Sat, Jun 15, 10:31 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jun 14 3:49 pm)

Subject: Joint Controled Morphs that add up don't work

pitklad ( ) posted Sat, 10 June 2017 at 3:22 PM · edited Fri, 19 April 2024 at 4:02 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

I have made a set of morphs that correct the front bend of the thigh

used the Poser Pro 2014 Goz plugin for Zbrush

But I want the figure to work on Poser 6 so afterwards moved there

I positioned the new morphs to the end of the list with Cr2editor so poser reads them first and their corrections makes effect

The morphs are made to add up one to the prevous

So 20 ranges from 0 to 1 for bend from 0 to -20

40 add up from 0 to 1 for bend -20 to -40 while 20 remains at 1

and so on until -120 with the step of 20

I connected the morphs to the bend dial with their limits 0-1 using the excellent python script ERC builder by ockham

The problem is although when set by hand they work fine (image below) when controlled by the bend they destroy each other

looking at the morphs on Cr2editor all the morphs get a deltaAddDelta -0.050000 so I am afraid this is the problem

poser can not recognise that they have different start

So I am asking if there is another way to make the morphs add up, maybe give more limits on the jcm not just the deltaAddDelta ratio

morphs.jpg

My FreeStuff

pitklad ( ) posted Sun, 11 June 2017 at 9:47 AM

YES! I found the answer in a tutorial I had already on my disc!

I'm so happy

To solve the problem a delay - empty morph is needed before the actual morph

The Tutorial is zipped and it is named HowToWriteERCcode.zip but it doesn't mention the creator

please if anyone is familiar with this tutorial let me know

I want to say a public thank you, the tutorial is wrote excellently, and also share the link for future reference

My FreeStuff

Allstereo ( ) posted Fri, 16 June 2017 at 3:42 PM

Hello Pitklad,

The tutorial was written by VK, a famous guru of the Poser community. The tutorial is no more available on the net (It was retired last year to my knowledge). For my tutorials on Poser dependent parameters (See the link below to my freestuff page), I studied extensively this tutorial as well as treads involving discussion and comments by VK. With the new Poser dependent parameter includes in Poser 8 and subsequent versions of Poser, it is more easy to program Joint Controlled Morph (JCM) relative to the old and complex method using only the "ValueOpDeltaAdd" operator. You can read my tutorials to learn more about Poser Dependent Parameters (Part 4 has informations related to your work).

Good luck in your project

Allstereo

Allstereo Freestuff page

pitklad ( ) posted Tue, 20 June 2017 at 7:11 PM · edited Tue, 20 June 2017 at 7:11 PM

Thank you so much for the information, it is a pity this isn't available anymore.

It is really good tutorial with great effort to explain really difficult technical poser stuff!

I have already took a look on your homepage so another thank you for your effort also!

My FreeStuff

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.