigging the included dupatta prop this way, but the arm is angled at too steep a downward slope. So, if you want to home brew a better Bollywood outfit, start converting!

RobZhena ( ) posted Wed, 20 July 2022 at 7:24 PM

By the way, this demonstrates that the Bollywood dupatta could have been rigged instead of supplied as a prop. Of course, just rigging to the arms, thighs, and shins wouldn't do the trick.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.