Tue, Apr 30, 4:36 AM CDT

Welcome to the 3D Modeling Forum

Forum Moderators: Lobo3433 Forum Coordinators: LuxXeon

3D Modeling F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Apr 28 9:47 pm)

Freeware 3D Modeling Software Links:
Blender | Trimble Sketchup | Wings 3D | Anim8or | Metasequoia | Clara IO (Browser-based 3d modeler)

Check out the Marketplace Wishing Well Forum, as a content creator's resource for your next project.

"What 3D Program Should I buy?" Not one person here can really tell you what's best for you, as everyone has their own taste in workflow. Try the demo or learning edition of the program you're interested in, this is the only way to find out which programs you like.

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Poser figures in Silo

VolcanicMink ( ) posted Sun, 10 February 2013 at 5:53 PM · edited Wed, 17 April 2024 at 7:41 AM

Is it possible to load a Poser8 figure into Silo2? I was able to get "V4" in, but I cannot find an .obj Poser "Ryan" figure, only .obz files.

[I may drop a line in the Poser forum, but I thought I'd start here where there was some Silo goin' on..]

fly028 ( ) posted Mon, 11 February 2013 at 12:05 AM
Forum Moderator

Hello,

Just load ryan in Poser, then:

File/export/wavefront (obj)/select single frame/uncheck ground/ok and save in your folder.

Load in the silo scene, and it's done.

Hope it helps

Janl ( ) posted Mon, 11 February 2013 at 10:35 PM · edited Mon, 11 February 2013 at 10:40 PM

If you use the method above remember to turn off IK and zero the figure.

.obz files are compressed files. To decompress them you can use something like 7-Zip. Right click on the .obz file and select Open Archive. You can then drag the .obj file onto your desktop.

Teyon ( ) posted Tue, 12 February 2013 at 4:30 AM

We have a feature in Poser to unzip all compressed files in the Runtime folder. It's under Scripts>Utility

VolcanicMink ( ) posted Tue, 12 February 2013 at 10:31 AM

I thank you all "muchly". Hopefully I will come to understand this stuff enough to be of help to someone else someday!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.