Thu, May 16, 12:34 AM CDT

Welcome to the Poser 11 / Poser Pro 11 OFFICIAL Technical Forum

Forum Moderators: nerd

Poser 11 / Poser Pro 11 OFFICIAL Technical F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 May 12 6:37 am)

banner

Welcome to the Poser Forums! Need help with these versions, advice on upgrading? Etc...you've arrived at the right place!

Looking for Poser Tutorials? Find those HERE

Subject: Poser Pro 11 upgrade

biggeralex ( ) posted Wed, 18 September 2019 at 5:38 AM · edited Tue, 16 April 2024 at 8:03 PM

Hi A couple of days ago I purchased the Poser Pro 11 upgrade. I have a physical Poser 10, which I upgraded digitally to Poser 11 a while back. I downloaded the Poser Pro 11 download manager, installed it and ran it: I entered the license key which appears in my order details under the download button - there are several licence keys, e.g. for Poser Fusion 11 Cinema4D, but I just used the first one ("PoserPro 11: XNB etc.etc.") I downloaded and installed all the files through the download manager, but the installation appears to be for Poser 11, not Poser Pro 11. I have emailed the store staff, but no response as yet so I thought I would ask here, in case I'm doing something wrong. Thanks Andy

Nails60 ( ) posted Wed, 18 September 2019 at 6:32 AM

The actual downloads are the same for both versions. When you register and activate the product with your new serial number this should activate the pro- features

biggeralex ( ) posted Thu, 19 September 2019 at 3:52 AM

Thanks Nails60, that worked! Best wishes Andy

Notsrella ( ) posted Thu, 19 September 2019 at 5:38 AM

Leave a comment Hello, I've just downloaded the Poser 11.2 update. On clicking the exe. file and the support file I'm asked to select a program to open the file. So what program should I open the download into? Thanks.

Nails60 ( ) posted Thu, 19 September 2019 at 6:21 AM

You should double click and the file should just run. Or right click and select run.

Notsrella ( ) posted Thu, 19 September 2019 at 7:48 AM

Thanks Nails60. I downloaded again and clicked 'Run' rather than 'Save'. I'd tried to open the program from the saved file. All ok now.

oldingr ( ) posted Mon, 23 September 2019 at 3:11 PM

Well, I installed Poser 11.2 Pro and now all I get is [ UNABLE TO CONTACT LICENSE SERVER you must have an active internet connection to renew your lease.] of course I am on Renderosity.com so my internet works fine.

Rendo you really need to create a support system for Poser now that you own it.

Notsrella ( ) posted Mon, 23 September 2019 at 3:17 PM

Hello oldingr. I should start a new thread. The support people probably won't be looking in this one anymore!

Noel

patlane ( ) posted Wed, 25 September 2019 at 7:45 AM

Just upgraded to the new 11.2 version and it seems to run ok. A few problems with some character pmd files not mapped correctly and face morphs not working. But once i re-mapped the files and re saved it all went ok. No problems with serial numbers or anything else really. Unfortunately on the upgrade i installed the new Bondware version back in the old Smith Micro directory. It all works so far, so i will leave it where it is for the time being. Best let sleeping dogs lay eh..

Thanks to all who gave answers.

Pat :)

structure ( ) posted Mon, 30 September 2019 at 12:00 PM
Forum Coordinator

oldingr @4363612 did you get your issue resolved?

Locked Out

structure ( ) posted Mon, 30 September 2019 at 12:00 PM
Forum Coordinator

Locked Out

MNArtist ( ) posted Tue, 01 October 2019 at 2:03 PM

I was out of the country for a couple weeks and just got back, so probably missed some announcements. I have a current SmithMico PoserPro 11 license. Do I need to upgrade? If so, what is the cost? Thanks

structure ( ) posted Tue, 01 October 2019 at 2:05 PM
Forum Coordinator

any version of poser 11 upgrades for free and yes you need to upgrade

Locked Out

MNArtist ( ) posted Tue, 01 October 2019 at 2:06 PM

Thank you

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.