Mon, May 6, 1:05 AM CDT

Welcome to the Freestuff Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, RedPhantom, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Freestuff F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 May 05 6:41 pm)

Welcome to the Freestuff Forum. The Freestuff Forum is intended for all  freestuff related postings within our community. This is a highlight area where our membership is invited to review, announce and give feedback in greater detail on various freestuff items offered.  Members can also post wishes of freestuff items they would like to see.

Notice: Links to offsite 'For Sale' items will be removed

Renderosity Free Stuff Area

Free Stuff Gallery

Free Stuff Guidelines

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: New Girl in Town; Chris's Anime Girl Kristin from Schell's Armour Works...

cschell ( ) posted Tue, 30 October 2012 at 1:51 PM · edited Fri, 29 March 2024 at 4:02 PM

file_488110.JPG

My Anime Girl Kristin is based upon my own sketches and art works and has been influenced by many sources. Amongst my biggest influences are Anime Artists such as Masamune Shirow, and anime movies like Macross, Orguss, Record of Lodoss War, plus TV shows such as Visions of Escaflowne (amongst others too numerous to mention here). I’ve been a fan and collector of anime for over 20 years and taught myself how to draw in several styles which over time developed into my very own personal style of anime art.

This figure has been created in 3d from 2 dimensional templates of my own sketches and over the last year I’ve worked hard on refining both the mesh and the joint rigs. Preliminary private beta testing allowed me to fix many deficiencies in the mesh and to refine the rigging of the skeleton and joints to provide for the best possible set-up that I am currently capable of making. I’d like to take a moment to thank the many, many people in the Daz Community Forums at Daz3d for the advice, suggestions, and help that has allowed me to get this figure to the point that it is now… Thank-you one and all for your valuable help!

How-ever, my own meager skills can only take this figure so far and I’ve reached the limit of what I’m currently able to do with her on my own, so I’m opening this figure up to the community as is, in hopes that the community will be interested in continuing the work I’ve begun. To that end I am leaving this figure a little more open in terms of usage than some of my previous projects. The Base Figure and basic clothing will be free, and I will also be creating some specific items and add-ons for sale to tie in with my other product lines that will be for sale at low cost to help support further development of the figure and potentially a male companion for her…

Please be aware that this figure is as complete as I can make it with my current level of skill and that it is by no means perfect. It is being provided “as-is” as a Public Beta-Trial for further development and expansion.

If you do work with this figure please feel free to contact me so that I can see your works, and if you wish to contribute to the development of this figure please let me know… I’m more than happy to accept any help I can get and to showcase any extras or add-ons that you make.

What you may do with this figure;

Develop Free or For Sale (Commercial) content (clothing, accessories, alternate textures, morph packs, character packs, pose sets, hair, etc). A blank developers figure (un-textured and stripped of morphs) is provided as well as the full figure with all her morphs in the base download.

Make and Redistribute alternate CR2’s provided that it is encoded in such a way that the original figure is required to use any new work that you create and that full credit is given to me for the original work upon which your work is derived. Only the Cr2 may be redistributed, not any other part of the original figure or any part of the original files. This original readme file must be included with your work.

What you may NOT do with this figure;

You cannot under any circumstances redistribute or repackage the figure or included files (with the exception of the CR2 as noted above). This includes the Mesh, Textures, Templates or any other files included in the original download.

You may not upload or share the original files on any site, paid or free, in any way shape or form (link’s to my site and the figure are acceptable and encouraged provided that the link leads to the download page, “The Barracks”, and does not point to the download itself).

All other terms and conditions of my Standard Site/Product EULA apply to this figure with the exceptions noted above regarding the CR2… please read my EULA in the “Contact US” area of my site at www.schells.ca (a copy of the standard EULA is also included in this download).

cschell ( ) posted Tue, 30 October 2012 at 1:52 PM · edited Tue, 30 October 2012 at 1:54 PM

file_488111.JPG

***Features;***

Fully rigged and pose-able, including fully rigged Jaw, Tongue, Eyebrows, and Eyelids allowing for a large range of motion and facial expression. Extra joints have been built into this figure to allow for a greater range of motion and for more realistic bending of body parts and limbs.

6 Body Shaping Morphs, 2 Limb Shaping Morphs, 9 Head Shaping Morphs, 2 Eye Morphs, 9 Facial Expression Morphs.

30 Blank Morph Channels for Custom Morph Injection in all bone locations.

4 Alternate Skin textures with easy Pz2 Mat Poses for application.

Alternate Skin Mat poses optimized for Toon and Realistic style Renders.

Alternate Toon-style Skins for use in Daz Studio Cartoon Render style with easy Pz2 Mat Poses for application.

8 Alternate Eye textures with Pz2 Mat Poses for application.

2 Custom Characters Poses with Custom Skin Textures and applied Character Morphs with Pz2 Poses for quick use.

2 Conforming Hair Styles with 2 Alternate Textures each.

6 Alternate Toon-style Hair Mat Poses in Pz2 format.

9 Alternate Finger and Toenail Textures, with Mat Pz2 Poses for ease of use.

Hair Figures and Clothing Figures include bump maps on load up (Loaded at 100% but the value of the bump will need to be manually assigned. I find that +/- .5% in Daz works well and in Poser +/- .15%).

Base Figure includes a basic outfit of Conforming Clothes (Sports Top and Shorts and Running Shoes complete with Morphs and Blank Morph Channels), with Additional Basic Clothing included in separate downloads, plus 2 Conforming Hair Figures, Textures, Bump Maps, Cr2’s, Pz2’s and all other files needed for this figure to be fully functional. Tested in Poser 7 and Daz Studio 2.3 and Daz Studio 4.

Best Render and Posing results are achieved with 1 level of Sub-D activated, to smooth out joint bends and surfaces.

cschell ( ) posted Tue, 30 October 2012 at 1:56 PM

You can grab her free from my site at Schell's Armour Works in "The Barracks", her new home:) See my site at www.schells.ca

cschell ( ) posted Tue, 30 October 2012 at 2:00 PM · edited Tue, 30 October 2012 at 2:02 PM

file_488112.JPG

There's also Clothing set #1, with 10 basic bits of cothing for her:)

Basic Jewelry set #1 has 10 smart-propped bits of jewelry for Kristin...

cschell ( ) posted Tue, 30 October 2012 at 2:03 PM

file_488113.JPG

and lastly, Pose set #1 is 10 basic laying, sitting and standing poses for use in your renders and scenes...

Anim8dtoon ( ) posted Tue, 30 October 2012 at 2:11 PM
Forum Moderator

Wow, Cschell, thank you SO much for sharing this figure with the Poser/DAZ community! I've downloaded all the files and can't wait to play with her!

eblank ( ) posted Tue, 30 October 2012 at 2:17 PM

file_488114.jpg

I have already played with her :-) Rendered in DS4

cschell ( ) posted Tue, 30 October 2012 at 2:23 PM · edited Tue, 30 October 2012 at 2:26 PM

You're welcome Eblank... lol... that was fast... kewl render too! :)

As a general note... I've opened her up to the community for development as well (see initial post) so that people can make things for her and allow her to continue to grow...

I'll also be releasing new outfits for her from time to time myself... some will be paid to tie into my fantasy and sci-fi product lines... and some will be freebies to add to the main sets already available...

dphoadley ( ) posted Tue, 30 October 2012 at 3:07 PM

What about remaps for V3 and V4 textures?  Would UVs files be complient with the Eula, or Object files rte encoded to the base figure?

STOP PALESTINIAN CHILD ABUSE!!!! ISLAMIC HATRED OF JEWS

Alisa ( ) posted Tue, 30 October 2012 at 3:35 PM

Cheers,
Alisa

RETIRED HiveWire 3D QAV Director

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Tue, 30 October 2012 at 3:39 PM

it's very nice!

cschell ( ) posted Tue, 30 October 2012 at 4:55 PM · edited Tue, 30 October 2012 at 5:09 PM

Quote - What about remaps for V3 and V4 textures?  Would UVs files be complient with the Eula, or Object files rte encoded to the base figure?

I've included texture templates for everything in the downloads... users can feel free to create and release any new textures they wish with them...

The only time rte encoding (or similar) would be needed would be if you were reworking a Cr2 so that you could change something in the rigs etc... also if you remapped the figure to fit with other textures such as V4/V3 etc then yes it would need to be encoded against the origional...

I don't really mind what people want to do with her so long as my origional works are protected from sharing without permission and so long as my origional figure is needed for the new items to work... everything else is as per my standard EULA...

So yes as long as it was encoded against the original (making the origional nessessary to use) it would be compliant... any uv's you made would be your own unless otherwise noted in the EULA of what ever figure you were mapping my Anime Girl to match... so if that Figure says no then that would still apply of course... the only other note I would make is that selling the remapped obj would still be against basic eula though as essentially it is still the origional mesh scultp...

If you do rework her or make an item for her, all I ask is that my origional readme be included in any encoded works or that I get proper credit for my work... and please feel free to email me and let me know what you've done and where you can find it so that I can enjoy it too ;)

dphoadley ( ) posted Tue, 30 October 2012 at 5:02 PM

If I were to remap her to V3 or V4, I would probably send you the object file to distribute from your own site as an additional option on the figure.  That what I did with Antonia when I remapped her for V3.

cschell ( ) posted Tue, 30 October 2012 at 5:11 PM

Quote - If I were to remap her to V3 or V4, I would probably send you the object file to distribute from your own site as an additional option on the figure.  That what I did with Antonia when I remapped her for V3.

That would be an acceptable and fair way to handle it... and would be fine by me... :)

dphoadley ( ) posted Tue, 30 October 2012 at 5:33 PM

Do you have a lo-res version of her, that I could remap, and then that you sub-divide to make the remapping easier?

cschell ( ) posted Tue, 30 October 2012 at 5:43 PM

That I don't have... sadly... I never thought to make a low-res version... just the basic mesh and maps that are currently in the download... also sub-dividing the mesh would stop the current morphs from working... remapping shouldn't do that so long as the number of faces and their locations stay as is...

cschell ( ) posted Sun, 18 November 2012 at 7:13 PM · edited Sun, 18 November 2012 at 7:13 PM

file_488685.jpg

I’ve released a new freebie set of 4 Smart-propped Cheledonian Weapons to go with my Anime Girl Kristin… Find them in the “Armouries” area of my site at www.schells.ca

Please view the Readme files for notes for use and how to get the best results from my new figure and her accessories… Anime Girl Kristin is my new freebie stand-alone figure for Daz and Poser and can be found in the “Barracks” area of my site. This set includes everything you see in the image above!

cschell ( ) posted Wed, 05 December 2012 at 9:41 PM

file_489198.jpg

I’ve released a new set of Facial Expressions Poses in the Barracks at [www.schells.ca](http://www.schells.ca) for my Anime Girl :)

There are 15 poses for a variety of facial expressions including;

Angry
Confused
Crying
Excited
Frowning
Grimacing
Kissing
Laughing
Giving the Raspberry
Shocked/Suprised
Smilling
Sneering
Winking
Yawning
Yelling

Plus a Default expression pose to return her face to it’s default loaded expression! See below for some samples…

Enjoy!! ;)

cschell ( ) posted Tue, 18 December 2012 at 4:03 PM · edited Tue, 18 December 2012 at 4:05 PM

file_489662.JPG

BlackFeather1973 has made a small contribution to the Anime Girl Kristin project… a PowerPose template for Daz Studio 4 that I wanted to let everyone know about... They've also been kind enough to allow me to link to it from my site :)

You can download it from ShareCG : http://www.sharecg.com/v/66374/view/9 ... te-for-Anime-Girl-Kristin

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.