Tue, Apr 30, 6:06 AM CDT

Welcome to the Carrara Forum

Forum Coordinators: Kalypso

Carrara F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Apr 09 3:53 pm)

Visit the Carrara Gallery here.

Carrara Free Stuff here.

Visit the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Exciting Plugins : HDR Light Domes, PBR

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Mon, 12 April 2021 at 7:11 PM · edited Tue, 30 April 2024 at 5:32 AM

HDR Light Dome

Carrara Cafe plugin-hdr-light-domes/

I only just installed it. Looks exciting. looking forward to exploring it.

did you know quote:
_The main difference between direct and indirect is that all the features of the lighting model (highlight, shadows, SSS, translucency) are used only with direct lighting. Indirect lighting considers all materials as mate, with no SSS, shadowless. _

HDRLightDome_Win64.zip
not sure when the mac version is available

hdrihaven.com/hdris/

PBR Plug in Physically-Based Rendering
need a slot to put your roughness maps?
Carrara Cafe plug-in-pbrlightingmodel/

PBRLighting_OSX64.zip
PBR_Lighting_V2_Beta_win64.zip

freepbr.com/

♥ My Gallery Albums    ♥   My YT   ♥   Party in the CarrarArtists Forum  ♪♪ 10 years of Carrara forum ♥ My FreeStuff

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Tue, 13 April 2021 at 7:27 AM

my vision is poor, i cant judge the lighting difference between a 32k hdr and the 2k version

♥ My Gallery Albums    ♥   My YT   ♥   Party in the CarrarArtists Forum  ♪♪ 10 years of Carrara forum ♥ My FreeStuff

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Tue, 13 April 2021 at 8:57 PM · edited Tue, 13 April 2021 at 8:59 PM

theres height pegs and metallic pegs. dunno how to sort it all.

br folder.PNG

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Fri, 16 April 2021 at 3:18 AM

AW NO, thought i was saving the jpgs internally. i already deleted them.

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Fri, 16 April 2021 at 9:18 AM

still awake. playing rendering for 14 hours straight, i need an ice cream.

Rock Arch Beach Sunset (2m) 4k.hdr.png

mauiA.png

Doc7.png

a girl's runtime cant have too many thrones. tried out some of the pbr shaders from https://freepbr.com/

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Sun, 18 April 2021 at 6:46 AM

The PBR plugin has an import feature.

browse to the flder with the set of jpgs it automatically assigns them to the channel.pbr height.PNG

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Wed, 28 April 2021 at 5:30 AM

before and after adding the hdr lightdome

The Watering Hole

watering hole.png

watering hole3 hdr light dome.png

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Wed, 28 April 2021 at 2:34 PM

is a pita gallery doesnt allow pngs

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Sun, 02 May 2021 at 8:22 PM

is there a way to embed the hdr in the background preset?

or a relative path to find it in the current folder?

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Sun, 09 May 2021 at 8:02 AM

amazingly awe sine plug in, i drag and dropped the iray mat thumbnail to the effects tab, it imported the iray pbr shader for the whole figure in one step.

duf import.JPG

. . this is the ava standalone female character by vyusur . .

ava2260.jpg

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Sun, 09 May 2021 at 8:07 AM

for more shader tools, there is a fenric plug in out there. shader tweaker,

makes fixing common shader issues with older poser content painlessshader tweaker.JPG

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Mon, 10 May 2021 at 2:06 PM

is there such a thing as pbr fire?

i cant make a good looking fireplace

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Wed, 19 May 2021 at 8:59 AM

found that rotating the hdr image as little as 40 degrees can dramatically change the lighting

donkey AutumnFalls01.hdr rotate 90 degree.jpg

AutumnFalls01.hdr rotate 90 degree.jpg

green fields.jpg

green fields  HDRI 011 Spring 11am Green Fields I.hdr.jpg

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Thu, 20 May 2021 at 4:02 PM

what doees consolidate shader do exactly?

so if i load 5 dragons and they all using the same displacement map, does carrara consolidate down to 1 bump map?

WendyLuvsCatz ( ) posted Thu, 20 May 2021 at 6:05 PM

it sometimes removes duplicate identical shaders, not always if have different names but with preloading Duf and Poser runtime files or importing .car files with duplicated stuff it can help reduce the baggage.

YouTube Channel

Dreaming Kitty Channel

Tom R. Toe

My ArtyFarty AI channel

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Fri, 21 May 2021 at 9:44 PM

still practicing with pbr. started using the displacement channelmedv brick 01.jpg

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Fri, 28 May 2021 at 4:40 AM

trying a ground cover pbr set. needs high tiling on terrains.
ground cover pbr.jpg

WendyLuvsCatz ( ) posted Fri, 28 May 2021 at 1:10 PM · edited Fri, 28 May 2021 at 1:11 PM

I usually put a mask in the blend channel of a mix operator to break up tiling, marble or one of the noise options works well, you can mix a different texture or the same one tiled differently and rotated, you need to use the same operator and values for all the channels of your shader. Also make your infinite plane mesh fairly big as it itself tiles.

YouTube Channel

Dreaming Kitty Channel

Tom R. Toe

My ArtyFarty AI channel

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Fri, 28 May 2021 at 2:27 PM

thanks. was wondering how to break up the tiling. the seamless option didnlt look any better.

i replicated the regular size plane on a grid 25 times. and converted to geometry

set came with albedo, normal, and displacement. dunno if is ever a good idea to put subdivision on displacement.

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Sat, 29 May 2021 at 12:11 PM

surface replication awry. sigh some sank some floated

WendyLuvsCatz ( ) posted Sat, 29 May 2021 at 12:19 PM
MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Thu, 03 June 2021 at 5:00 AM

used the pbr shader plugin even tho character don't have any pbr maps

lara1.jpg

UnifiedBrain ( ) posted Thu, 03 June 2021 at 12:19 PM

Misty, do you no longer have a store here?

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Thu, 03 June 2021 at 2:38 PM · edited Thu, 03 June 2021 at 2:40 PM

Technically I do, its just empty at the moment.
Interest i in G3 seems to have died.

I'm working on an 8.1 female character. Tweaking a layers/blend mix shader for make up and tattoos.

The 8.1 free presets are here https://www.renderosity.com/freestuff/items/88523/carrara-presets-for-genesis-81

UnifiedBrain ( ) posted Thu, 03 June 2021 at 3:21 PM

This is puzzling. Does it cost you anything to leave the characters in the store? It seems to me that you have repeatedly criticized Daz for vaulting characters and other products unnecessarily. Now you are doing the same thing?

I'm sorry that I have not bought your G3 characters yet. I am typically slow to add newer characters, as there is so much left to explore with the old ones. But that doesn't mean that I won't eventually buy them.

Of course, they have to be available first... :)

PS - I am at least a year away from even desiring to load 8.0, much less 8.1. But your efforts in that direction are always appreciated.

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Thu, 03 June 2021 at 9:15 PM

Janette and Johnathon, i could bring them back if there is still interest. mebbe as a more complete character set will make them look more interesting.

UnifiedBrain ( ) posted Thu, 03 June 2021 at 10:47 PM

What do you mean by "a more complete character set?" If I wasn't interested, I wouldn't be asking. :)

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Fri, 04 June 2021 at 9:02 AM

like, give them a distinguishable character face

UnifiedBrain ( ) posted Fri, 04 June 2021 at 11:20 AM

I thought that the great benefit of your "preset" (which I still don't understand exactly what that is) was that you could now load any Genesis 3 character into Carrara. It seems to me that changing it to a specific feature set would make it less attractive to the buyer. Maybe I am misunderstanding?

WendyLuvsCatz ( ) posted Sat, 05 June 2021 at 4:25 AM · edited Sat, 05 June 2021 at 4:26 AM

Shantara

I render spherical images in the plugin using iray then convert them to HDR in Gimp

YouTube Channel

Dreaming Kitty Channel

Tom R. Toe

My ArtyFarty AI channel

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Mon, 14 June 2021 at 5:15 AM

am i so wrong?

had a couple debates on pbr shaders.

some people seem to think all iray shaders are pbr.

to me, if it doesnt have roughness, normal, height, metallic, its not pbr. roughness at the miminum.

??

ds didnt have pbr until the 4.11 version, so why would the older iray stuff be pbr

WendyLuvsCatz ( ) posted Mon, 14 June 2021 at 6:19 AM

Its a DAZ Forum not Polycount or CGtalk ??

they only think in terms of DAZ studio, hell they think HDR is a DAZ thing, we were rocking the IBL long before D|S existed

Bryce too, amateurs they are

YouTube Channel

Dreaming Kitty Channel

Tom R. Toe

My ArtyFarty AI channel

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.