Tue, Apr 30, 12:54 AM CDT

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Apr 29 12:23 pm)

Subject: Seeking similar dynamic for LF

primorge ( ) posted Sun, 29 August 2021 at 10:24 AM · edited Tue, 30 April 2024 at 12:30 AM

Maybe not the right place for this query but the 'Where Can I Find?" forum doesn't seem to get much traffic...

Anyone know of a dynamic dress for La Femme that closely resembles the dress worn in this video?

https://youtu.be/iB4FhvpG-T0

So far I've found 2 that are similar but maybe there's a freebie that is also similar, the bottom hem on the Gemma dress is a bit high, and preferably shorter sleeves, but seems to match well otherwise. I don't imagine creating a matching print texture would be overly difficult with some time invested...

https://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/dynamic-chemise-dress-la-femme/137435

https://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/gemma-dress-for-la-femme/140830

Thanks

hborre ( ) posted Sun, 29 August 2021 at 10:46 AM

Have you tried ShareCG.com? That's the only place I can think of that might have a similar style. You might find one for one of the other models. Since you desire a dynamic dress, it would be easier to convert.

Boni ( ) posted Sun, 29 August 2021 at 2:46 PM · edited Sun, 29 August 2021 at 2:47 PM

Perhaps if you contact Karanta via site mail she could make that style her next product? Who knows? She is easy to talk to.

Boni

"Be Hero to Yourself" -- Peter Tork

RobZhena ( ) posted Sun, 29 August 2021 at 6:37 PM

I bet you'd find a dforce dress at DAZ for G8F or G3F. That style of sleeves became popular with vendors, probably just so dforce could do something to the garment. I don't use dynamics in Poser, but I had to use the cloth room recently to shape a dress to drape for a G8F conversion to a rigged version for La Femme. The dforce dress acted normally once clothified.

RobZhena ( ) posted Sun, 29 August 2021 at 6:42 PM

By the way, what you do is load the garment in DS, apply a material so when you click browse in the material room it takes you straight to the right folder (a useful function I gather has been disappeared in Poser 12 with elimination of the simple tab), and export the garment as an obj. Import that into Poser, use the morph brush to fit it to your figure, SAVE the file so you can try various settings, and then head to the cloth room.

primorge ( ) posted Sun, 29 August 2021 at 6:51 PM

I do my refit work externally in Mudbox or Blender. To be honest Rob, every time I go to install DS on my machines I get irritated with all the additional crap that goes along with it. Once I see all that install manager stuff being put on my system I'm like "F*** that" lol. I'd love to be able to get my hands on some of those DS models in obj format to use in Poser, I guess going through all the additional weird Daz bloat is the only way.

primorge ( ) posted Sun, 29 August 2021 at 6:55 PM · edited Sun, 29 August 2021 at 6:56 PM

It's some kind of aversion I'll have to get over I guess. It's peculiar because I subscribe to Autodesk and Adobe, and the consequential managers and surveillance that goes with that, with not a thought about it. Guess I'll have to finally install DS and take a serious look.

RobZhena ( ) posted Sun, 29 August 2021 at 6:57 PM

Search at DAZ for Halcyon Days.

primorge ( ) posted Sun, 29 August 2021 at 7:01 PM

I'll take a look. Thanks for the tips.

randym77 ( ) posted Mon, 30 August 2021 at 7:12 PM

Dynamic clothing is pretty easy to fit to other figures, so you might look at what's available for V4 as well.

The toughest part, IMO, is the neckline. Poser dresses tend to be low-cut. The dress in the video has a turtleneck type neckline, with a keyhole in front. If you're willing to overlook that...

https://www.renderosity.com/rr/mod/bcs/dynamic-collection---breeze-dawn-v4/100306/

https://www.renderosity.com/rr/mod/bcs/kw-corinne-dress/122880/

This one has a LF fit, but might be too short:

https://www.renderosity.com/rr/mod/bcs/eve-dress-and-14-styles-for-v4-pe-dawn-and-pauline/135340/

primorge ( ) posted Mon, 30 August 2021 at 9:32 PM

Thanks for taking the time Randym77, I think I have the eve dress, I bought a lot of stuff I haven't even unzipped...I'll take look at your suggestions. Most dresses that are sort of gothic, Hammer Films, classical looking, rustic or atypical end up on my wishlist so even if there isn't a match it's still useful. :)

Kalypso ( ) posted Wed, 01 September 2021 at 10:48 PM
Site Admin Online Now!

You don't need to have Studio installed to use G8 clothes in Poser. All you need is D3D's dsf toolbox and it will convert the dsf to obj which you can then fit on the figure of your choice. I find that G8 items are actually easier and quicker to fit to La Femme than V4 clothing and I do it al the time so have a look through the MP for G8 dresses. Here's one of Lully's G8 dresses (Calypso I think) on LF.
SportyCar.jpg

primorge ( ) posted Thu, 02 September 2021 at 12:36 AM · edited Thu, 02 September 2021 at 12:37 AM

Thanks Kalypso. I'm guessing that's a standalone app. I have his Binary Morph Editor, he used to make really nice utilities. I'll look into it, seems like a more sensible solution.

randym77 ( ) posted Thu, 02 September 2021 at 5:48 AM

dsf toolbox looks interesting. And it's on sale for 50% off today.

primorge ( ) posted Thu, 02 September 2021 at 1:41 PM

Purchased. Thanks for pointing me in that direction, and thanks to Randym77 for mentioning the sale...

dsftool.png

Kalypso ( ) posted Thu, 02 September 2021 at 8:58 PM
Site Admin Online Now!

I do my refitting within Poser using scaling, the morph brush, occasionally the fitting room, etc but since you use a modeling program you'll be getting even better results.

Rhia474 ( ) posted Thu, 02 September 2021 at 9:15 PM

Um, where can one find this utility? My search fu is utterly failing me here both by vendor and by searching for 'dsf toolbox'??

TwiztidKidd ( ) posted Thu, 02 September 2021 at 10:36 PM · edited Thu, 02 September 2021 at 10:39 PM

I got it from RDNA when it first came out... so you can find it where all the RDNA stuff moved to.

randym77 ( ) posted Fri, 03 September 2021 at 6:44 AM

It's at DAZ now. It's no longer on sale today, but if you wait, it will probably go on sale again.

Rhia474 ( ) posted Fri, 03 September 2021 at 8:51 AM

Ah, 10-4, thanks guys.

RobZhena ( ) posted Fri, 03 September 2021 at 5:10 PM

I gambled and lost. Mac users: be advised that Dsf Toolbox is 32 bit and won't work in Catalina or higher.

randym77 ( ) posted Fri, 03 September 2021 at 5:25 PM

DAZ does have a money back guarantee. I think they'd refund your money in this situation.

Miss B ( ) posted Fri, 03 September 2021 at 5:55 PM · edited Fri, 03 September 2021 at 6:01 PM

randym77 posted at 5:53PM Fri, 03 September 2021 - #4426489

dsf toolbox looks interesting. And it's on sale for 50% off today.

Hmmmm, I just looked in his store, and I'm not seeing the DSF Toolbox. Do you happen to have a link, or is it part of one of the grouped utilities packs?

randym77 posted at 5:56PM Fri, 03 September 2021 - #4426553

It's at DAZ now. It's no longer on sale today, but if you wait, it will probably go on sale again.

AHA! OK, I thought I was going crazy looking in his store here in the RMP.

GUESS WHAT!!! I just went over there to check it out and . . . I HAVE IT!!! I must've bought it a long time ago, and forgot all about it. 😀

OK . . . Where's my chocolate?

Butterfly Dezignz

randym77 ( ) posted Wed, 08 September 2021 at 11:29 PM

Would DSF Toolbox work for hair props? I'm coveting the Edwardian Hair for Genesis 3 at DAZ. I don't think I'd need the morphs, with that style.

primorge ( ) posted Thu, 09 September 2021 at 5:55 AM

randym77 posted at 5:53AM Thu, 09 September 2021 - #4427008

Would DSF Toolbox work for hair props? I'm coveting the Edwardian Hair for Genesis 3 at DAZ. I don't think I'd need the morphs, with that style.

Don't see why not, if you have an obj you have a prop.

randym77 ( ) posted Thu, 09 September 2021 at 6:41 AM · edited Thu, 09 September 2021 at 6:41 AM

Does it preserve the UV mapping and material zones?

primorge ( ) posted Thu, 09 September 2021 at 2:02 PM

I haven't tested it yet. I don't see why it wouldn't, that information is embedded in the obj itself. Would be pointless to have a utility that produced an obj that was missing such important data.

primorge ( ) posted Thu, 09 September 2021 at 2:04 PM

I'll give it a quick test later, see if it does. By the looks of Poser user's results with using it that I've seen, it appears that stuff is intact.

primorge ( ) posted Thu, 09 September 2021 at 2:34 PM

randym77 posted at 2:33PM Thu, 09 September 2021 - #4427014

Yes

dsf2obj.png

Miss B ( ) posted Thu, 09 September 2021 at 4:40 PM

primorge posted at 4:38PM Thu, 09 September 2021 - #4427048

randym77 posted at 2:33PM Thu, 09 September 2021 - #4427014

Yes

This is very encouraging. 🙂

OK . . . Where's my chocolate?

Butterfly Dezignz

randym77 ( ) posted Thu, 09 September 2021 at 8:05 PM

Thanks! I guess I'll buy it the next time it goes on sale. Which will probably be tomorrow, the way DAZ works. 😁

Haven't seen any dForce dresses I really want, but hair, that's a different story.

TwiztidKidd ( ) posted Thu, 09 September 2021 at 9:44 PM · edited Thu, 09 September 2021 at 9:46 PM

Not all DS hair works... some hairs are particle systems (geometry nodes?) the geometry created by DSF Tools looks like a constellation in shape of a skull cap, Poser 10 has no idea how to import that OBJ file.

randym77 ( ) posted Fri, 10 September 2021 at 5:40 AM

TwiztidKidd posted at 5:40AM Fri, 10 September 2021 - #4427074

Not all DS hair works... some hairs are particle systems (geometry nodes?) the geometry created by DSF Tools looks like a constellation in shape of a skull cap, Poser 10 has no idea how to import that OBJ file.

Is that the dForce hair? I wouldn't expect that to work in Poser.

TwiztidKidd ( ) posted Fri, 10 September 2021 at 7:57 AM · edited Fri, 10 September 2021 at 8:06 AM

No, it's not dForce related. Most of them DO work in Poser. There's a few vendors at Daz that u gotta keep away, they'll sell u knock-off stuff lol I stopped buying from Daz, fool me once lol

randym77 ( ) posted Fri, 10 September 2021 at 10:14 AM

Interesting. Could you tell me which vendors' products won't work with DSF Toolbox? Via sitemail, if you don't want to share it publically.

If not, thanks for the warning. DAZ has a pretty good refund policy. I'll make sure to test anything I buy right away. I have returned items before, just because I didn't like them, and it was pretty painless.

primorge ( ) posted Fri, 10 September 2021 at 1:46 PM

I've looked through the various hairs at Daz, as I'm sure you have. What he describes sounds very similar to dynamic hair rather than card transmapped. Probably pretty easy to tell by the description and promos. Edwardian hair looks very much like transmapped...

randym77 ( ) posted Fri, 10 September 2021 at 1:59 PM

He said it wasn't a dForce issue, though. dForce is what they call dynamic hair as well as clothing in DAZ Studio, so far as I know.

primorge ( ) posted Fri, 10 September 2021 at 3:12 PM

Ah. Just going by his description of hairs that are a skull cap constellation thingy. Lol. Waters thoroughly muddied ;)

As far as vendor "knock offs" not even sure what that means lol. Surprised they'd let something like that through testing.

randym77 ( ) posted Fri, 10 September 2021 at 4:08 PM

Not sure what that means, either. Maybe copies of game models?

There's someone in the DAZ forums who's using some Russian software package to copy game models to G8 figures. (Not to sell, I hasten to add.)

TwiztidKidd ( ) posted Fri, 10 September 2021 at 4:21 PM · edited Fri, 10 September 2021 at 4:25 PM

What I would call a knock-off is a vendor that sells u a skull cap and tells u to go to the Hair Room with it and grow some hair on it lol it's not something modelled and textured, so it's not going to have a geometry. That's what some hairs do lol Dynamic hair is different, the geometry looks like a starfish but when applied gravity it would look like strands of hair resting on top of your model's head.

randym77 ( ) posted Fri, 10 September 2021 at 4:23 PM · edited Fri, 10 September 2021 at 4:27 PM

FWIW...dsf toolbox is on sale, 60% off, today only.

I think all their published artist stuff is.

Rhia474 ( ) posted Fri, 10 September 2021 at 4:28 PM

Thanks for the note, just grabbed it in case I need it in the future.

TwiztidKidd ( ) posted Fri, 10 September 2021 at 4:31 PM · edited Fri, 10 September 2021 at 4:33 PM

It's a very good utility to have, just don't expect every DS product to work with it, most of them do work but it's a hit or miss... and the software is from 2015. You can test it on some DS hair from Freestuff here.

primorge ( ) posted Fri, 10 September 2021 at 4:52 PM

just ran a DS freebie through it. Does what it says on the tin, UVs and Groups/Mat zones included. Quick clay/wireframe...

Render 1.png

Render 2.png

randym77 ( ) posted Fri, 10 September 2021 at 5:02 PM

TwiztidKidd posted at 5:01PM Fri, 10 September 2021 - #4427123

What I would call a knock-off is a vendor that sells u a skull cap and tells u to go to the Hair Room with it and grow some hair on it lol it's not something modelled and textured, so it's not going to have a geometry. That's what some hairs do lol Dynamic hair is different, the geometry looks like a starfish but when applied gravity it would look like strands of hair resting on top of your model's head.

I can't believe that would pass DAZ quality control.

So are you saying dForce hair would work in Poser, you just have to treat it like dynamic cloth?

primorge ( ) posted Fri, 10 September 2021 at 5:13 PM

sorry let me auto contrast that... looks a little muddy...

hg1.png

hg2.png

primorge ( ) posted Fri, 10 September 2021 at 5:31 PM · edited Fri, 10 September 2021 at 5:32 PM

Here's one I've been coveting for a while... Looks like it will take some work setting up the mats and some of the rigged parts after conversion but nice to know I can put it on my wishlist as a project.

https://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/pavlova-1920s-russian-kokoshnik/138520

Full138520_fd26477a5d82d3c308a16410b753b1c3.png

primorge ( ) posted Fri, 10 September 2021 at 7:09 PM

Anybody else think this dsf toolbox being on sale so frequently all of a sudden is a little peculiar?

randym77 ( ) posted Fri, 10 September 2021 at 7:36 PM · edited Fri, 10 September 2021 at 7:36 PM

primorge posted at 7:21PM Fri, 10 September 2021 - #4427133

Anybody else think this dsf toolbox being on sale so frequently all of a sudden is a little peculiar?

No. DAZ has sales all the time. Never buy full price at DAZ. Did you see my Thursday prediction (upthread), about it going on sale today? I'm not psychic. It's just the way DAZ works.

If there's something there I want, I put it on my wish list. I usually scan my wish list every day, or at least several times a week. The best sales are usually on the weekend, but sometimes there are very good one-day sales during the week.

If it's something I need soon or really want, I'll buy it when it's 50% off. I usually don't have to wait more than a few days. If it's something I'm interested in but don't need right way, I'll wait for a really good sale -- 88% off. (Don't ask me why the discount is so often 88%, it just is.)

I'm not sure if newer products go sale so often - but their older stuff goes on sale all the time. For example, Star! and Toon Girl Sadie have gone on sale at the same time as dsf toolbox, with the same discounts. (Two other products I've been watching. I'll probably pull the trigger tonight, at 60% off, plus another 20% discount from the gift certificate I bought tonight.)

primorge ( ) posted Fri, 10 September 2021 at 8:02 PM

I had thorne and sarsa's Fairylicious (embarrassed laughter) on my wishlist there for years, finally caught it on sale just recently. Seems like some of the old V4/A3 stuff only goes on sale once in a blue moon. I don't keep an eye on sales too much though, anywhere, probably why. My Poser content buying habits are sporadic. I did buy a ton of stuff for La Femme, hopefully she has some content creator longevity. An off topic, not really though, question but I'm curious how long before La Femme might be replaced by the next flagship figure or even version? Anyone care to take a guess? There's particular reasons why I'd like the figure to remain viable, in a market sense, for at least a couple more years. I guess it would be primarily tied in with new Poser version releases...

randym77 ( ) posted Fri, 10 September 2021 at 9:32 PM

Heh. Fairylicious is 61% off right now. I think the old stuff goes on sale pretty regularly, but you have to check. (I usually check when I'm bored at work. Or over the weekend, when they always have sales.) There will probably be a yuuuge sale on Black Friday, but mostly, they alternate between DAZ originals and published artists, so everything's not on sale at once. And they have "theme" sales - fairies, SF, Asian stuff, etc.

As for La Femme...I haven't a clue. It's occurred to me that if Dawn 2 is a success, they might just go with her as their flagship figure. Though I like La Femme because she's made for Poser. I don't care for L'Homme. His shoulders are just too weird. And his lats are weirdly sharp.

And neither of them really have enough support to let me give up V4 and M4.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.