Sun, Jun 16, 11:34 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jun 16 8:21 pm)

Subject: OT: photo realism just took a turn for the weird

Winterclaw ( ) posted Mon, 23 May 2011 at 12:07 PM · edited Sat, 30 March 2024 at 1:51 PM

Nat Geo pic

Weird huh?  It looks like something that could be done in poser.

WARK!

Thus Spoketh Winterclaw: a blog about a Winterclaw who speaks from time to time.

(using Poser Pro 2014 SR3, on 64 bit Win 7, poser units are inches.)

Skip1871 ( ) posted Mon, 23 May 2011 at 12:23 PM

WOW! If that had been posted in the galleries, I'd have gone 'nice shader and a lot of postwork'.

That's an incredible shot :) 

WandW ( ) posted Mon, 23 May 2011 at 12:34 PM
Online Now!

Quote - Weird huh?  It looks like something that could be done in poser.

Looks like something that could be done by Salvadore Dali.  That's wild!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Wisdom of bagginsbill:

"Oh - the manual says that? I have never read the manual - this must be why."
“I could buy better software, but then I'd have to be an artist and what's the point of that?"
"The [R'osity Forum Search] 'Default' label should actually say 'Don't Find What I'm Looking For'".
bagginsbill's Free Stuff... https://web.archive.org/web/20201010171535/https://sites.google.com/site/bagginsbill/Home

JohnDoe641 ( ) posted Mon, 23 May 2011 at 2:11 PM · edited Mon, 23 May 2011 at 2:14 PM

I really wish they either used a wider lens or posted that from a different angle because I don't normally get confused by a photograph, but this one is driving me crazy.

*edit

The more I stare at the picture, the more I'm understanding it, the dunes, I can recognize them as dunes now, but the crazy way it looks like the dunes are flat and going straight up is what's killing me. I guess that's the problem with photos, all flat and stuff. :p

Cage ( ) posted Mon, 23 May 2011 at 2:15 PM · edited Mon, 23 May 2011 at 2:17 PM

That is just beautiful.  The image looks flattened because the background is more or less a natural backdrop and so much light is reflected.  (Err, right?  :unsure:  Plus the lens length and all that....)  Looks like a Modernist painting.  Makes me think of Milton Avery.

===========================sigline======================================================

Cage can be an opinionated jerk who posts without thinking.  He apologizes for this.  He's honestly not trying to be a turkeyhead.

Cage had some freebies, compatible with Poser 11 and below.  His Python scripts were saved at archive.org, along with the rest of the Morphography site, where they were hosted.

thefixer ( ) posted Mon, 23 May 2011 at 2:37 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains profanity

I'm obviously missing something 'cos I think it looks shit..Sorry..

Injustice will be avenged.
Cofiwch Dryweryn.

SamTherapy ( ) posted Mon, 23 May 2011 at 3:13 PM

I love it but I'd hardly say it's weird or even particularly Daliesque.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

SteveJax ( ) posted Mon, 23 May 2011 at 7:00 PM

At first glance I thought all the rubble on the dune was stars.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.