Tue, May 21, 12:34 PM CDT

Welcome to the Poser 12 Forum

Forum Moderators: nerd, donnena Forum Coordinators: nerd

Poser 12 F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Apr 30 1:25 pm)

Welcome to the Poser Forums! Need help with these versions, advice on upgrading? Etc...you've arrived at the right place!

Looking for Poser Tutorials? Find those HERE

Subject: Morph instability issue applied to dynamic clothing with Poser 12

Tipol ( ) posted Tue, 27 July 2021 at 12:52 PM · edited Fri, 17 May 2024 at 11:44 AM

There seems to be a bug with Poser 12 regarding morphs applied to dynamic clothing. During the simulation they seem to double and at the end of the simulation they must be deleted. On the other hand, when we resume to apply another pose, we must put the morphs back. In short, it is very unstable concerning dynamic clothing with morphs.

RedPhantom ( ) posted Tue, 27 July 2021 at 1:45 PM
Site Admin

I don't know that it's truly a bug. What happens is that the drape includes the morph but once the simulation is done, you have the morphed shape twice, once from the morph and once from the draping. Your best bet, is to have the morph keyed to zero at the final frame, that way you don't have to switch it all the time.

I don't believe this is unique to poser 12 either. I seem to recall it in Poser 11 too. I don't know if it was like this in earlier versions.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

Tipol ( ) posted Tue, 27 July 2021 at 3:27 PM · edited Tue, 27 July 2021 at 3:27 PM

I've been making dynamic clothing including morphs for a few years now and neither I nor my buyers have ever had this kind of problem. So I think that's a problem with Poser 12. And a big problem, it requires constant manipulation. But it's nothing new that Poser isn't taking care of the cloth room to try and improve it, but it's new that it is starting to damage it.

Miss B ( ) posted Tue, 27 July 2021 at 4:43 PM · edited Tue, 27 July 2021 at 4:44 PM

I've seen it in Poser 11 when I used a fit morph for an item that was made for more than one character, and the character I was working with wasn't the default character, so needed the fit morph. I always had to remove the fit morph after the item was simmed.

That said, I'm liking RedPhantom's suggestion about changing the fit morph to zero in the last frame. I'm definitely going to have to try that out. ~nods~

OK . . . Where's my chocolate?

Butterfly Dezignz

randym77 ( ) posted Wed, 28 July 2021 at 6:48 AM

I've seen this in Poser 11, too. I try to avoid fit morphs. Unless the morph is extreme, I find it easier to let the simulation do the fitting.

Will have to try RedPhantom's solution.

Tipol ( ) posted Wed, 28 July 2021 at 11:16 AM

It's weird this is the first time I have this problem. I have been putting fit morphs into all the dynamic clothing I have sold for years this is the first time I have faced this problem.

Miss B ( ) posted Wed, 28 July 2021 at 11:46 AM · edited Wed, 28 July 2021 at 11:46 AM

randym77 posted at 11:44AM Wed, 28 July 2021 - #4424065

I've seen this in Poser 11, too. I try to avoid fit morphs. Unless the morph is extreme, I find it easier to let the simulation do the fitting.

Will have to try RedPhantom's solution.

I tried it last night, and it worked just fine, so this will now be my goto method when simming dynamic clothing with Fit Morphs included for more than one character. I'm not sure why I never thought of it myself.

Thank you RedPhantom! 😁

Butterfly Dezignz

Y-Phil ( ) posted Wed, 28 July 2021 at 4:37 PM

I don't know if it's related but somewhere in my "Clothes" runtimes, I have one with morphs, and the PDF states that if one is different from 0 at the start of the sim, the user MUST be sure that it's set to 0 at the end, and the PDF speaks of Poser 7....

2021-07-28_23h36_54.png

PhYl.

Win10 on i7 8700K@4.3Ghz, 64Gb, Asus TUF Gaming RTX 4070 OC Edition, 2x 2Tb ssd + 6+4Tb hd  + 1x 8Tb hd + 1 10T NAS, Poser 11, Poser 12  and now Poser 13 

Miss B ( ) posted Wed, 28 July 2021 at 6:25 PM

So this is how it's always been even back with Poser 7. Interesting.

If you think about it, changing it in the last frame back to 0.0 "before" you sim isn't really any different than changing it "after" the sim, except the clothing item looks good, and fits correctly, immediately after the sim, because you would have to go back to the Pose Room from the Cloth Room if you do it at the end.

I guess it's just a matter of looking right immediately, and that's not a bad thing.

Butterfly Dezignz

randym77 ( ) posted Wed, 28 July 2021 at 10:07 PM

Interesting that it's apparently an intermittent problem.

Afrodite-Ohki ( ) posted Thu, 29 July 2021 at 6:47 AM

Question: Are your morphs set to Post-Transform?

Pre-Transform means a morph will be applied before any other transformation (like bending body parts etc). Post-Transform means the morph will be applied after those. I recently had issues with this because I had a morph to fit a LF necklace to LH, and when I applied it, the necklace chain links would disconnect from each other at the body part limits - it was because the morph was set to Post-Transform so it was applying to each body part separately AFTER the body part was bent. I set it to Pre-Transform and problem solved.

It feels to me like the same thing would happen to morphs in Dynamic clothing. If you don't have any body shape altering morph in a dynamic clothing, and simulate the dynamics from unmorphed to morphed in your animation, it'll stretch and move to follow the changing shape. So if you have a morph set to be Post-Transform, it'll consider this change to happen after the simulation, effectively doubling down the shape. Having it set to Pre-Transform should, theoretically, mean that it will consider this morph to already be there while it calculates those deformations.

I remember when I was trying to use the morph tool to make a morph to fix some pokethroughs and ugliness in a simulated clothing piece - as soon as I clicked the clothing to morph it, it was un-simulating. I later discovered that, when creating the morph, it had the "Apply Pre-Transformed" checkbox ticked in the window that asks you for the new morph's name. Ticking it off before creating the new morph allowed me to do this. And that's why we have the option for Pre- and Post-Transforms, annoying and confusing but they're necessary...

- - - - - - 

Feel free to call me Ohki!

Poser Pro 11, Poser 12 and Poser 13, Windows 10, Superfly junkie. My units are milimeters.

Persephone (the computer): AMD Ryzen 9 5900x, RTX 3070 GPU, 96gb ram.

Emilywatson ( ) posted Mon, 06 September 2021 at 5:45 AM

I tried it too. That's why I did. I had been merging fit morphs into all the dynamic clothing However had sold for years this is the first time.

An entrepreneur & voguish grunge accessories.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.