Sat, Jun 1, 1:01 AM CDT

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 May 31 7:45 pm)

Subject: Congratulations Bondware/Renderosity

Glitterati3D ( ) posted Thu, 19 September 2019 at 7:02 AM · edited Fri, 31 May 2024 at 9:37 AM

and all the staff who worked so hard, day and night, to pull this miracle off!

Poser's future is brighter than it has ever been today.

(And, no, I'm not forgetting the programmers and the beta testers and all that effort. Just saying, Bondware/Renderosity deserve their own moment in the sun today.)

willdial ( ) posted Thu, 19 September 2019 at 8:59 AM

Thank you for all your hard work. You have given us one thing that we have not had in a long time: Hope.

RobZhena ( ) posted Thu, 19 September 2019 at 9:03 AM

That's for sure! Thanks to Jenn Blake personally (she seemed to personally fix half the things that came up), the entire dev team, and the beta testers, including Glitterati 3D. And thanks for the opportunity to help out a bit as an early adopter.

Afrodite-Ohki ( ) posted Thu, 19 September 2019 at 9:17 AM

Congratulations and THANK YOU for all those involved in this release! Here's to hoping Poser has lots of success from now on 😄

- - - - - - 

Feel free to call me Ohki!

Poser Pro 11, Poser 12 and Poser 13, Windows 10, Superfly junkie. My units are milimeters.

Persephone (the computer): AMD Ryzen 9 5900x, RTX 3070 GPU, 96gb ram.

Glitterati3D ( ) posted Thu, 19 September 2019 at 9:21 AM

We really have to give them credit - 1 day shy of 3 months since they announced the purchase of Poser and they pulled off a minor miracle with what should be a new version and offered it free as an SR. That's some getting your a** in gear!

In this short period of time, they pulled together a programming team, a beta testing team, and a software management team all while running a thriving enterprise and managing customer and vendor expectations.

Whew, it makes me exhausted just thinking about it!! :-)

LeeMoon ( ) posted Thu, 19 September 2019 at 9:22 AM

Thank you to all who have made the Poser Pro 11.2 update a reality today! And all those who are supporting all of us eager customers in getting it all downloaded, installed, and running. The Bondware and Renderosity teams, Content Developers, Beta Testers, Early Adopters, and all others who have helped in this monumental effort are to be congratulated for all the extraordinarily hard work and long hours they've put in. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!

infinity10 ( ) posted Thu, 19 September 2019 at 10:28 AM

Nice work. My upgrade went smoothly. The software is working fine. Kudos.

Eternal Hobbyist

SamTherapy ( ) posted Thu, 19 September 2019 at 1:49 PM

Mine seems to be working OK, despite the weird "Trial Version" message.

Some really nice content, too. Much better than most of the stuff included in older versions. I could see me using it, as opposed to piling it all in one folder out of the way.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

movida ( ) posted Thu, 19 September 2019 at 3:06 PM

Me too and a special thank you to Jenn Blake for help with licensing bitching :)

SeanMartin ( ) posted Thu, 19 September 2019 at 3:29 PM

THIS.

IS.

AWESOME!

Seriously, I realize this is pretty much a bridge version, but I've already found a number of issues from 11 that were corrected, and many thanks for that. And all the content! Yikes! Amazing stuff all around.

docandraider.com -- the collected cartoons of Doc and Raider

samsiahaija ( ) posted Thu, 19 September 2019 at 4:22 PM

A big thank you to the programmers, organization team and the content providers. Most impressive, most generous! Got the update downloaded, installed and running without any difficulties.

quietrob ( ) posted Thu, 19 September 2019 at 10:34 PM

This isn't my first migration but it's my first switchover upgrade. I don't know how it went the former owners of Poser but this one went well. Nothing is perfect. Of course there are hiccups and such but as I said in another thread. Well done! 😁

rokket ( ) posted Fri, 20 September 2019 at 1:10 AM

So.... We can download it now???

If I had a nickle for ever time a woman told me to get lost, I could buy Manhattan.

quietrob ( ) posted Fri, 20 September 2019 at 2:42 AM

LOL! Dude, you missed all the fun! But you sure can. Get your license number from your account and go Here.

blackbonner ( ) posted Fri, 20 September 2019 at 4:01 AM

Thank you very much for your great work to make Poser become alive again. I can't wait to get home and start fiddling around with all the new stuff and create some renders. Hope you have a little celebration there at Renderosity, you deserve it for sure!

Rhia474 ( ) posted Fri, 20 September 2019 at 9:06 AM

I'd like to add my thank yous to the choir. While I am a newcomer as an active poster but been using Poser versions for over 10 years now, I was impressed with the generosity of the new content donations and the speed with which it all was pulled together. Undoubtedly it will be a bumpy road as there are so many versions and individual customizations (to say nothing about the Mac vs Windows difference). But as I said it elsewhere, the early criticism was promptly responded to and the explanations and communication in the past two months have been impressive from a brand new owner with a small staff.

Special thanks to Jenn Blake for always being there for everyone who needed her.

Digitell ( ) posted Fri, 20 September 2019 at 9:20 AM

I too would like to say Thank You Renderosity and all the team that made this possible! I was beginning, as I am sure others were also, to worry about Poser's future. I was thrilled when I learned that Renderosity bought Poser! Dream come true to say the least! Bravo, Congratulations and Thank You So Very Much!!! Cheers! 🍻

A_Sunbeam ( ) posted Fri, 20 September 2019 at 10:23 AM

Everything ran smoothly; and Poser 11.2 is ticking over nicely!

Giana ( ) posted Fri, 20 September 2019 at 11:17 AM

^bounce^ ^bounce^ ^bounce^

thank you, esp. to Tim & Jenn, who were truly listening and have a vision for direction. it never ceases to amaze me just how much having the right people in place at the top makes such a HUGE difference in the trickle-down inside any corporate pyramidal structure in terms of attitudes & motivation, etc..

and thank you of course to all the various beta testers, early adopters, and the dev team & their response time in being able to pull everything together so quickly. and to all the folks who provided feedback and suggestions on how to improve Poser, helping to hone the vision for Poser. i really do see this as such a community effort by all.

^bounce^ ^bounce^ ^bounce^

Badia01 ( ) posted Fri, 20 September 2019 at 11:30 AM

I was braced for the worst, but found that the transition to P 11.2 to be flawless. I expected bugs that did not arise. I expected the servers to be overwhelmed by folks downloading the software, but they were not. The Premium content was a very pleasant surprise. Great job and thanks to all involved.

erogenesis ( ) posted Fri, 20 September 2019 at 11:42 AM

Also from me thanks! The free content is a super generous idea, and I'll install 11.2 at some point in the near future but I have downloaded everything. Its great to see Bondware/Rendo being so proactive in such a short time. I'll look forward to what comes next.

"The fool is not the one that does something foolish, but the one that does nothing at all."

freyfaxi62 ( ) posted Fri, 20 September 2019 at 9:00 PM

Congratz to all involved ..so far, my upgrade to 11.2 seems to have gone pretty smoothly. My only problem has been in grabbing the new content downloads. Hopefully I'll solve that soon - in the meantime, I can live with out it..as I already had Dawn Dusk LaFemme and the other HiveWire stuff .

Netherworks ( ) posted Tue, 24 September 2019 at 1:43 AM

Well, this is beyond interesting... :)

Afrodite-Ohki ( ) posted Tue, 24 September 2019 at 6:10 AM

Netherworks posted at 7:10AM Tue, 24 September 2019 - #4363774

!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YOU'RE HERE!

- - - - - - 

Feel free to call me Ohki!

Poser Pro 11, Poser 12 and Poser 13, Windows 10, Superfly junkie. My units are milimeters.

Persephone (the computer): AMD Ryzen 9 5900x, RTX 3070 GPU, 96gb ram.

Glitterati3D ( ) posted Tue, 24 September 2019 at 6:40 AM

Netherworks posted at 7:39AM Tue, 24 September 2019 - #4363774

Hey, Joe! Boy, it's a delight to "see" you!

Yeah, they kicked some Poser butt, didn't they?

Miss B ( ) posted Tue, 24 September 2019 at 7:04 PM

Glitterati3D posted at 8:03PM Tue, 24 September 2019 - #4363800

Netherworks posted at 7:39AM Tue, 24 September 2019 - #4363774

Hey, Joe! Boy, it's a delight to "see" you!

I'll second that! Good to see you stranger. 😉

OK . . . Where's my chocolate?

Butterfly Dezignz

elena_c ( ) posted Mon, 30 September 2019 at 6:20 AM

Congrats and thanks from me as well. After an initial hitch (Poser 11.2 wouldn't open after install; it stalled at the splash screen, got fixed by restarting my PC), everything is working smoothly. Also thanks for the great new content! Simply awesome.

pangor ( ) posted Fri, 04 October 2019 at 3:30 PM

Thank you for your all efforts to keep Poser alive, and for the future continuing improvements as well. The newly added 'stock content' is great step forward, this sentiment is from a user of Poser since the release of Poser 2.

The somnambulator has awakened!

quietrob ( ) posted Fri, 04 October 2019 at 6:18 PM

Netherworks posted at 4:18PM Fri, 04 October 2019 - #4363774

Well, this is beyond interesting...

You are missed, Joe! Please drop by from time to time.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.