Tue, Apr 23, 11:58 AM CDT

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Apr 23 11:43 am)

Subject: Trying to find DSON Importer for Poser

Marinoff ( ) posted Sat, 04 September 2021 at 10:21 AM · edited Sun, 14 April 2024 at 9:20 PM

Hi I've been searching for a while DSON Importer for Poser and I'm not haing much luck in doing so,I can't even find it on DAZ3d, is there any other way to import DAZ3d over to Poser 11? If you can please point me in the right direction it would be great,Thank you.

hborre ( ) posted Sat, 04 September 2021 at 12:23 PM

It appears that DAZ has completely pulled the product off their website. Which figures are you interested in importing into Poser?

randym77 ( ) posted Sat, 04 September 2021 at 12:41 PM

Never mind, the link I posted still requires DSON. Weird how DAZ has removed it. They still have a DSON to Poser category in their store, but DSON is no longer available?

hborre ( ) posted Sat, 04 September 2021 at 12:54 PM

DSON has become a standard format for DS; individuals providing free content are including that format in their packages.

Marinoff ( ) posted Sat, 04 September 2021 at 8:16 PM

hborre posted at 8:13PM Sat, 04 September 2021 - #4426630

It appears that DAZ has completely pulled the product off their website. Which figures are you interested in importing into Poser?

Well I was planning on buys the Genesis 2 female and her morphs so I can use more than just V4,I don't want to buy it and find out i can't use it,I'm at a bit of a loss here.

Rhia474 ( ) posted Sat, 04 September 2021 at 8:51 PM · edited Sat, 04 September 2021 at 8:51 PM

Poser 11 has several other figures that come with it, why not use those?

Marinoff ( ) posted Sat, 04 September 2021 at 8:54 PM

Well they don't come with a lot of morph targets and theres not that much product out there for them

Rhia474 ( ) posted Sat, 04 September 2021 at 9:03 PM

Depends on what you're looking for in your renders, I guess, fair enough.

randym77 ( ) posted Sat, 04 September 2021 at 9:41 PM

There's some threads about importing DAZ figures into Poser without DSON in the Poser 12 forum. Since DSON doesn't work in Poser 12, and no updates are planned.

You could also just use DAZ Studio. You have to have it installed anyway, to use DSON.

randym77 ( ) posted Sat, 04 September 2021 at 10:05 PM · edited Sat, 04 September 2021 at 10:06 PM

Also...I think the Genesis 2 figures and a bunch of content for them is included free with DAZ Studio. At least, it was the last time I tried DAZ Studio (back when dinosaurs roamed the earth, admittedly). So you could test it out without buying anything. See if BVH export and the other methods Poser 12 users are using will work for you.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.