Sat, Jun 15, 6:22 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jun 14 3:49 pm)

Subject: WIP - L'Homme Community Request Morph Pack

Afrodite-Ohki ( ) posted Fri, 03 January 2020 at 5:28 AM

Yeah, quite a lot can be done with him using LF's morphs :)

- - - - - -ย 

Feel free to call me Ohki!

Poser Pro 11, Poser 12 and Poser 13, Windows 10, Superfly junkie. My units are milimeters.

Persephone (the computer): AMD Ryzen 9 5900x, RTX 3070 GPU, 96gb ram.

RobZhena ( ) posted Mon, 06 January 2020 at 5:00 AM

Hey, by the way, my freebie La Femme Comic Book Expressions also works on L'Homme.

Afrodite-Ohki ( ) posted Mon, 06 January 2020 at 9:53 AM

RobZhena posted at 11:52AM Mon, 06 January 2020 - #4375601

Hey, by the way, my freebie La Femme Comic Book Expressions also works on L'Homme.

Ooh good to know!

By the way, I haven't been updating here these days because I've been working on finishing up another product. Should get back to this soon :)

- - - - - -ย 

Poser Pro 11, Poser 12 and Poser 13, Windows 10, Superfly junkie. My units are milimeters.

Retrowave ( ) posted Mon, 06 January 2020 at 10:19 AM

Hey Ohki, don't forget to use the old muscle definition trick using a smoothing brush, they always make for a handy morph.

Afrodite-Ohki ( ) posted Mon, 06 January 2020 at 10:45 AM

Retrowave posted at 12:45PM Mon, 06 January 2020 - #4375629

Hey Ohki, don't forget to use the old muscle definition trick using a smoothing brush, they always make for a handy morph.

Not sure what you mean there!

- - - - - -ย 

Retrowave ( ) posted Mon, 06 January 2020 at 12:07 PM

Imagine you have L'Homme loaded with the muscles dialed-in. Now, you take a very broad smoothing brush with little power, and slowly soften how clearly defined all the muscles are. You do this over the whole muscular area of the body until you get to a point where you can still tell there is a muscle there, but only just, and the definition between the muscles are pretty much smoothed out.

Once you have that done over the whole muscular area of the body, you need to dial the original muscle morphs back to zero. This will leave the figure looking a bit odd, but regardless, what you do now is save the figure's full body morph.

Now, imagine you included that morph in your pack, here's how it works. The user is able to use and dial-in any combination of muscle morphs, just as they normally would, but on top of that, they now have your full body morph, and as they spin the dial, it results in a live transformation of the whole body, it allows people to dial-in the smoothing-out of muscle definition. It 'smoothes-over' their other morphs and makes the figure look a lot less rigid and plastic.

Maybe I shouldn't have called it an old trick, but it's a trick I've used for years, works wonders on any muscular figure you apply it to, because think about it, wherever you leave the dial, whatever you see would normally have needed to be done manually at a different intensity. So being able to just dial in any amount of intensity, is one of the best morphs a muscular figure could have, and you'll always use it once you've tried it. You'll find yourself squinting at the screen as you adjust the balance between it and whatever other muscle morphs you have going on in the figure.

Afrodite-Ohki ( ) posted Mon, 06 January 2020 at 1:19 PM

Sounds like something that would only work on specific morphs at a time - as LH/LF have a generally square topology, various muscle morphs by different creators wouldn't morph the exact same polys.

And because he doesn't have a dedicated muscle morph pack yet, and I will likely not include one - I don't know detailed anatomy nearly well enough to attempt something like that - I don't think it would be feasible to include such a thing in this pack :)

- - - - - -ย 

Retrowave ( ) posted Mon, 06 January 2020 at 1:55 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

Ah, sorry, I thought the muscle stuff I was seeing was part of the figure or a muscle add-on or something, I mean the muscles must come from somewhere. But anyway, was just an idea. I do it as a matter of routine with every figure I use, even non-muscular, I even did it to Roxie, that's why she looks a little smoother and fatter in the abdomen and around the clavicle than she normally would. It also helps (sometimes) to make bends and awkward angles look smoother.

9AD7DCDE-6A1F-4358-BE56-8CDD40A91A28.jpeg

Afrodite-Ohki ( ) posted Mon, 06 January 2020 at 2:35 PM

Oh you meant the very subtle muscles that come packed with him? xD Well. I could try, I guess.

- - - - - -ย 

Retrowave ( ) posted Mon, 06 January 2020 at 2:45 PM

Sorry, I just realised the muscle images I was thinking of were for another figure. I was thinking of those muscle-men images LeeMoon posted, but it's a different figure - duh!

For some reason I thought it was from this thread ๐Ÿ˜Š

Afrodite-Ohki ( ) posted Mon, 06 January 2020 at 2:54 PM

LeeMoon's renders right above in this thread are L'Homme, but with some of his morphs and scales tinkered with :) Do you mean other pictures LeeMoon posted elsewhere?

- - - - - -ย 

Retrowave ( ) posted Mon, 06 January 2020 at 3:40 PM

It was the "Creating Figures with Muscles" thread. He posted some images where the figures had very defined musculature, but I thought I'd seen them in this thread. That's why I thought the smoothing morph would work over those muscle morphs to great effect (which of course it would), but it was Dusk he was using, not L'Homme.

It must be due to the muscle stuff posted in this thread as well, I just got confused ๐Ÿ˜„

LeeMoon ( ) posted Mon, 06 January 2020 at 6:22 PM ยท edited Mon, 06 January 2020 at 6:24 PM

I've sent a sitemail to RPublishing to ask about distributing my "Lee Homme" pose file for L'Homme. This is the one that only uses L'Homme Pro's included morphs (plus some scaling and control chip adjustments.) If it's permissible to do so, I'll put it up in Freestuff.

For folks that want to use this body/head shape as a starting point with L'Homme (or as-is.) I may split his head morph from his body morph if there's any interest in "Lee Homme" to begin with. LOL.

Lee

Excuse the low quality sample render. I was in a hurry just now. ๐Ÿ˜€

LeeHommeSample1.jpg

Briefs are from Femme Fatale set and the hair is the Business Hair for Dusk.

jartz ( ) posted Mon, 06 January 2020 at 9:56 PM

LeeMoon posted at 9:56PM Mon, 06 January 2020 - #4375722

I've sent a sitemail to RPublishing to ask about distributing my "Lee Homme" pose file for L'Homme. This is the one that only uses L'Homme Pro's included morphs (plus some scaling and control chip adjustments.) If it's permissible to do so, I'll put it up in Freestuff.

For folks that want to use this body/head shape as a starting point with L'Homme (or as-is.) I may split his head morph from his body morph if there's any interest in "Lee Homme" to begin with. LOL.

Lee

Excuse the low quality sample render. I was in a hurry just now. ๐Ÿ˜€

LeeHommeSample1.jpg

Briefs are from Femme Fatale set and the hair is the Business Hair for Dusk.

That's quite good. I'm interested to try it out.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Asus N50-600ย - Intel Core i5-8400 CPU @ 2.80GHz ยท Windows 10 Home/11 upgrade 64-bit ยท 16GB DDR4 RAM ยท 1TB SSD and 1TB HDD; Graphics: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1060 - 6GB GDDR5 VRAM; Software: Poser Pro 11x

LeeMoon ( ) posted Tue, 07 January 2020 at 12:01 PM

jartz posted at 11:57AM Tue, 07 January 2020 - #4375752

That's quite good. I'm interested to try it out.

Thank you, jartz!

I'm waiting to hear from RPublishing on acceptable use of the morph dial settings. As soon as I do, I'll put this in Free Stuff.

I'd also love to have more morphs to further enhance and adjust L'Homme's default shape. I'm sure those will come along soon enough. L'Homme is so new, everyone hasn't had enough time to use him extensively. ๐Ÿ˜€

Lee

LeeMoon ( ) posted Tue, 07 January 2020 at 12:07 PM

This is a side by side comparison of L'Homme's default shape, L'Homme Pro using his morphs, minor body part scaling, and control chips, and finally, L'Homme Pro with additional La Femme morphs applied. The version shown in the middle is the one I'll (hopefully) be making available as a pose file.

L'Homme is already looking good out of the box, but can certainly benefit from the talents of our amazing vendors and other enthusiastic customers.

Lee

LHommeMorphComparo1A.jpg

Afrodite-Ohki ( ) posted Tue, 07 January 2020 at 4:07 PM

Hopefully you could distribute all of them! If they're just dial numbers, with no actual morph information, you should be fine ๐Ÿ˜„ (But yeah, better wait on that reply.)

- - - - - -ย 

LeeMoon ( ) posted Tue, 07 January 2020 at 6:22 PM

Afrodite-Ohki posted at 6:13PM Tue, 07 January 2020 - #4375831

Hopefully you could distribute all of them! If they're just dial numbers, with no actual morph information, you should be fine ๐Ÿ˜„ (But yeah, better wait on that reply.)

I am only using the parameter dials to create the "Lee Homme" body and head shapes. I think I'm fine with doing it that way. One reason I've saved the settings as a simple pose file is so others can adjust the dials to their liking and not necessarily use Lee Homme as-is. I do admit I'm a bit biased -- I like the look of Lee Homme better than the default setting, but that's true of almost every default character. LOL!

We'll see what RPublishing says and go from there. Hopefully, I'll get a reply soon. ๐Ÿ˜€

Lee

LeeMoon ( ) posted Wed, 08 January 2020 at 10:34 AM

I've heard from the always awesome Jenn regarding my pose file/parameter dial settings for L'Homme and submitted it to Free Stuff.

I hope it's of use to folks. ๐Ÿ˜€

LeeHommePromoThumbnail1.jpg

Afrodite-Ohki ( ) posted Wed, 08 January 2020 at 12:54 PM

I know I'll be getting it! Thanks!

- - - - - -ย 

LeeMoon ( ) posted Wed, 08 January 2020 at 3:05 PM

Afrodite-Ohki posted at 3:03PM Wed, 08 January 2020 - #4375909

I know I'll be getting it! Thanks!

Thank you, Afrodite-Ohki! Lee Homme appeared in Free Stuff just a few minutes ago. I hope he's useful. ๐Ÿ˜€

Lee

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.