Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: How to Convert V4 and Other Gowns and Dresses for La Femme

RobZhena opened this issue on Dec 09, 2019 ยท 111 posts

RobZhena posted Fri, 01 July 2022 at 3:21 PM

I really like Bollywood for La Femme, so I bought it. The promo text says, "The conforming clothing will follow La Femme's poses eliminating the need for handles and all pieces contain adjust/movement morphs. Keep in mind, the skirt/dress thighs and shins, while following the pose, may also be adjusted in the same manner users are familiar with as ghost bones. Pursuant to this thread, I wondered if that was true.

A promo picture illustrates the problem of skirts behaving like pants when rigged to the thigh and shin.

That just doesn't look like a skirt behaves. So I used the thigh and shin bones to try to make the skirt look like a skirt.

That's not too bad, but the thigh pokes through since we had to pose the thigh bone in the skirt. So I re-rigged the skirt with our Morphing Fantasy Dress for La Femme.

Much more skirt-like behavior, and a built-in morph for kneeling fixed the minor thigh poke through without resorting to the morph brush.

I tried to rig the dupatta prop, but the mesh tore. You never know 'til you try!