Thu, Jun 13, 3:33 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jun 12 6:07 pm)

Subject: Aery_Soul is back as Alfaseed

Paul Francis ( ) posted Sun, 27 March 2011 at 5:23 PM · edited Sun, 27 March 2011 at 5:24 PM

Quote - Somehow this reminds me on something... please help me out... Jethro Tull?! Oh my, I am sooo old - I remember them from times where discotheques used to play them (and Pink Floyd, Genesis, Led Zeppelin...) instead of sounds like "ootz-ootz-ootz

I was brought up in Germany, and can vouch for the fact that Jethro Tull were BIG in the early 70's...I can remember them being played at discos, along with Black Sabbath and Deep Purple.  Magnus hit the nail right on the head; the leg pose is strikingly similar to the one struck by their frontman Ian Anderson whilst playing his flute!  "Bouree" was a minor insrumental hit of theirs here in the UK in about, ooh...1970 or thereabouts, just before "Aqualung".  They helped to invent heavy metal and folk-rock simultaneously.

My self-build system - Vista 64 on a Kingston 240GB SSD, Asus P5Q Pro MB, Quad 6600 CPU, 8 Gb Geil Black Dragon Ram, CoolerMaster HAF932 full tower chassis, EVGA Geforce GTX 750Ti Superclocked 2 Gb, Coolermaster V8 CPU aircooler, Enermax 600W Modular PSU, 240Gb SSD, 2Tb HDD storage, 28" LCD monitor, and more red LEDs than a grown man really needs.....I built it in 2008 and can't afford a new one, yet.....!

My Software - Poser Pro 2012, Photoshop, Bryce 6 and Borderlands......"Catch a  r--i---d-----e-----!"

bopperthijs ( ) posted Sun, 27 March 2011 at 5:27 PM · edited Sun, 27 March 2011 at 5:30 PM

Ah, mr. Anderson I presume. I saw some recent movies of him on Youtube. He lost his long hairs, but he still makes music and he is still as crazy as he used to be. Great guy.

Did they really play Jethro Tull in discotheques? I only remember the "ootz-ootz-ootz", perhaps that's why I don't like disco's.

best regards,

Bopper.

By the way, the glitch on the hip can also be removed with dimension3D morphing tool and a 3D-program like hexagon or Zbrush.

-How can you improve things when you don't make mistakes?

bopperthijs ( ) posted Sun, 27 March 2011 at 5:34 PM

My brother and I had almost all the records of Jethro Tull, allthough I don't remember it was that popular in Holland. I stil can play the bass-line of Bouree, and my brother played the flute.

ah, those old days.

Bopper.

-How can you improve things when you don't make mistakes?

Hawkfyr ( ) posted Sun, 27 March 2011 at 10:11 PM

“… imagine she's very ambidexterous and can body shape in all kinds of directions.”

Do you mean a “contortionist?”

I believe “Ambidextrous” means someone who is both left and right handed.

Anyway…I’m glad she made it to Duncan Doughnuts.

Those Crullers look good on her. 8 )

Saw Jethro Tull in Columbus Ohio on the "Songs Fron The Wood" Tour.

Fricken awesome...My favorite JT song is "To Cry You a song" from the "Benefit" Album.

WoW..That's Kickin it Old School.

No "ootz-ootz-ootz" on that one...

Funny stuff SaintFox

Tom

“The fact that no one understands you…Doesn’t make you an artist.”

Dave-So ( ) posted Sun, 27 March 2011 at 10:17 PM · edited Sun, 27 March 2011 at 10:17 PM

she's that too :)

nothing better than an ambidexterous contortionist woman

Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it.
Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together.
All things connect......Chief Seattle, 1854

Hawkfyr ( ) posted Sun, 27 March 2011 at 11:00 PM

lol...yeah...she can whoop ass with both hands tied behind her back.

8 )

“The fact that no one understands you…Doesn’t make you an artist.”

Silke ( ) posted Mon, 28 March 2011 at 10:02 AM

Ok, totally OT

Don't even ask how long I looked for a copy of Broadsword and the Beast on CD. (It finallly came out, yay, and I grabbed it uh... years ago.) Looooooooooove that album.

And yes, Jethro Tull, Deep Purple and Black Sabbath were played. Along with a lot of others. Though I don't think in Discotheques (at least not in the 80's). We had proper rock clubs for that. :P

(I practically grew up at the Rockfabrik in Ludwigsburg (before the one in Augsburg ever existed) and worked there quite a while, too.)

Silke

AnAardvark ( ) posted Mon, 28 March 2011 at 4:11 PM

Quote - Somehow this reminds me on something... please help me out... Jethro Tull?! Oh my, I am sooo old - I remember them from times where discotheques used to play them (and Pink Floyd, Genesis, Led Zeppelin...) instead of sounds like "ootz-ootz-ootz".

Jethro Tull. Ian Anderson would hop about on one leg while playing flute.

Dave-So ( ) posted Mon, 28 March 2011 at 4:31 PM

and not in a disco, I hope

Afrodite-Ohki ( ) posted Mon, 28 March 2011 at 7:38 PM

I saw all the discussion about that pose and since I was just coming home from my bellydance class I couldn't help but try myself LOL

Yeah... I know, not nearly as pretty. Oh well. Please excuse the lack of tip-toedness, I'm not well-balanced enough. But as far as the leg go, I think close enough, would be better if I were a bit more flexible... I'd say anyone who can open their legs sideways in a 180º angle (like ballerinas practice to do) could do that pose exactly like that.

My version was just for kicks though LOL (and it would seem I need a longer sword too!)

- - - - - - 

Feel free to call me Ohki!

Poser Pro 11, Poser 12 and Poser 13, Windows 10, Superfly junkie. My units are milimeters.

Persephone (the computer): AMD Ryzen 9 5900x, RTX 3070 GPU, 96gb ram.

SaintFox ( ) posted Mon, 28 March 2011 at 8:19 PM

Well - I think "ootz-ootz-ootz" is late ninties, before we had the "boofda-boofda" area. And yes, discotheques played Black Sabbath, Uriah Heep, lots of "One of these days" by Pink Floyd (still works fine for me when I want to dance alone), the early Alan Pason as well, Rory Gallagher, J.J. Cale and such - and of course the Stones, I still can not imagine a good party without the Stones. Well - and then there came Abba (yep, they where indeed great), the Sweet, Slade, T-Rex, the whole glittery scene and everything changed. From now on we had two kind of discos: Colorful ones with these mirror balls and those painted in black that where great at night and awful in the early morning. We used to start our evenings in the colorful ones and end up in the black ones - the funny thing is: The second kind still exists with the same names in the same locations while the colorful ones became outlet stores, arcades with slot machines or, when we where lucky, with pool-tables...

Oh my, now I really feel OLD!! I begin to talk about the good old days :laugh:

I'm not always right, but my mistakes are more interesting!

And I am not strange, I am Limited Edition!

Are you ready for Antonia? Get her textures here:

The Home Of The Living Dolls

Dave-So ( ) posted Mon, 28 March 2011 at 8:24 PM

i've only been to one disco...quite a few times..they played donna summers, kc and the sunshine band, village people, gloria gayner, and all that other disco stuff.

Never heard any rock ... like sotnes, trex, black sabbath or any of that for sure.and definitly no jethro tull

Dave-So ( ) posted Mon, 28 March 2011 at 8:25 PM

wait a minute ... what the disco to do with 'aeryseed ?

Dave-So ( ) posted Mon, 28 March 2011 at 8:28 PM

yikes there aphrodite ... you do have it for sure...BUT ..now do it so we can see which way your thigh is actually twisted and stuff ... I'm thinking you have a fake knee or something like that .

Afrodite-Ohki ( ) posted Mon, 28 March 2011 at 8:37 PM

No way in hell I'm gonna take a photo of my legs with anything shorter than pants before I do some serious shaving here LOL

Joke aside, with bent knees I'm quite flexible. Make them straight and I can't even sit properly xD

My point is... V4 is a 3d model. Meaning she can be anything an artist wants, be that a dancer, a contortionist, a fantasy creature, an alien, list goes on~~ my guess is, if SOMEONE in the world can do it, 3d model is allowed to. It all depends on a person's view of "realism": does it mean it could be real or you think realism means easy to happen with anyone?

As for me, I'm with my boyfriend as far as digital art goes: it I want something exactly like real-life, no nice brush strokes in paintings, no fantasy-like features in 3d... I'd just shoot a photo. Heh.

- - - - - - 

Poser Pro 11, Poser 12 and Poser 13, Windows 10, Superfly junkie. My units are milimeters.

bob1965 ( ) posted Mon, 28 March 2011 at 10:31 PM

Quote - I saw all the discussion about that pose and since I was just coming home from my bellydance class I couldn't help but try myself LOL

Yeah... I know, not nearly as pretty. Oh well. Please excuse the lack of tip-toedness, I'm not well-balanced enough. But as far as the leg go, I think close enough, would be better if I were a bit more flexible... I'd say anyone who can open their legs sideways in a 180º angle (like ballerinas practice to do) could do that pose exactly like that.

My version was just for kicks though LOL (and it would seem I need a longer sword too!)

RUN AWAY before the others try to force feed you doughnuts!!! :lol:

(Some people here won't believe you're a real woman unless you're fat.)

Paul Francis ( ) posted Tue, 29 March 2011 at 4:33 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

file_467300.jpg

Behold the power of the Forum! I lost my mojo, came on here, posted a pic to illustrate a point, modified it a bit and now I'm back in the game; all this and Jethro Tull, too.  Better than therapy!

My self-build system - Vista 64 on a Kingston 240GB SSD, Asus P5Q Pro MB, Quad 6600 CPU, 8 Gb Geil Black Dragon Ram, CoolerMaster HAF932 full tower chassis, EVGA Geforce GTX 750Ti Superclocked 2 Gb, Coolermaster V8 CPU aircooler, Enermax 600W Modular PSU, 240Gb SSD, 2Tb HDD storage, 28" LCD monitor, and more red LEDs than a grown man really needs.....I built it in 2008 and can't afford a new one, yet.....!

My Software - Poser Pro 2012, Photoshop, Bryce 6 and Borderlands......"Catch a  r--i---d-----e-----!"

Afrodite-Ohki ( ) posted Tue, 29 March 2011 at 10:37 AM

Quote - RUN AWAY before the others try to force feed you doughnuts!!! :lol:

Wait... if there will be doughnuts, why should I run away? Gimme!

- - - - - - 

SteveJax ( ) posted Tue, 29 March 2011 at 12:00 PM

I have cookies.

Dave-So ( ) posted Tue, 29 March 2011 at 5:04 PM

I'm thinking you're looking pretty darn good as is ... Afrodite
forego the donuts and stick with something more low cal.

SaintFox ( ) posted Tue, 29 March 2011 at 7:15 PM · edited Tue, 29 March 2011 at 7:16 PM

wait a minute ... what the disco to do with 'aeryseed ?

Hmmmm.... let's see.... I simply enjoyed to pick up the ball, throw it back and see how moods calm down while taking a trip down memory lane 😉 Works perfect in real life too. And now: Back to the original topic with a mild smile on the face :laugh:*

Dave-So ( ) posted Tue, 29 March 2011 at 7:30 PM

foxy

toastie ( ) posted Wed, 30 March 2011 at 1:13 PM

Eeeeeeeep! Fat Alice is seriously scary! :scared:

The pose is easy enough to do for real but there's definitely something wrong with the way Alice's thigh is twisted - is the hip twisted forward and the thigh twisted back or something?

Synpainter ( ) posted Wed, 30 March 2011 at 1:31 PM · edited Wed, 30 March 2011 at 1:32 PM

:::Pst:::

There is a "Thigh Helper" and a "Buttock" adjustment morph included with Alice, sometime the pose will require a bit of help to bring back some of the bulge and or smoothness to the area.

.02 :) 

JohnDoe641 ( ) posted Wed, 30 March 2011 at 4:36 PM

I've never cared for Alice and if I saw someone like that in real life I'd be scared. The clothes I don't care for either, it's the hairs that they've sold which I love. I think the ones I have are L.A., Fable, and Golden Drops hair. Each one is amazing and I really hope they release that straight hair that was in one of the Alice promos months ago.

SaintFox ( ) posted Wed, 30 March 2011 at 4:54 PM

While I am not the big Alice fan as well I like to combine the morphs with others. What I highly doubt is that Alice is meant to look as any person from real life. I think she is pretty much like most clothes of the same brand: A creation for fantasy renders - or meant to be combined with realistic morphs/clothes to add this special extra.

toastie ( ) posted Sat, 23 April 2011 at 12:50 PM

Alice looks like a dancer - except her thighs are way heavy. I know a lot of dancers of a similar shape - without the weird thighs! Some of us in Northern Europe don't carry a lot of extra weight y'know ;)

Was it this thread that someone asked about Golden Drops hair? It's now at RuntimeDNA under a different name. Fantasy Drops or something.

Eric Walters ( ) posted Sun, 24 April 2011 at 11:19 AM

Thanks all- I had some great laughs from reading this thread! I thought Aery Soul had some interesting products. I was going to add my own fake snarky comments-but have no real feelings about the here today-gone tomorrow aspects.

Great Renders Paul Francis! I am in the minority- as I think the first one looks best (not real-human looking-but as a fantasy image)

Alice looks fine as a fantasy creature- an almost-human, Elf maybe?

Afrodite! Great pose- you look great as is- no Donuts needed! :-)

moriador ( ) posted Sun, 24 April 2011 at 12:11 PM

I like Alice sometimes. But not as a human figure. She has no hips. To me, she looks kinda like a very successful sex re-assignment patient in that respect. Very nice, but not quite right. Sorta transsexual.

The less emaciated Alice (I would never call that "big" -- but maybe it's only in poserdom that we think normal looking females are huge) looks much better and more human.

Afrodite knows her own body. If she wants donuts, she should have them. Belly dancing is calorie intense. Can't dance for long on a diet of celery sticks.

Alfaseed, Aery Soul, Awful Soul... well, whatever. The muse is apparently fickle.

PoserPro 2014, PS CS5.5 Ext, Nikon D300. Win 8, i7-4770 @ 3.4 GHz, AMD Radeon 8570, 12 GB RAM.

Afrodite-Ohki ( ) posted Sun, 24 April 2011 at 12:29 PM

Uhm. Thank you! :D

Bellydancing is great, it gives me a lot of flexibility and femininity (is that a word in english? eh, dunno). Yes it burns a lot of calories... No, that's not the reason why I'm thin, I'm just the daughter of my (skinny) father LOL

I think Alice is beautiful, but she's obviously not quite human. I don't think she was made to be. She's supposed to look like fantasy, not to be realistic. I think there's a point in that: if I wanted a render that looks exactly like a photo, I would go and take a photo. I like realistic renders because of the technique, and I like realism in renders in general, but for that case I like to inject at least a bit of fantasy (usually a lot).

As for them changing names, I thought it odd first, then I learned it's not the first time they do it, and I can't help but wonder why. As a graduated graphic designer, I have learned the importance of the strength of a brand, I can't even begin to understand why they would want to reset it when they're so famous and supposedly start anew. Plus I feel a bit bad that, when they left this time, they made a huge suspense in their forums and left us users worrying that they might be quitting poser because of problems or such. Oh well, if it works for them, then good for them, I guess.

- - - - - - 

Dave-So ( ) posted Sun, 24 April 2011 at 12:36 PM

maybe they are like a lot of us. They change their minds, leave, come back, try something like reborn or born again under different name. A fresh start or something.
Maybe thye intende to leave but just love doing the Poser stuff that they come back. Maybe they are just weird...whatever.

SteveJax ( ) posted Sun, 24 April 2011 at 1:26 PM

Maybe they just wanted to stir up the next big debate on Renderosity.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.