Tue, May 28, 9:37 PM CDT

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 May 28 9:10 pm)

Subject: Seeking Digital Modeller to Create Custom Head Morph for V4 or V6 in POSER.

MJHCreations ( ) posted Mon, 06 October 2014 at 1:21 AM · edited Wed, 14 February 2024 at 8:55 AM

I'm looking for a digital modeller to make custom head morphs in V4 or V6 from some based on a real person in POSER.

Please comment or PM with the following info:

How much do you charge for this service?

What's the turnaround time?

Or.., please provide the name of a good digital modeller.

Thanks a bunch,

Monty

hornet3d ( ) posted Mon, 06 October 2014 at 4:37 AM

Just beware that there are some modellers that are reluctant to do this sort of work at all or will need some sort of permission from the person involved.  This is due to the fact that this is a fairly regular request and in a few cases the requester is actually a stalker.   You will also need some good quality photographs with minimum shadows and reflections to give the modeller in question and good chance of producing a likeness.

I am not questioning your motives just trying to highlight one of the difficulties that might arise.

I use Poser 13 on Windows 11 - For Scene set up I use a Geekcom A5 -  Ryzen 9 5900HX, with 64 gig ram and 3 TB  storage, mini PC with final rendering done on normal sized desktop using an AMD Ryzen Threadipper 1950X CPU, Corsair Hydro H100i CPU cooler, 3XS EVGA GTX 1080i SC with 11g Ram, 4 X 16gig Corsair DDR4 Ram and a Corsair RM 100 PSU .   The desktop is in a remote location with rendering done via Queue Manager which gives me a clearer desktop and quieter computer room.

vilters ( ) posted Mon, 06 October 2014 at 4:38 AM

Attt for stalkers here !!!!!!

Ask fàr a one to one Skype session with the person to be modeled, and never start without a dated and signed document!

Poser 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, P8 and PPro2010, P9 and PP2012, P10 and PP2014 Game Dev
"Do not drive faster then your angel can fly"!

pumeco ( ) posted Mon, 06 October 2014 at 6:06 AM

Out of curiosity, what on earth would a stalker stand to gain from requesting someone else do a sculpt from photos they already must have?

hornet3d ( ) posted Mon, 06 October 2014 at 6:49 AM

Quote -
Out of curiosity, what on earth would a stalker stand to gain from requesting someone else do a sculpt from photos they already must have?

The ability to place their victim into weird and fantastical situations their mind creates.  Don't forget, many stalkers are fanatical and have no direct relationship with their victim, other than in their mind.  They are unlikely to have many pictures and they could never have enough.  Personally I dread to think of the renders that such a person could generate or the impact it would have on the victim if such renders reached the public domain.

I am a massive fan of 3D art but very much aware it can be used as much for evil as it can for good.

I use Poser 13 on Windows 11 - For Scene set up I use a Geekcom A5 -  Ryzen 9 5900HX, with 64 gig ram and 3 TB  storage, mini PC with final rendering done on normal sized desktop using an AMD Ryzen Threadipper 1950X CPU, Corsair Hydro H100i CPU cooler, 3XS EVGA GTX 1080i SC with 11g Ram, 4 X 16gig Corsair DDR4 Ram and a Corsair RM 100 PSU .   The desktop is in a remote location with rendering done via Queue Manager which gives me a clearer desktop and quieter computer room.

pumeco ( ) posted Mon, 06 October 2014 at 8:00 AM

@Hornet
Makes sense I suppose, but I never really thought of stalkers like that.  To me, a stalker is someone so obsessed with someone else that they actually follow them around, making their life difficult.  Has a real stalker ever actually done a clone in Poser?

Interesting though, I'll have to search YouTube for some stalker documentaries, I love creepy documentaries, should be fun!

@Monty
Be sure to get their permission first, and if they don't give it, pretend it's someone else :biggrin:

hornet3d ( ) posted Mon, 06 October 2014 at 8:44 AM

Quote -
@Hornet
 Has a real stalker ever actually done a clone in Poser?

My gut instinct is to say yes but as no one is likely to admit to it so it would be hard to prove.

Yes a stalker suggests that they follow someone around but it also suggests that they thought process may be different to the norm, if there were such a thing.  I also suspect that the focus and degree of obsession would vary from one indiviual and another but then I am no expert.  I have enough experince to know that they can be devious and very dangerous.

vilters ( ) posted Mon, 06 October 2014 at 8:54 AM

Stalkers have a twisted mind.
The outcome is not stable nor does it follow a steady path.

Love makes blind; Blinded love (and rejected) can lead to obsession.
Obsession can lead to unpredicted results.

Stalkers come in different breeds, just like drunk people.
Some get tame, some are ashamed, some become agressive. => Kill out of love? It happens.

I had my share of stalkers here. (I am pretty good at modeling/sculpting.)

Fist signs are obvious, the photo's they send.
Send me the first series, and I can detemine 100% "stalker or not".
The photos they send tell the whole story. (More then one would thnk.)

And? From "stalker photo's", its impossible to get a result.

You need detailed an purpose taken pictures.
Not only to build the morph, but certainly for the texture work.

The final is a combination of the morph and the texture.

That said,
a request like this pops up every month or 2.
This is the second one in 2 weeks time.
I hope it does not become "regular".

Poser 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, P8 and PPro2010, P9 and PP2012, P10 and PP2014 Game Dev
"Do not drive faster then your angel can fly"!

pumeco ( ) posted Mon, 06 October 2014 at 9:51 AM

Bloody hell, the one that stalked Vilters must be freakin' dangerous, certifiable even :biggrin:
So both of you have been stalked, for real?

Seems unusual, it's usually females that get stalked.  I'd love to know what it is about some of the photos that people send Vilters that makes him think - "A-ha! - This is a stalker!" - I mean how on earth can you tell?

hornet3d ( ) posted Mon, 06 October 2014 at 10:04 AM

No I have not been stalked but I have seen the effect of stalking close up.

I had a relation who was stalked for a number of years and it was a terrible time for her, she had to vary the way she she drove to work, change her start and finish times and could not afford to have a routine at all.  The stalker was later jailed for killing his mother and when he came up for release my relation was advised by the police to move house before he did so. 

End result, years of worry followed by having to sell the home she was born in and even today looks over her shoulder more than she should have to.  All of this because some weirdo decided they were 'born' to be together.

As Vilters says this is a fairly common request and while that does not mean that any of the requesters is a stalker it is wise to be aware of the danger.  There is also the danger the requester takes the view we are a un-helpful lot if no one offers to help,  hence my warning that, if there were a cool reception to the request, there was a  valid reason for it.

pumeco ( ) posted Mon, 06 October 2014 at 10:40 AM

Wow, I'm sorry to hear that, Hornet.

Weird the way some peoples minds work, must be extra hard for her knowing the same person had killed their own mother as well, that's a serious amount of stress to have to live with!

hborre ( ) posted Mon, 06 October 2014 at 11:07 AM

On the other hand, consider an individual requesting a custom head morph not having prior written consent to use mentioned likenesses in public/private galleries.  Such actions can lead to cease & desist court orders and/or lawsuits if inappropriate images are generated. 

pumeco ( ) posted Mon, 06 October 2014 at 12:19 PM

I hear you all, but in all seriousness, you have to wonder what things have come to if a person can't advertise a position for a Poser sculpt without looking dubious.  The odds that Monty is some crazy stalker are probably a hundred million to one or something!

I'd love to know what he thinks when he logs in again and sees this thread :lol:

Still, in the best interests of the girls of this forum, and based on some of the comments here, I have taken it upon myself to do some detective work.  I looked into Monty's Homepage and Gallery and have come to the conclusion that he's a perfectly normal male, age uncertain, but that Vilters need not worry this time.

Not if he's competing against this hottie I found in his gallery :woot:

hornet3d ( ) posted Mon, 06 October 2014 at 12:43 PM

Quote -
I hear you all, but in all seriousness, you have to wonder what things have come to if a person can't advertise a position for a Poser sculpt without looking dubious.  The odds that Monty is some crazy stalker are probably a hundred million to one or something!

I'd love to know what he thinks when he logs in again and sees this thread :lol:

Still, in the best interests of the girls of this forum, and based on some of the comments here, I have taken it upon myself to do some detective work.  I looked into Monty's Homepage and Gallery and have come to the conclusion that he's a perfectly normal male, age uncertain, but that Vilters need not worry this time.

Not if he's competing against this hottie I found in his gallery :woot:

I really hope the Montyhack does not take it personal, if he does a search he will find similar comments on any such thread along the same lines and there are lots of examples to see.

Also we are not saying it should not be done but be done with care.  In most cases there has been somebody come forward and offered to help.  Some I know did not go forward because they could not get the high quality photographs to make the job viable.  As to the rest I don't know, the offer was made but there was never an update.

I do not have the skills make such a likeness but I have seen the pictures provided by the likes of 3DSK and they are not like your normal photo.  The picture needs to be high qulaity and sepcially lit to get a good job. 

I understand and agree with your senitements in your first paragraph.  I also feel that a woman should be able to walk home in safety now matter what the time of day or night and despite how she is dressed.  Unfortunately news reports so often show that is not the world we live in, no matter how much we might wish we did.  It is wise to be aware of the dangers.

icprncss2 ( ) posted Mon, 06 October 2014 at 1:29 PM

Unless the person is a celebrity or some other public figure with not expectations of privacy, then the OP would need to have a signed release from the individual allowing the artist to use the photographs and likeness.

There is a plethoria of celebrity (or near enough to the mark) morphs for V4 here in the Marketplace.  There is a 70 plus page thread over in the DAZ forums covering celeb morphs.  Since the OP isn't giving the usual "does anyone know where I can find or morph of x celeb for y figure" I'd be willing to hazard a guess the person they want the morph of is not a celeb.

AmbientShade ( ) posted Mon, 06 October 2014 at 1:59 PM

Quote - On the other hand, consider an individual requesting a custom head morph not having prior written consent to use mentioned likenesses in public/private galleries.  Such actions can lead to cease & desist court orders and/or lawsuits if inappropriate images are generated. 

And this is the main point. Without a model release form, any artist that takes on such a job is taking a big risk, regardless of the intentions of the client's request. Lawsuits aren't worth the 50 to 100 or so you might get from such a commission. 

MJHCreations ( ) posted Mon, 06 October 2014 at 4:09 PM

The intended likenesses are of celebrities I've never met, nor have an overriding desire to.  I snagged their images on google.  People like Christina Applegate or professional cheerleaders, etc. 

pumeco ( ) posted Mon, 06 October 2014 at 4:20 PM

Does that mean we are legally allowed to make Poser stuff of Celebrities without paying any royalties or whatever?

icprncss2 ( ) posted Mon, 06 October 2014 at 7:35 PM

The OP snagged photos from Google.  Problem with that is, the OP doesn't hold the rights to the photographs nor is likely to have permission to use the photographs. 

Avoiding all those problems is one of the big reasons artists invest in subscriptions to 3d.sk. 

RorrKonn ( ) posted Tue, 07 October 2014 at 12:58 AM · edited Tue, 07 October 2014 at 1:01 AM

it's all most funny talking about getting in to trouble.
DAZ Poser stores ya can see alot of TV and movie stuff from startrek to game of throwns.
Don't see anyone getting in to trouble for that.

monthlyhack pro 14 has morph brush and there's blender it's free.
ya could morph ya meshes all ya wanted.V6 is a Genesis 2 morph .
Genesis 2 has a lot smaller polycount then V4 so Genesis 2 would be easyest to morph.

============================================================ 

The Artist that will fight for decades to conquer their media.
Even if you never know their name ,your know their Art.
Dark Sphere Mage Vengeance

hornet3d ( ) posted Tue, 07 October 2014 at 4:38 AM

Quote - it's all most funny talking about getting in to trouble.
DAZ Poser stores ya can see alot of TV and movie stuff from startrek to game of throwns.
Don't see anyone getting in to trouble for that.

You are right but the fact that they don't get into trouble does not mean it is all legal and above board.  Some of the stuff is legal, some in a grey area and some decidedly illeagal. 

If you know some thing is not legal and go ahead fine, but you are taking a gamble, and if you are the unfortunate who gets caught the fact that others are doing it and getting away with it is a poor defence. 

"Yes judge, I did rob the bank but they guy down the road did one as well and he got away with it."

I do however think it is a fair practice to warn about the possible legality, or not, and dangers, the user can therefore make an informed choice.

hborre ( ) posted Tue, 07 October 2014 at 8:43 AM

This would be known as Derivative Art or Fan Art.  Refer to this link in wiki for a brief summary of this topic:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fan_art

This second link questions the legality of Fan Art as it pertains to featuring and selling mentioned art at public conventions:

http://chrisoatley.com/fan-art/

One of many such discussions available on the internet.  Of course, this is derailing the question the OP posted earlier, but, as a sidenote, I would recommend anyone considering using existing celebrity likenesses to conduct a web search on the legality of copyright rules as established in the area you reside. 

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.