Sun, Jun 16, 1:48 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jun 15 9:36 pm)

Subject: LaFemme - Great huge enormous thigh gap

SamTherapy ( ) posted Sat, 01 February 2020 at 10:38 AM · edited Fri, 14 June 2024 at 1:03 AM

Is there any way of reducing this, other than making her legs elephantine? Most women I know - even the slim ones don't have a thigh gap you could drive a bus through.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

SamTherapy ( ) posted Sat, 01 February 2020 at 10:51 AM

BTW, I have the full version of LF plus the MR Body Kit so I have quite a few morph options to go at.

My Store

My Gallery

LeeMoon ( ) posted Sat, 01 February 2020 at 11:23 AM

I think there's an inner thigh morph in the MR Body Kit. It might bulk up the thighs too much unless you can use some other thigh morphs to compensate. Also look at overriding the dial limits to add some negative values if needed. I do that a little with L'Homme and the various La Femme morph packs that I've injected into him.

Hope that helps a little.

Lee

SamTherapy ( ) posted Sat, 01 February 2020 at 11:40 AM

Yep, I used those but to get to a realistic looking thigh gap the legs balloon up to ridiculous proportions. There really needs to be additional "Groin" morphs to pull in the very top of the thighs around the area of the vulva.

My Store

My Gallery

CHK2033 ( ) posted Sat, 01 February 2020 at 11:57 AM

I needed that also so doing one for myself on the default LaFemme in a few (later today) will send the morph your way if you like.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

HP Zbook 17 G6,  intel Xeon  64 GB of ram 1 TB SSD, Quadro RTX 5000 

SamTherapy ( ) posted Sat, 01 February 2020 at 12:28 PM

CHK2033 posted at 6:28PM Sat, 01 February 2020 - #4378547

I needed that also so doing one for myself on the default LaFemme in a few (later today) will send the morph your way if you like.

That's very kind of you. I'll PM you my email address.

My Store

My Gallery

SamTherapy ( ) posted Sat, 01 February 2020 at 12:37 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

For anyone who doesn't know what the problem is, take a look at the image I uploaded. The arrow shows the area that needs to be moved inwards

LFExample.jpg

My Store

My Gallery

Retrowave ( ) posted Sat, 01 February 2020 at 1:50 PM

Don't suppose it matters as you're getting a morph done, but have you tried selecting the thigh and adjusting the X-Scale dial? Not technically a morph, but still a valid adjustment.

SamTherapy ( ) posted Sat, 01 February 2020 at 2:55 PM

The morph CHK2033 created works perfectly. The X scale dial farts about with the whole limb, so not a really useful solution.

Once again, Chuck, many thanks!

My Store

My Gallery

Retrowave ( ) posted Sat, 01 February 2020 at 3:19 PM

Depends on the figure, how the weight map transitions are setup, so on some figures it works ok, some not. Personally I would have just clicked on the Morph Brush built into Poser!

jartz ( ) posted Sat, 01 February 2020 at 3:30 PM

I would be interested in one.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Asus N50-600 - Intel Core i5-8400 CPU @ 2.80GHz · Windows 10 Home/11 upgrade 64-bit · 16GB DDR4 RAM · 1TB SSD and 1TB HDD; Graphics: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1060 - 6GB GDDR5 VRAM; Software: Poser Pro 11x

RobZhena ( ) posted Sun, 02 February 2020 at 3:42 AM

CHK2033 posted at 4:41AM Sun, 02 February 2020 - #4378547

Could you post a freebie. You get Rendo points toward purchases.

Razor42 ( ) posted Sun, 02 February 2020 at 5:17 AM

There's a joke in here somewhere.

'Bridge seller seeks to close the divide...'

Retrowave ( ) posted Sun, 02 February 2020 at 5:32 AM

😆

Retrowave ( ) posted Sun, 02 February 2020 at 5:40 AM

BTW, I only hope Hameleon never spots this thread. Hameleon is king of the thigh gap if his pose promos are anything to go by, and I'm guessing this thread would pretty much constitute heresy 😁

Razor42 ( ) posted Sun, 02 February 2020 at 5:53 AM

I guess all morphs are good morphs.

The mesh has infinite possibilities.

Afrodite-Ohki ( ) posted Sun, 02 February 2020 at 6:09 AM

Razor42 posted at 8:09AM Sun, 02 February 2020 - #4378623

There's a joke in here somewhere.

'Bridge seller seeks to close the divide...'

Oh nooo HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

- - - - - - 

Feel free to call me Ohki!

Poser Pro 11, Poser 12 and Poser 13, Windows 10, Superfly junkie. My units are milimeters.

Persephone (the computer): AMD Ryzen 9 5900x, RTX 3070 GPU, 96gb ram.

SamTherapy ( ) posted Sun, 02 February 2020 at 6:18 AM

😂

My Store

My Gallery

Glitterati3D ( ) posted Sun, 02 February 2020 at 7:40 AM

Sorry, Sam......comparing her to Dawn and V4, the gap just doesn't exist any more than it does in those 2.

I know you're use to Ms. Queen of Thunder Thighs herself (V4) but don't pick on La Femme just because she's thin and graceful!!!!!!!!!

Afrodite-Ohki ( ) posted Sun, 02 February 2020 at 7:48 AM

Now now - the more options for our girl, the better. An extra morph is great - specially now that everyone who uses LF has that Copy Morphs From tool to get those morphs into the clothing easily :D

- - - - - - 

Poser Pro 11, Poser 12 and Poser 13, Windows 10, Superfly junkie. My units are milimeters.

ThunderStone ( ) posted Sun, 02 February 2020 at 8:18 AM

CHK2033, I could use it also. Thanks in advance.

===========================================================

Poser: Poser 11.3 ...... Units: inches or meters depends on mood
Bryce: Bryce Pro 7.1.074
Image Editing: Corel Paintshop Pro
Renderer: Superfly, Firefly

9/11/2001: Never forget...

Smiles are contagious... Pass it on!

Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday

Glitterati3D ( ) posted Sun, 02 February 2020 at 8:25 AM

Afrodite-Ohki posted at 9:25AM Sun, 02 February 2020 - #4378649

Now now - the more options for our girl, the better. An extra morph is great - specially now that everyone who uses LF has that Copy Morphs From tool to get those morphs into the clothing easily :D

I was kidding Sam. Somebody's gotta do it, no?

:-)

Afrodite-Ohki ( ) posted Sun, 02 February 2020 at 8:31 AM

Glitterati3D posted at 10:30AM Sun, 02 February 2020 - #4378653

Pfff leave Bridger alone!

image.png

- - - - - - 

Glitterati3D ( ) posted Sun, 02 February 2020 at 9:09 AM

Afrodite-Ohki posted at 10:08AM Sun, 02 February 2020 - #4378654

Glitterati3D posted at 10:30AM Sun, 02 February 2020 - #4378653

Pfff leave Bridger alone!

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

SamTherapy ( ) posted Sun, 02 February 2020 at 9:35 AM

Glitterati3D posted at 3:33PM Sun, 02 February 2020 - #4378646

Sorry, Sam......comparing her to Dawn and V4, the gap just doesn't exist any more than it does in those 2.

I know you're use to Ms. Queen of Thunder Thighs herself (V4) but don't pick on La Femme just because she's thin and graceful!!!!!!!!!

My ex wife was a dancer, worked out every day and didn't have a gap you could fly a plane through.

Even so, if you try tp bulk up LF the gap stays, which ain't right.

My Store

My Gallery

CHK2033 ( ) posted Sun, 02 February 2020 at 9:47 AM · edited Sun, 02 February 2020 at 9:51 AM

RobZhena posted at 9:37AM Sun, 02 February 2020 - #4378616

CHK2033 posted at 4:41AM Sun, 02 February 2020 - #4378547

Could you post a freebie. You get Rendo points toward purchases.

Ya, That is the plan....just not yet though, there are other tiny things as well so might as well knock those all out at once, (plus I need to twist pull and push her in every possible way to make sure anything I did doesn't affect the way the figure was made or shaped.) Just a complete tweak. I guess?, what ever.. it's too early to be social I need some coffee. 😴

Afrodite-Ohki ( ) posted Sun, 02 February 2020 at 10:39 AM

Base figures tend to have gaps like that because that makes it MUCH easier to create clothing over that.

Might have been good to supply a morph to get rid of the gap with the base figure - but hey, the community is here to create stuff to add to figures, right?

- - - - - - 

Penguinisto ( ) posted Tue, 04 February 2020 at 10:39 PM

Query: Does Poser still have the "Taper" dial? Thinking you might tweak the Hip with it...

(that or you're gonna have to get jiggy with at least two little magnets, possibly four...)

Afrodite-Ohki ( ) posted Wed, 05 February 2020 at 3:40 AM

I don't remember seeing taper dials for years, but they might be there gone hidden and I wasn't paying attention.

Morph Brush tool is much easier for this than magnets though ?

- - - - - - 

SamTherapy ( ) posted Wed, 05 February 2020 at 4:24 AM

Even if the taper dials weren't present, I could unhide 'em, I guess. Any road up, the morph by CHK2033 worked perfectly.

Retrowave suggested the morph brush but I wouldn't use it because I wanted something that's simple to use (dial control) and anyhow, I'm useless with the morph brush.

My Store

My Gallery

Afrodite-Ohki ( ) posted Wed, 05 February 2020 at 4:31 AM

Yeah I'll bet the morph by CHK works well. :)

These small community aids are the reason why I said in another thread that I think Bondware wanted to get functions like Copy Morphs From in everyone's hand - without that, such a morph would have solved your problem but created another (how to get that into the clothing too?). Made the job of content creators much easier by having everyone be able to use that 😁

- - - - - - 

SamTherapy ( ) posted Wed, 05 February 2020 at 6:50 AM

Quite so, Ohki. Copy Morphs has given old clothes a new lease of life.

My Store

My Gallery

Glitterati3D ( ) posted Wed, 05 February 2020 at 6:58 AM

Afrodite-Ohki posted at 7:58AM Wed, 05 February 2020 - #4379109

I don't remember seeing taper dials for years, but they might be there gone hidden and I wasn't paying attention.

Taper is still there. Jose Silva uses it in his male figure for La Femme.

Afrodite-Ohki ( ) posted Wed, 05 February 2020 at 9:05 AM

Glitterati3D posted at 11:05AM Wed, 05 February 2020 - #4379130

Afrodite-Ohki posted at 7:58AM Wed, 05 February 2020 - #4379109

Taper is still there. Jose Silva uses it in his male figure for La Femme.

Ah good to know!

- - - - - - 

Penguinisto ( ) posted Wed, 05 February 2020 at 9:38 AM

SamTherapy posted at 7:37AM Wed, 05 February 2020 - #4379129

Quite so, Ohki. Copy Morphs has given old clothes a new lease of life.

It'd be a great way to transfer morphs from figure to figure as well if they build it right...

CHK2033 ( ) posted Wed, 05 February 2020 at 9:53 AM · edited Wed, 05 February 2020 at 9:57 AM

SamTherapy posted at 9:30AM Wed, 05 February 2020 - #4379114

Even if the taper dials weren't present, I could unhide 'em, I guess. Any road up, the morph by CHK2033 worked perfectly.

Retrowave suggested the morph brush but I wouldn't use it because I wanted something that's simple to use (dial control) and anyhow, I'm useless with the morph brush.

Thanks Sam, I changed it from what I sent you (Sam is/was one of my secret tester so secret, he didn't even know 😝 ) Anyway the new one just places her Legs closer together(not by building up the mesh but by actually moving the legs closer together) uploaded that one a few hours ago, so maybe it'll go live today. the one I sent you I need to pack up properly and will upload that one as well,and some other stuff I did which is floating around this hd, before I nuke it all and return back to full time VFX elsewhere. Thanks 😄

SamTherapy ( ) posted Wed, 05 February 2020 at 10:19 AM

Hehe. Right you are, mate. It's great being a guinea pig; good hours and all the carrots you can eat. 😁

My Store

My Gallery

SamTherapy ( ) posted Thu, 06 February 2020 at 11:57 AM

A few thoughts regarding the new morph:

At present, the thing is set with a Max and Min limit of 1. In use, you can either have it on or removed, which may not be the ideal solution for some uses. Altering the limits allows you to dial in any value lower than 1, or set to 0 to keep the morph loaded but inactive. Using it at around 0.5 along with the other morph at a low value works well.

My Store

My Gallery

ratscloset ( ) posted Thu, 06 February 2020 at 6:49 PM

I have not done much human modeling work in some time, but there are two factors..

One is the reference source for the figure.... As an old subscriber to Photo Resource Sites, I have a collection of various real world people in a state of undress and unless they are Rubenesque, there is a gap of various levels... LaFemme seems to be a bit more than average, but not the biggest gap.

Two is the pose...The feet apart T Pose used will accentuate this gap.

That brings me to my observation.. A Morph may help get the results the OP was seeking, even if the gap could be realistic... I did notice that the Hip Joint does not allow you to bring the feet together or the knees together easily. This two could be due to the reference, but most models I have dealt with can bring their thighs, knees, and or ankles together. The closest I was able to get was adding a 8 to 10 degree on the thigh (negative on the Left) and about -10 on the lower leg (Positive on the right) This got the knees to touch leaving a small gap on the thighs opening to a triangle at the juncture with the Hip Body Part. This matches with some of the Reference Photos I have as well for the more slender of the models

ratscloset
aka John

EClark1894 ( ) posted Thu, 06 February 2020 at 7:49 PM · edited Thu, 06 February 2020 at 7:51 PM

ratscloset posted at 8:44PM Thu, 06 February 2020 - #4379375

I have not done much human modeling work in some time, but there are two factors..

One is the reference source for the figure.... As an old subscriber to Photo Resource Sites, I have a collection of various real world people in a state of undress and unless they are Rubenesque, there is a gap of various levels... LaFemme seems to be a bit more than average, but not the biggest gap.

Two is the pose...The feet apart T Pose used will accentuate this gap.

That brings me to my observation.. A Morph may help get the results the OP was seeking, even if the gap could be realistic... I did notice that the Hip Joint does not allow you to bring the feet together or the knees together easily. This two could be due to the reference, but most models I have dealt with can bring their thighs, knees, and or ankles together. The closest I was able to get was adding a 8 to 10 degree on the thigh (negative on the Left) and about -10 on the lower leg (Positive on the right) This got the knees to touch leaving a small gap on the thighs opening to a triangle at the juncture with the Hip Body Part. This matches with some of the Reference Photos I have as well for the more slender of the models

I don't think standing with thighs, knees and ankles together is a natural pose, and a lot of people, are bow-legged or knock-kneed.

Anyway, here's an image I found that may help. Judging from this image and the one of La Femme, I'd say she was bow-legged. 😃

image.png

ratscloset ( ) posted Thu, 06 February 2020 at 10:28 PM

I said... and or Meaning one or more touching... From Bow legged to Knock-Knee and everything in between.

In my reference.. if you take most Poser Figures, including LaFemme and move the thighs towards center until something touches, it is often the side of the feet, maybe ankles using a Zeroed Figure.

ratscloset
aka John

CHK2033 ( ) posted Thu, 06 February 2020 at 10:45 PM · edited Thu, 06 February 2020 at 10:46 PM

ratscloset posted at 10:39PM Thu, 06 February 2020 - #4379384

I said... and or Meaning one or more touching... From Bow legged to Knock-Knee and everything in between.

In my reference.. if you take most Poser Figures, including LaFemme and move the thighs towards center until something touches, it is often the side of the feet, maybe ankles using a Zeroed Figure.

her thighs would touch first,probably ok for end users but seems like it would be a pita for anyone creating clothes (pants) for her though

thighs.jpg

EClark1894 ( ) posted Fri, 07 February 2020 at 12:16 PM

Not really. I often export the figure object from Poser to Blender and model around that to fit. You can export a posed figure from Poser as well. I've done that with Dusk in a seated position.

Retrowave ( ) posted Fri, 07 February 2020 at 12:43 PM

EClark1894 posted at 12:32PM Fri, 07 February 2020 - #4379379

image.png

To me, Figure #1 looks most natural, but I can understand why vendors would choose Figure #4 for technical reasons, and I suppose she would still pass for natural. Figure #2 looks as if she has twisted shins, and Figure #3 looks like she's in urgent need of a toilet!

EClark1894 ( ) posted Fri, 07 February 2020 at 1:01 PM

Although I do suppose that with thighs like Chk2033 created, you'll hear the sounds of fabric rubbing against itself as she walks down a hallway.

CHK2033 ( ) posted Fri, 07 February 2020 at 2:17 PM · edited Fri, 07 February 2020 at 2:26 PM

EClark1894 posted at 2:01PM Fri, 07 February 2020 - #4379440

Although I do suppose that with thighs like Chk2033 created, you'll hear the sounds of fabric rubbing against itself as she walks down a hallway.

No, I didnt "create" the thighs, who ever modeled the figure did, all I did was move the legs closer together to show that her ankles or feet are not whats going to touch first. for that to happen you would have to rotate from the shin (and feet) to straighten that to give her a look like in the images you posted (the first 2) and even then I dont think it would happen because I never seen a real woman with a completely straight vertical inner thigh like those pics unless their extremely thin, but that would also then be the case on the outside as well

Untitled.png

structure ( ) posted Sat, 08 February 2020 at 1:04 AM
Forum Coordinator

thanks chk2033 - nice job - and she wears trousers / leggings just fine.

Locked Out

movida ( ) posted Sat, 08 February 2020 at 7:36 AM

chk2033 your thigh morph is great - thank you so much

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.