Mon, Jun 17, 6:35 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Freestuff

Welcome to the Freestuff Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, RedPhantom, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Freestuff F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jun 16 8:30 pm)

Welcome to the Freestuff Forum. The Freestuff Forum is intended for all  freestuff related postings within our community. This is a highlight area where our membership is invited to review, announce and give feedback in greater detail on various freestuff items offered.  Members can also post wishes of freestuff items they would like to see.

Notice: Links to offsite 'For Sale' items will be removed

Renderosity Free Stuff Area

Free Stuff Gallery

Free Stuff Guidelines

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: the Dawn of a new day...

ghosty12 ( ) posted Mon, 15 July 2013 at 6:12 AM

Well considering that the latest version of ZBrush is $699 I think that the hassles with steam and $30 for Silo is far less severe.

Or you could go $20 for Hexagon. :) lol

You know you enjoy 3D Art when you realize that your life is a piece of 3D Art. :)

Core I7 8700K, 32GB, RTX 3060 12G, Windows 10 64bit, Poser 9 / Pro 2012 / Pro 2014, Daz Studio 4.20 Pro

Kerya ( ) posted Mon, 15 July 2013 at 6:15 AM

Quote - Okay, I hope this is a good Goth makeup.

I am not sure - are you talking about the eyeshadow? That looks Goth fine. The lipstick would be a lot darker (at least for the Goths I know).

As for your sky blue - is it pale or bright sky blue?

http://torricelumngirl.files.wordpress.com/2013/01/dreamstime_xxl_18452736.jpg

http://rachttlg.files.wordpress.com/2013/05/chanel-stylo-eyeshadow-blue-bay-eotd.jpg

Jennyver ( ) posted Mon, 15 July 2013 at 6:16 AM

hm i got Hexagon for 0$ a long Time ago :)

But never installed  so far....

what is better for a Newbie Hexagon or Silo ?

vintorix ( ) posted Mon, 15 July 2013 at 6:16 AM

Kitteh,

Seeing without texture is better I would like to see a wire frame too- The flow of the mesh is important. Looks good to me so far!
How did you do the shoes? Was there any particular difficulty?

ghosty12 ( ) posted Mon, 15 July 2013 at 6:22 AM

Quote - hm i got Hexagon for 0$ a long Time ago :)

But never installed  so far....

Since you have it I already I would give Hexagon a go it does a pretty good job. I am using it mainly because I already had it too. :)

You know you enjoy 3D Art when you realize that your life is a piece of 3D Art. :)

Core I7 8700K, 32GB, RTX 3060 12G, Windows 10 64bit, Poser 9 / Pro 2012 / Pro 2014, Daz Studio 4.20 Pro

ghosty12 ( ) posted Mon, 15 July 2013 at 6:24 AM

Quote - Kitteh,

Seeing without texture is better I would like to see a wire frame too- The flow of the mesh is important. Looks good to me so far!

Can be done somewhat easy using primative shapes and crafting from there. There is a tutorial on youtube of someone creating a dress from a cylinder shape in Hexagon.

BadKittehCo ( ) posted Mon, 15 July 2013 at 6:37 AM · edited Mon, 15 July 2013 at 6:43 AM

Quote - Kitteh,

I pretty much start everything with a box, then whip it into the shape I want via various Sub-d modeling techniques, then usually after UV mapping, sometimes before, I send it to zbrush for some fine tuning and addint orregularities and eventually sculpt displacemets for finer detail.
When You SubD model, topology tends to flow with the shapes, as you manage tweak and refine poly loops. > Quote - hm i got Hexagon for 0$ a long Time ago :)But never installed  so far....

Much depends on personal preferences. Both Silo and Hex will work just fine. Main thing is to pick one, and then get over the learning curve of the modeling itself. Most of these programs do close to the same thing. I often model in Hexagon, although, more in 3D studio in last couple of years. Hexagon works pretty nifty with DAZ Studio, where you can send the model back and forth between the two apps without import/exports, but just 'send to Hexagon' or 'send to DS' button and off it goes. I love todo that for morph touchups and JCM making.
I just got Silo, to experiment with it... I'm always on a lookout for things that might speed up the process, and I've been hearing good things about Silo... so we'll see. 

___
Renderosity Store  Personal nick: Conniekat8
Hi, my name is "No, Bad Kitteh, NOO", what's yours? 

Kerya ( ) posted Mon, 15 July 2013 at 6:41 AM

Very nice Hexagon Tutorials by Sanbie:

http://pfdlives.com/pfd/index.php?board=37.0

Kludge ( ) posted Mon, 15 July 2013 at 6:43 AM

Quote - > Quote - The universe does not adhere to man's "rules" and, contrary to the belief of some, never has.  That includes the supposed rules of heredity, genetics and about anything else that can be made into rules.

You got that right!  I've got one and a half blue/gray/green eyes (they change) -- and half of one is hazelnut brown.  If somebody made a character with eyes like that, it'd be called unrealistic.

A lady I knew way back when had one eye like your technicolor one and one a deep brown.  Another had hazel eyes that would go green now and then.  Literally not figuratively. 

Quote - Sometimes real life is stranger than fiction!  And in the case of my friend and the lady with the beautiful cheekbones, prettier, too.  :-)

That's because life doesn't have to follow a plot line. :-)

WildDesigns ( ) posted Mon, 15 July 2013 at 6:47 AM

Quote - ok, here's some progress eye candy. Dres, shoes, I'm adding a little choker and a bracelet. It's in Zbrush now to add a few irregularities and skirt flow, to make it more natural looking. I managed to rope Arien into making textures, so you can expect some super snazzy textures!!!!

Outfit looks adorable! I'm struggling now with a full skirted dress, trying to get the movement handles to work correctly. First time dealing with WM clothes in Poser. Got it down in DAZ, which shocks me b/c I'm a Poser person. 

Kludge ( ) posted Mon, 15 July 2013 at 6:48 AM

Quote - I bought it when they had a $99 special.

Heck, if it's on special at that price then I most definitely can't manage it.  I'm still counting pennies to see if I can buy Silo.  Probably not.  Oh, well.  I'm not a content creator anyway, just a lousy dumb stark raving luna ... er, beginner.

ghosty12 ( ) posted Mon, 15 July 2013 at 6:49 AM

Quote - > Quote - Kitteh,

I pretty much start everything with a box, then whip it into the shape I want via various Sub-d modeling techniques, then usually after UV mapping, sometimes before, I send it to zbrush for some fine tuning and addint orregularities and eventually sculpt displacemets for finer detail.
When You SubD model, topology tends to flow with the shapes, as you manage tweak and refine poly loops. > Quote - hm i got Hexagon for 0$ a long Time ago :)But never installed  so far....

Much depends on personal preferences. Both Silo and Hex will work just fine. Main thing is to pick one, and then get over the learning curve of the modeling itself. Most of these programs do close to the same thing. I often model in Hexagon, although, more in 3D studio in last couple of years. Hexagon works pretty nifty with DAZ Studio, where you can send the model back and forth between the two apps without import/exports, but just 'send to Hexagon' or 'send to DS' button and off it goes. I love todo that for morph touchups and JCM making.
I just got Silo, to experiment with it... I'm always on a lookout for things that might speed up the process, and I've been hearing good things about Silo... so we'll see. 

I think that if Silo is good then yeah go for it as the hideous cost of ZBrush would put it out of the reach of most folks, $699 puts it in the range of professionals and what not. :)

ghosty12 ( ) posted Mon, 15 July 2013 at 6:53 AM · edited Mon, 15 July 2013 at 6:54 AM

Quote - > Quote - I bought it when they had a $99 special.

Heck, if it's on special at that price then I most definitely can't manage it.  I'm still counting pennies to see if I can buy Silo.  Probably not.  Oh, well.  I'm not a content creator anyway, just a lousy dumb stark raving luna ... er, beginner.

Yup for sure, though we all got to start from somewhere and well what I am doing for Dawn is the first major thing I have done for any figure since Vicky4.

Guardian_Angel_671 ( ) posted Mon, 15 July 2013 at 7:15 AM
Forum Coordinator

Quote - Only if you go strickly by AD&D rules. Rules are made to be broken. Clerics only using blunt weapons! BAH! I guess someone didn't research and discover all those blades hidden within crucifixes!

very true:) Also if you own the AD&D Cleric;s Handbbok -depending on religion picked to follow-some clerics could carry swords. Drow could be neutral as well -not all were evil,most just seemed to be out for themselves-love a good AD&D game. -I'd go for a drow elf:)

Guardian_Angel_671
Daz Studio Coordinator
May the hands of fate be kind to you and yours. :)
guardian_angel_671@renderosity.com

vintorix ( ) posted Mon, 15 July 2013 at 7:22 AM

Dawn as drow elf? I believe it when I see it!

It that case you have to morph her quite a bit..;))

Jan19 ( ) posted Mon, 15 July 2013 at 7:29 AM

Quote - > Quote - > Quote - The universe does not adhere to man's "rules" and, contrary to the belief of some, never has.  That includes the supposed rules of heredity, genetics and about anything else that can be made into rules.

You got that right!  I've got one and a half blue/gray/green eyes (they change) -- and half of one is hazelnut brown.  If somebody made a character with eyes like that, it'd be called unrealistic.

A lady I knew way back when had one eye like your technicolor one and one a deep brown.  Another had hazel eyes that would go green now and then.  Literally not figuratively. 

Quote - Sometimes real life is stranger than fiction!  And in the case of my friend and the lady with the beautiful cheekbones, prettier, too.  :-)

That's because life doesn't have to follow a plot line. :-)

I never have figured out HOW anyone could end up with a pair of eyes, with one half brown.  Maybe I was supposed to have true hazel eyes -- but a gene went wonky somewhere.  Luckily, unless I have eyes wide open, the brown spot is concealed by my eyelid, thank goodness.  :-)

Thinking on realism, when I was young -- and nobody had cosmetic surgery but the celebrities -- I remember a girl who was so pretty, naturally with no makeup, that if a character were made with a face and figure like hers, she'd be called unbelievable.  The rest of her family were just ordinary looking, but this girl was a true beauty.  Funny thing -- she dropped out of sight when we were in our twenties.  I have no idea what happened to her.

Memory lane...

The renders of Dawn/clothing are looking very good!  Speaking of Marvelous Designer, I got a personal license for that awhile back and thought hard about upgrading to a commercial license (making clothes with that program is fun and easy) -- but I found I had to retopologize everything I made.  And if I retopologized, I'd end up basically re-modeling the piece, so I decided to just model from scratch to start with.  And Poser 2014 will drape as realistically as MD will.  It just doesn't have all the cloth presets.

To each his/her own.  :-)

That is a great deal on Silo though.  I don't know how the Steam thing works, but Silo is an excellent modeling program.  Does UV mapping pretty well, too.  And materials and sculpting, if someone knows what they're doing.

Dawn will have quite a wardrobe, when she makes her debut...what with all these new models and modelers.  :-)

I love me some Modo!  :-)

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Mon, 15 July 2013 at 7:31 AM

The one thing I will say about starting to make content, use the trial and free products that are out there.

Wings3D, Blender etc. are free, have a go with those to start with.

In the end it all comes down to workflow and what suits individuals. No one program is the one hit wonder that everyone wants.

I started with Wings 3D, then Hexagon, then found I could do what I wanted in Silo and it just felt so natural.

Others will say this or that program is the best, but........

That is only their point of view, try as many as you can and find the one that suits you the best.

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

Who honors those we love for the very life we live?, Who sends monsters to kill us?, and at the same time sings that we will never die., Who teaches us whats real?, and how to laugh at lies?, Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?, Who chains us?, and Who holds the key that can set us free... It's You!, You have all the weapons you need., Now Fight!

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Mon, 15 July 2013 at 7:34 AM

I think I heard a while back that people with different coloured eyes could have been the result of twins that never came about and the single baby could have two eye colours.

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

Who honors those we love for the very life we live?, Who sends monsters to kill us?, and at the same time sings that we will never die., Who teaches us whats real?, and how to laugh at lies?, Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?, Who chains us?, and Who holds the key that can set us free... It's You!, You have all the weapons you need., Now Fight!

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Mon, 15 July 2013 at 7:53 AM

Nice to see all the makeups appearing. Dawn may need clothes, but it's nice to see people working on things like this.

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

Guardian_Angel_671 ( ) posted Mon, 15 July 2013 at 7:58 AM
Forum Coordinator

My youngest son has really neat eyes.Both are lovely shades of brown but 1 has like a spec of green in it.I think it's adorable:) - My kids were singles not twins but twins do run strong in my family.My dad was an identical twin.

Guardian_Angel_671
Daz Studio Coordinator
May the hands of fate be kind to you and yours. :)
guardian_angel_671@renderosity.com

vintorix ( ) posted Mon, 15 July 2013 at 8:08 AM · edited Mon, 15 July 2013 at 8:15 AM

"Speaking of Marvelous Designer, I got a personal license for that awhile back and thought hard about upgrading to a commercial license (making clothes with that program is fun and easy) -- but I found I had to retopologize everything I made.  And if I retopologized, I'd end up basically re-modeling the piece, so I decided to just model from scratch to start with.
To each her own.  :-)"

Sure but it is fun to argue for your cause.

"..just model from scratch" doesn't take into account that ideas don't come from air. For example at Google, when they do an app, first they make it in Python, then they rewrite a second time in Python, and then finally the last time in C. You don't think the third version has much in common with the first version do you?

With Marvelous Designer you get the first version free.

That what is most difficult in 3D is neither modeling nor texturing but to come up with an idea. To help with that you need an environment that allows you to try out as many ideas as possible in as short time as possible. In Marvelous Designer you can try 20 ideas in the same time as 1 in your modeler.

ZBrush is an essential tool which I would claim you can not do without. In ZBrush you can do retop automatically. But if you do 70-80% automatically and the rest manually you get a mesh superior to anything box modelling can give you. At the time Jan19 tried out Marvelous Designer the retop was not yet there in ZBrush.

Finally you can do drapes in Poser but at the end of the cycle. With MD you start with the drapes, that is a big difference.

Kerya ( ) posted Mon, 15 July 2013 at 8:12 AM

Quote - ... With Marvelous Designer you get the first version free.

Woudn't that be nice, Marvelous Designer for free? grin

(Just a joke, ok?)

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Mon, 15 July 2013 at 8:13 AM

file_496378.jpg

These are the type of shorts I mentioned earlier.

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

Kludge ( ) posted Mon, 15 July 2013 at 8:17 AM

Quote - > Quote - Oh, well.  I'm not a content creator anyway, just a lousy dumb stark raving luna ... er, beginner.

Yup for sure, though we all got to start from somewhere and well what I am doing for Dawn is the first major thing I have done for any figure since Vicky4.

Ah, so news of my madness ... er, beginnerness precedes me. :-)

Anyway, I have a very narrow range of projects, two of which will be populated by people from my own past with two people continuing through to the present, my daughter and me.  Dawn I think may have a place in one of those two projects.  The other's being done completely in DS3A and nothing would be gained by attempting to move her over.  While I may have need to modify content (ex: Red Bizon Steam Truck to make it one used in England at least into the 1930s which it very closely resembles), I can probably hammer that out in either Bryce or Hex, both of which I have although know diddly squat about.  For everything else, I can manage with Studio's internal bag of tricks plus Poser's Face Room.  I won't need to create any content nor do I have any desire to.  There are lots of excellent artists who do so.  It's just up to me to figure out what I can use.

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Mon, 15 July 2013 at 8:18 AM

Not available as yet, but if PhilC adds Dawn to the Clothing Designer, you can make dressesshirts with pleats etc. to start with as well.

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

vintorix ( ) posted Mon, 15 July 2013 at 8:18 AM

paganeagle2001, are you sure that this is the absolutely latest fashion?
And not 3 months ago?

?

Kerya ( ) posted Mon, 15 July 2013 at 8:21 AM · edited Mon, 15 July 2013 at 8:25 AM

Quote - paganeagle2001, are you sure that this is the absolutely latest fashion?
And not 3 months ago?

?

You need pleated skirts for Japanese school uniforms - no fashion report. :)

Or are you talking about the Jeans? I have seen cutoffs with pockets poking like that last week.

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Mon, 15 July 2013 at 8:22 AM

Not sure about timeline, but I'm seeing more women wearing this style of shorts.

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

vintorix ( ) posted Mon, 15 July 2013 at 8:25 AM

"You need pleated skirts for Japanese school uniforms - no fashion report. :)"

I am confused, this is too much for a computer nerd like me.  I'll be back when I've read the last number of Cosmo.

Kerya ( ) posted Mon, 15 July 2013 at 8:26 AM

grin

I am afraid everything is in fashion ... somewhere on this planet.

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Mon, 15 July 2013 at 8:31 AM · edited Mon, 15 July 2013 at 8:31 AM

I first saw those types of shorts in the Hyuna "Bubble Pop" video.

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

Kerya ( ) posted Mon, 15 July 2013 at 8:33 AM

I saw them last week, walking down the street (with a girl inside).

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Mon, 15 July 2013 at 8:35 AM

file_496380.jpg

A pic from Bubble Pop video.

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Mon, 15 July 2013 at 8:37 AM · edited Mon, 15 July 2013 at 8:40 AM

file_496381.jpg

For those that don't know who Hyuna is, it's the girl that Psy finds on the tube in the Gangnam Stye video.

Now there is a challenge for the morph makers!!! Lol.

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

DCArt ( ) posted Mon, 15 July 2013 at 8:40 AM

Quote - "Speaking of Marvelous Designer, I got a personal license for that awhile back and thought hard about upgrading to a commercial license (making clothes with that program is fun and easy) -- but I found I had to retopologize everything I made.  And if I retopologized, I'd end up basically re-modeling the piece, so I decided to just model from scratch to start with.

Same here ... I have MD but don't use it that much because it only outputs tris. Hope they finally got the quad support in 3, that iwll definitely make a difference in my using it.

Afrodite-Ohki ( ) posted Mon, 15 July 2013 at 8:45 AM

Quote - Whoa, if any of you have a steam account, I just spotted Silo on summer sale for $29.99... crazyyyy!  http://store.steampowered.com/app/100400/

LOL I didn't know Steam sold non-games. Silly me.

About the slutwear thing (sorry it was back a few pages, I'm trying to keep up, you guys post a lot while I'm sleeping), sorry if I sounded prude. That specific part hits a nerve here. Here in Brazil, a woman being raped and then accused to be her fault because she provoked it, specially because of her clothes, is something very real and very common to happen. Rape is my greatest fear in life and it gets me so angry when people try to excuse it - and "slutwear" is usually the first thing they look for - if she was a slut, she deserved it, or was asking for it, is what they say. It angers me to no end and because of that I hate the expression even when used as a joke.

Ok, rank over, move along, and thanks for clapping in favor of my existance LOL

- - - - - - 

Feel free to call me Ohki!

Poser Pro 11, Poser 12 and Poser 13, Windows 10, Superfly junkie. My units are milimeters.

Persephone (the computer): AMD Ryzen 9 5900x, RTX 3070 GPU, 96gb ram.

vintorix ( ) posted Mon, 15 July 2013 at 8:45 AM · edited Mon, 15 July 2013 at 8:57 AM

paganeagle2001,

Ok I saw the Hyuna "Bubble Pop" video- a nice distraction from the motets and madrigals by Palestrina and Ockeghem I usually listen to in my iphone. The black dress was fantastic! But I have one question to you. How on earth did you know that it existed a Hyuna "Bubble Pop" video in the first place?

?

BadKittehCo ( ) posted Mon, 15 July 2013 at 8:48 AM

file_496382.jpg

ok, before I go to bed... vintorix wanted to see the mesh. I don't know if you can see enough on this one.  Don't forget to click for larger view....

___

BadKittehCo ( ) posted Mon, 15 July 2013 at 8:50 AM

file_496383.jpg

I went a little crazy with zbrush mats and smoothing on this one, just for grins....

___

LaurieA ( ) posted Mon, 15 July 2013 at 8:50 AM · edited Mon, 15 July 2013 at 9:03 AM

Speakin of interesting eyes, Henry Cavill has a very obvious brown blaze in one of his otherwise blue/gray eyes ;).

drool he's a super man. Heh.

Laurie

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Mon, 15 July 2013 at 8:51 AM

It was when I first saw her on the Gangnam STyle video, I thought whe would be a possible nice morph.

Didn't know her name so just did a google, found her and had a look at some of her videos.

Agree on the black dress and the white playsuit she wears in the video.

Now......

If you want to see fun, then try the outfit from the PonPonPon video by Kyary Pamyu Pamyu!!!!! Lol.

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Mon, 15 July 2013 at 8:53 AM

file_496384.jpg

He's a half product of the Umbrella coporation!!!!!

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

Afrodite-Ohki ( ) posted Mon, 15 July 2013 at 9:07 AM

Quote - Okay, I hope this is a good Goth makeup.

I'd add a good amount of very black eyeliner. :)

- - - - - - 

Poser Pro 11, Poser 12 and Poser 13, Windows 10, Superfly junkie. My units are milimeters.

vintorix ( ) posted Mon, 15 July 2013 at 9:08 AM · edited Mon, 15 July 2013 at 9:09 AM

Kitteh, I like both versions. It is a very good practice to include several texture sets with your model without too much work. The metal version would perhaps be out of place in some contexts but blend in perfect in others.

Mesh look right but is is completely welded? I am thinking for the dynamic version.

clayphd ( ) posted Mon, 15 July 2013 at 9:09 AM

Quote - It was when I first saw her on the Gangnam STyle video, I thought whe would be a possible nice morph.

Didn't know her name so just did a google, found her and had a look at some of her videos.

Agree on the black dress and the white playsuit she wears in the video.

Now......

If you want to see fun, then try the outfit from the PonPonPon video by Kyary Pamyu Pamyu!!!!! Lol.

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

I looked up that video after you mentioned it... and... there are no words I can use to describe that video... She is apparently 20, but she looks 8 in that video...

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Mon, 15 July 2013 at 9:11 AM

But yoiu will be humming it and trying the dance!!!!! Lol.

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

Afrodite-Ohki ( ) posted Mon, 15 July 2013 at 9:13 AM

Quote -
I never have figured out HOW anyone could end up with a pair of eyes, with one half brown.  Maybe I was supposed to have true hazel eyes -- but a gene went wonky somewhere.  Luckily, unless I have eyes wide open, the brown spot is concealed by my eyelid, thank goodness.  :-)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heterochromia_iridum

I think it's absolutely beautiful. A friend of mine has a white cat that has one blue eye and the other brown. I keep staring. It's lovely.

- - - - - - 

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Mon, 15 July 2013 at 9:14 AM

file_496385.jpg

Tried some of my V4 eye MR's on Dawn, just needed to scale and palce as individual iris sections.

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

Jan19 ( ) posted Mon, 15 July 2013 at 9:15 AM

Quote - "Speaking of Marvelous Designer, I got a personal license for that awhile back and thought hard about upgrading to a commercial license (making clothes with that program is fun and easy) -- but I found I had to retopologize everything I made.  And if I retopologized, I'd end up basically re-modeling the piece, so I decided to just model from scratch to start with.

Sure but it is fun to argue for your cause.

"..just model from scratch" doesn't take into account that ideas don't come from air. For example at Google, when they do an app, first they make it in Python, then they rewrite a second time in Python, and then finally the last time in C. You don't think the third version has much in common with the first version do you?

With Marvelous Designer you get the first version free.

That what is most difficult in 3D is neither modeling nor texturing but to come up with an idea. To help with that you need an environment that allows you to try out as many ideas as possible in as short time as possible. In Marvelous Designer you can try 20 ideas in the same time as 1 in your modeler.

ZBrush is an essential tool which I would claim you can not do without. In ZBrush you can do retop automatically. But if you do 70-80% automatically and the rest manually you get a mesh superior to anything box modelling can give you. At the time Jan19 tried out Marvelous Designer the retop was not yet there in ZBrush.

Finally you can do drapes in Poser but at the end of the cycle. With MD you start with the drapes, that is a big difference.

Sure, Marvelous Designer is great.  :-)  And yeah -- I used Zbrush to retopologize some things I made in MD.  ZB had the retopo tools...as good as those in Topogun.  But I had to just keep what I made.  To sell or give away anything I designed in MD (unless I misunderstood the TOS) -- I'd need a commercial license -- 700 bucks.  With a personal license, I could do 2D commercial work, but not 3D.  UNLESS I misunderstood the TOS, which is possible.  :-)

No, nothing wrong with arguing your cause.  And each of us has his/her own preferred workflow.  :-)  Workflow is as individual as art, I'd assume.

I just weighed the options and decided (after a few months love affair with MD) that while MD was an amazing tool, it'd be best for me to just stick with a traditional 3D modeler.

But I surely don't fault anyone for using MD.  Why would I?  It'd be like criticizing a painter for using a certain type of paintbrush.  :-)  

I love me some Modo!  :-)

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Mon, 15 July 2013 at 9:17 AM

Arrrrggghhhh!!! Not Paint brushgate!!!!! LOL.

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.