Wed, Apr 24, 8:15 PM CDT

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Apr 24 7:28 pm)

Subject: M4 skin ---> V4

operaguy ( ) posted Sat, 01 December 2018 at 6:37 PM · edited Tue, 23 April 2024 at 1:17 PM

I tried searching this forum before asking this.

I know everyone seems to be moving to M-V5-9, Genesis, etc. However, I am committed to V4 In Poser Pro 11.

What's the last/latest tech for moving M4 skin maps onto V4? I have a great morph to turn the V4 rig into a male body, and for complicated reasons I want to pursue that pipeline, rather than M4 rig. But I need male skin. This is not a "gen" issue, by the way. It's more of a "male body hair" issue.

I see a conversion tech if you have Blacksmith 3d, but I don't and it is not an option for me right now.

If no straight-forward python or other conversion, I will drill down on opening V4 maps and overlaying body hair.

Thanks for any clues, leads, advice, or links.

::::: Opera :::::

RedPhantom ( ) posted Sat, 01 December 2018 at 8:04 PM
Site Admin

TC2 from daz does a nice job. With the various plugins, it will do several of the daz figures gen 3 and 4.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

Kalypso ( ) posted Sun, 02 December 2018 at 12:10 AM
Site Admin

Or instead of converting every single texture each time you can use UVMapper and open up M4's obj. Save this as a .uvs file and then open V4's .obj and apply M4's uvs. Resave that V4 .obj under a different name such as V4M4UV and edit any V4 .cr2 to point to that .obj (there are two instances where the .obj is called in the .cr2). You now have a V4 figure that accepts M4 maps. Since Generation 4 is the same mesh you can do this to M4 and get V4's UVs and even mix up the Kids4 as well. If you want to take it a step further get this handy set http://www.sharecg.com/v/45885/related/11/Poser/Mix-K4M4V4-morphs and now you have .cr2s of each figure that accept morphs of the other. You can further edit copies of those .cr2s to accept the relative maps as well!

Kalypso ( ) posted Sun, 02 December 2018 at 1:27 AM · edited Sun, 02 December 2018 at 1:27 AM
Site Admin

Here's an example. This is V4 with the Male body morph applied. The .cr2 is from the Mix I linked above and which I edited to point to my remapped .cr2 of V4 with M4 UVs. Face morph is a combination of Jepe's Benny and some of M4's morphs (Allen I think) and texture is also Jepe's Benny which I ran through Snarly's EZSkin and rendered with an .hdr from hdrihaven.

v4 m4morphsuv.JPG

operaguy ( ) posted Sun, 02 December 2018 at 12:20 PM · edited Sun, 02 December 2018 at 12:22 PM

Thanks for the perfect info, Kalypso. I'm going to go get that utility, study your instructions, and follow the path. I'll post back eventually.

Meanwhile, I found old V4 Male maps I bought from Daz in 2008 in one of my runtimes. However, they are not of the resolution/quality of the later M4 maps.

Thanks again,

operaguy ( ) posted Sun, 02 December 2018 at 2:27 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

Well, I am an idiot!!!

I had TC2 bundle, and the M4, A4, V4 plugins already. Bought 'em in 2008.

It works.

This is a render of V4 (in the form of Sasha-16 by Karina) with the Daz M4 hi-res maps!

vm4.png

RobZhena ( ) posted Tue, 26 February 2019 at 4:58 PM

DAZ has "disappeared" TC2, by the way.

Male_M3dia ( ) posted Tue, 26 February 2019 at 8:01 PM · edited Tue, 26 February 2019 at 8:10 PM

RobZhena posted at 9:00PM Tue, 26 February 2019 - #4347036

DAZ has "disappeared" TC2, by the way.

No, the 3DUniverse pulled it from sale. There was a thread where they said they no longer wish to support the product. Let's not spread misinformation.

However, you can use DAZ Studio's Map Transfer tool to convert M4 skins to V4 if you have the clones that has the UV (Genesis 1 can convert without clones, so your only cost is downloading DS instead of buying TC2). Also you can convert G2 skins to V4 using the same tool.

operaguy ( ) posted Fri, 01 March 2019 at 9:41 AM

I was disappointed to discover TC2 gone from sale at DAZ. I sent 3DUniverse an email asking where to obtain TC2. No response.

"if you have the clones that has the UV" ... If I have v4 and m4, do I have those clones? What are these clones anyway?

Map Transfer Tool. I put my toe in it. Yikes. Male_M3dia or anyone -- before committing energy to it for my purpose, can you confirm that this tool will serve to convert M4 skin maps to V4?

Thank you,

operaguy ( ) posted Fri, 01 March 2019 at 10:00 AM

Looks like you need DAZ Studio Pro.

My next approach is to attempt Kalypso's instructions above.

:: og ::

operaguy ( ) posted Fri, 01 March 2019 at 9:24 PM · edited Fri, 01 March 2019 at 9:25 PM

It worked!

Downloaded UVMapper classic.

Opened M4's .obj

Saved out the .uvs file

Opened a copy of V4 .obj in UVMapper

Imported the .uvs file

Changed the .cr2 of an instance of V4/Sasha-16 to search for the special .obj (two places to change it)

And voila!

This version of V4/Sasha-16 (I call him "Pasha") accepts M4 skin maps directly clicked in from the Poser library.

pasha1.jpg

Thank you Kalypso for the specific instruction in this thread, and I also found it cited by Richard Haseltine at DAZ back in 2014.

P.S. I had no prior experience with UVMapper or altering .obj and .cr2 files prior to this project. Whew!

Kalypso ( ) posted Fri, 01 March 2019 at 11:48 PM
Site Admin

Glad it worked out for you! Cheers!

knyghtmare2021 ( ) posted Thu, 30 December 2021 at 9:04 AM

Zombie thread. Sorry for the revival, but Im trying this method and getting an error: Incompatable facet structure. I also get an error loading the material library when i try to load M4.

I followed the step exactly, but thats what I get. Ant ideas?

VedaDalsette ( ) posted Thu, 30 December 2021 at 10:17 AM

There's always Shahara's Paul for V4.

https://www.renderosity.com/rr/mod/bcs/paul-v4/67781/

W10,Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-8600K CPU @ 3.60GHz, 32.0 GB RAM, 64-bit, video GeForce GTX 1050 Ti, 4GB.
Old lady hobbyist.
All visual art or fiction is "playing with dolls."

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.