Fri, May 31, 10:04 PM CDT

Welcome to the DAZ|Studio Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Guardian_Angel_671, Daddyo3d

DAZ|Studio F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 May 31 7:44 am)

MbM Hadley for Genesis 8 Female

$16.49 USD 30% Off
$11.54 USD

MHD - Matilda Hair

$12.95 USD 30% Off
$9.07 USD

Subject: New Potential Vendor assistance

Mella_via ( ) posted Sun, 15 September 2019 at 7:36 AM · edited Sat, 20 April 2024 at 11:25 AM

Hello, I'd like to become a vendor for daz content however my skills lie in modelling and texturing, and I have very little understanding of how to package certain things for daz. I currently work on furniture/props and have also started working on clothing but there's a few things I can't seem to find/understand information online on with regards to the proper way of setting up the files, what sort of things are required etc. I'll list my current main questions below, any help would be greatly appreciated!

Prop related

1. Sometimes the obj's I model don't end up sitting exactly on the floor and for it to be an appropriate prop it needs to sit on the floor and have XYZ translations set to (0,0). The issue I've had is the object will either sit on the floor but have translations at something like (0.0054) as an example, or they will be slightly off the floor but have translations at 0. Is there a way to fix this inside of daz or must it be done in the modelling software?
  2. I've noticed Daz creates DSF files for when I save an object but when I make a change to the object and reimport it with the same name the DSF doesn't update. Does this mean I have to delete the dsf file every time I want to make a modelling change since it won't update automatically?

Clothing related

1. I noticed looking at other people's clothing products that they include morphs such as FBM MeiLin or FBM Voluptuous, are all these various FBM's necessary for a dForce clothing item or can I get away with the autogenerated morphs that Daz creates and rely more so on the simulation?
  2. What is the process for exporting clothing for selling? Say the obj is set up, weight maps applied, material sets ready

RHaseltine ( ) posted Sun, 15 September 2019 at 9:25 AM
  1. Ideally it should be done in the modeller, but you can drop the model to the floor, export as a new OBJ, and import that (using the same preset in the options dialogue to make sure scale and axes match) to bake the transforms

2. I'm not sure I understand - if you use the same settings (author and product name) the updated version should overwrite the existing files.

3. That is, to an extent at least, up to you - though you should check with the store you wish to sell through. DS will project missing morphs into fitted items, but the quality of the projected morph will of course vary.

4. As with your props, I assume - File>Save As>Support Assets>Figure Prop Asset. If it's a multi-part set you would usually save individual items as assets, which will give you a preset for loading them, then save a Wearables preset to have the whole outfit in one go - or multiple Wearables presets if there are different combinations of pieces. The items should be fitted and parented to the base figure when saving (which is the default behaviour), and must be parented for a Wearables preset.

donnena ( ) posted Sun, 15 September 2019 at 4:32 PM
Site Admin

you may find this helpful as well
https://www.renderosity.com/how-to-become-a-vendor-at-renderosity-marketplace---all-the-info-you-may-need--cms-19332

;>

Andy!

Mella_via ( ) posted Mon, 16 September 2019 at 11:11 PM

Ahh I think I was creating confusion for myself through the export settings! Thanks for the tips

drafter69 ( ) posted Thu, 10 October 2019 at 11:16 AM

Please offer your products in more that one place . If possible I never buy via Daz .

Razor42 ( ) posted Fri, 11 October 2019 at 6:19 PM

drafter69 posted at 10:13AM Sat, 12 October 2019 - #4366611

Please offer your products in more that one place . If possible I never buy via Daz .

Yawn,weak trolling effort.

Feel free to shop wherever you prefer, but shopping at Daz will support the future development of Daz Studio including the development of new figure technologies, new tools such as Dforce Dynamic Clothing, Dforce Dynamic Hair, Iray render technology, new animation tools etc, etc.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.