Sun, May 19, 1:52 PM CDT

Welcome to the Carrara Forum

Forum Coordinators: Kalypso

Carrara F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Apr 09 3:53 pm)

Visit the Carrara Gallery here.

Carrara Free Stuff here.

Visit the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Texture room

illkirch ( ) posted Thu, 23 May 2013 at 7:18 AM · edited Thu, 08 February 2024 at 9:41 AM

When I have lots of windows open in the texture room is there a way to close them all at one time ?

GKDantas ( ) posted Thu, 23 May 2013 at 8:21 AM

Wish have... no, you can save your scene and close it to open again after...

Follow me at euQfiz Digital

illkirch ( ) posted Thu, 23 May 2013 at 8:33 AM

Thanks for taking the time to reply. Could be useful, sometimes.

GKDantas ( ) posted Thu, 23 May 2013 at 5:09 PM

This is one of the both big problems in Carrara screen, the same happen with the Render Room, after a lot of test renders you end with a lot of windows open that take a lot of memory... working with shaders almost all day I got about 100 windows in the render room, so I need to save the scene, close Carrara and open it again.

Kixum ( ) posted Fri, 24 May 2013 at 9:34 AM

Yep!  I have the same issue in the modeling room.  It's not hard to get into such a condition.  Closing and opening the whole file is best.  I however close Carrara completely just to reset everything.

Really necessary?  Not sure but its fast and easy.

-Kix

GKDantas ( ) posted Fri, 24 May 2013 at 12:48 PM

I tink is the better only way to free some memory from so many windows open.

Klebnor ( ) posted Tue, 28 May 2013 at 7:02 PM

When I get in this situation, I use ctrl-w repeatedly until the windows are closed.  Don't hit it after the last window closes, can bork everything.  Don't know why.

Klebnor

Lotus 123 ~ S-Render ~ OS/2 WARP ~ IBM 8088 / 4.77 Mhz ~ Hercules Ultima graphics, Hitachi 10 MB HDD, 64K RAM, 12 in diagonal CRT Monitor (16 colors / 60 Hz refresh rate), 240 Watt PS, Dual 1.44 MB Floppies, 2 button mouse input device.  Beige horizontal case.  I don't display my unit.

scotttucker3d ( ) posted Mon, 03 June 2013 at 12:50 PM

Quote - When I get in this situation, I use ctrl-w repeatedly until the windows are closed.  Don't hit it after the last window closes, can bork everything.  Don't know why.

Klebnor

Hilarious. I love your machine stats in the signature.

DocMatter ( ) posted Thu, 13 June 2013 at 1:33 PM

I was just going to post this very same question and saw that I'm not the only one who's bothered by it.

Until they work out a one button approach, the ctrl-w approach works great!  Thanks for the heads up!

Klebnor ( ) posted Thu, 13 June 2013 at 1:41 PM · edited Thu, 13 June 2013 at 1:41 PM

You're welcome.

BTW, consolidating shaders can help dramatically reduce the number of shaders in a scene - and that is a one button solution!

scotttucker3d - I've had that sig for a long time, and you're the first to comment.

Klebnor

Lotus 123 ~ S-Render ~ OS/2 WARP ~ IBM 8088 / 4.77 Mhz ~ Hercules Ultima graphics, Hitachi 10 MB HDD, 64K RAM, 12 in diagonal CRT Monitor (16 colors / 60 Hz refresh rate), 240 Watt PS, Dual 1.44 MB Floppies, 2 button mouse input device.  Beige horizontal case.  I don't display my unit.

DarwinsMishap ( ) posted Thu, 27 June 2013 at 5:45 PM

Generally when I work with the textures/shaders, I do it one at a time.  Unless there are portions I want to copy/paste, then I leave the two open and close the second to open the next.  It may seem tedious, but it's six of one and a half-dozen of the other really.  For me, it's just easier to keep control of what I'm doing and the useage of the system's memory to keep it that way.

headwax. ( ) posted Fri, 28 June 2013 at 12:36 AM

great tip ctrl w thanks

I get plenty of crashes whan I have a lot of windows open in the shader room and I start to close them all quickly

turning off auto refresh helps a lot for these crashes

in the render room I usually render in the same window, that stops you having numerous windows open

and I recently discovered the ability to name renders before you render, saves massive amount of time if you are rendering a lot of different passes - depth etc- and saving them externally

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.