Tue, Apr 30, 1:25 AM CDT

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Apr 29 12:23 pm)

Subject: How to render Flat Lined figure

gojira-kun ( ) posted Sat, 13 January 2018 at 6:23 PM · edited Wed, 28 February 2024 at 9:22 AM

I'm using Poser Pro 2014. How do I render a Flat Lined character in full resolution? When I use "Export image" it creates a screen resolution (72 dpi) image. Is there some option in Render Settings to export the Flat Lined character I see on the screen as a 300 dpi image for print?

SamTherapy ( ) posted Sun, 14 January 2018 at 8:32 AM

As far as I know, Poser still uses absolute sizes - pixels - which do not relate in any way to dpi. You'll have to do the necessary calculations to render an image for conversion to 300 dpi. For example, a 300 x 300 image will equate to 1 inch square - 25.4 mm - at 300 dpi. Work out your desired size in inches, multiply by 300, render at that size.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

ThunderStone ( ) posted Sun, 14 January 2018 at 8:41 AM

@SamTherapy, thanks for the tip.

===========================================================

Poser: Poser 11.3 ...... Units: inches or meters depends on mood
Bryce: Bryce Pro 7.1.074
Image Editing: Corel Paintshop Pro
Renderer: Superfly, Firefly

9/11/2001: Never forget...

Smiles are contagious... Pass it on!

Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday

Digitell ( ) posted Sun, 14 January 2018 at 8:42 AM

Not sure what you mean by flat lined. If you mean to put a toon line around an image then you would do this under Render>Settings: toonoutline.jpg

To render at 300 DPI that would be under Render>Dimensions:

RenderDimensions.jpg

Hope this helps!

SamTherapy ( ) posted Sun, 14 January 2018 at 10:53 AM

Well, how about that? Shows how long since I played with the render settings. I just render at "Bloody Enormous", then crop and resize as necessary.

My Store

My Gallery

Digitell ( ) posted Sun, 14 January 2018 at 10:58 AM

Hi Sam! The resolution can be set in Render>Render Dimensions

The Render Settings is where you can select the toon outline

Glad this helps! 👍

gojira-kun ( ) posted Sun, 14 January 2018 at 11:09 AM

Thanks for everyone's help. Sorry I wasn't clear in what I was looking for. What I wanted was this. I set up a figure and set Display/Figure Style to "Flat Shaded Lined." That gave me:

Screen Shot 2018-01-14 at 8.58.47 AM.png

What I wanted was to get the same effect in my render, a shaded white figure with a grid all over. Anyway I discovered the answer and it was ridiculously simple. In render settings I chose the "Preview" tab and the "Render Now (Firefly)" button turned into "Render Now (Preview)." Press the button and I got what I wanted.

FlatLine.png

Digitell ( ) posted Sun, 14 January 2018 at 11:14 AM

Ahhh OK I see now what you wanted. Glad you found the answer! 👍

SamTherapy ( ) posted Sun, 14 January 2018 at 11:49 AM

If you want a true render, you can create a UV template (UVMapper is free for the regular version) and place that on your figure. The figure can then be used in any normally rendered scene.

@digitell - yep, I meant "Render Dimensions". I shouldn't type while talking to small children.

My Store

My Gallery

Digitell ( ) posted Sun, 14 January 2018 at 12:26 PM

SamTherapy posted at 12:25PM Sun, 14 January 2018 - #4322209

If you want a true render, you can create a UV template (UVMapper is free for the regular version) and place that on your figure. The figure can then be used in any normally rendered scene.

@digitell - yep, I meant "Render Dimensions". I shouldn't type while talking to small children.

@Sam - LOL...Quite understandable! 😉

SamTherapy ( ) posted Sun, 14 January 2018 at 3:17 PM

digitell posted at 9:14PM Sun, 14 January 2018 - #4322212

SamTherapy posted at 12:25PM Sun, 14 January 2018 - #4322209

@Sam - LOL...Quite understandable! 😉

It goes something like this:

"Daddy, look at this picture I drew of Carmen (one of our cats) knocking over your guitar and can you tell Ilona to stop looking at me in that funny tone of voice and Mummy says if you don't move your toolbox she's going to shove it up your bottom and can I have an ice cream please?"

"Yes, that's lovely... WHAT!?"

My Store

My Gallery

Digitell ( ) posted Sun, 14 January 2018 at 3:22 PM

"It goes something like this:

"Daddy, look at this picture I drew of Carmen (one of our cats) knocking over your guitar and can you tell Ilona to stop looking at me in that funny tone of voice and Mummy says if you don't move your toolbox she's going to shove it up your bottom and can I have an ice cream please?"

"Yes, that's lovely... WHAT!?""

OMG...that is sooo friggin hilarious!!!! And cute too!! Big Fun!!! LOL!! Sounds like you have a fun "Entertainment Center"! A good time was had by all!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.