Fri, May 17, 7:25 PM CDT

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 May 16 11:59 pm)

Subject: Poser Plugin for Vue

ProudApache ( ) posted Sun, 24 April 2011 at 8:56 PM · edited Mon, 16 October 2023 at 9:02 AM

I know this question has been asked before but I just bought Vue 9xStream.  I tried to import a PZ3 scene from Poser and it says I need a plugin.  Does anyone know where I can get that plugin from?  Thanks.

JohnDoe641 ( ) posted Sun, 24 April 2011 at 11:31 PM · edited Sun, 24 April 2011 at 11:31 PM

AFAIK Xstream shouldn't need anything extra to import Poser scenes and props. Just make sure you set the directory where Poser is located first.

CyberDream ( ) posted Mon, 25 April 2011 at 12:06 AM

"a plugin" is not very descriptive.  what plugin is it asking for?

I have xStream 9.00-04 build 9005248, I believe it asked me for the location of Poser on the initial import of a pz3, but not since then

ShawnDriscoll ( ) posted Mon, 25 April 2011 at 1:11 AM · edited Mon, 25 April 2011 at 1:16 AM

You need Poser installed.  And you need to know which Poser importer (three to choose from last I saw) to tell Vue to use to read the PZ3.  And point Vue to the folder path containing the Poser application.  In Vue Options you can change the Poser import settings again if you have to.

I'm using the first SDK importer listed which works with Poser 5/6.  The later ones worked with Poser 7/Pro and Poser 8/2010 Pro versions (in theory).

www.youtube.com/user/ShawnDriscollCG

CyberDream ( ) posted Mon, 25 April 2011 at 10:20 AM

I missed the choice on init setup since the box listed "Smith Micro Poser SDK" by default.
In the version I have, there are 3 SDK's named alike with just a different date in parentheses.  The default one worked fine, since I guess the features supported by the others are not used in what I import.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.