Sat, Jun 1, 12:14 AM CDT

Subject: why there're some strange CD icon-style stuff in my render?

FireKDragon ( ) posted Sat, 19 March 2011 at 11:39 AM · edited Mon, 20 May 2024 at 8:26 AM

I use vue9 and i'm working on a project..while redering,I got some problem...

you can see,there're some kind of strange CD icon stuff on the wall(happens in the preview render,final render,etc.)...

looks it only happen on the shadow area of the wall,I can't see it on the bright area(or the ground)

the incline is just a oblique box,the basic object.It's not caused by the materials,because no matter what kind of material I use,it doesn't disappear.I use radiosity,it's not caused by it neither..the same,no matter what kind of lighting mode I use,it doesn't disappear...

OMG,any body can help me out?(I met the same problem last year,but didn't figure it out)

Inukishi ( ) posted Sat, 19 March 2011 at 11:49 PM

Im pretty sure that happens when you install a demo version of Vue, or when you don't license it, but it looks like an E-on watermark, and on your picture it doesn't look quite like it so im honestly puzzled...

i'd recommend deleting every single vue folder from your computer (even the licenses hidden within the program files folder of windows) and try reinstalling it.

FireKDragon ( ) posted Sun, 20 March 2011 at 12:26 AM

Quote - Im pretty sure that happens when you install a demo version of Vue, or when you don't license it, but it looks like an E-on watermark, and on your picture it doesn't look quite like it so im honestly puzzled...

i'd recommend deleting every single vue folder from your computer (even the licenses hidden within the program files folder of windows) and try reinstalling it.

Emmm...I think I found the problem.Not caused by what you guessed,actually I opened the "re-use indirect lighting"and then did some change to the scene,but forgot to re-render the radiosity map...so the old wrong indirect map matched the new scene,caused the strange problem :D

Hope my discovery can help somebody else who also met the same or similar problem:D

ShawnDriscoll ( ) posted Sun, 20 March 2011 at 7:17 AM

Can you post a final render of the scene?

www.youtube.com/user/ShawnDriscollCG

MNArtist ( ) posted Sun, 20 March 2011 at 9:05 AM

OT: What tree and bark texture are you using on the foreground tree? Like that a lot

FireKDragon ( ) posted Sun, 20 March 2011 at 9:37 AM · edited Sun, 20 March 2011 at 9:41 AM

Quote - Can you post a final render of the scene?

I finished it,and changed with a more interesting camera angle.I just want to make it as realistic as I can:D

To MNArtist: you can search the bark map on some pic res website or google with keyword"bark map".I'm sure you will find lots of amazing pictures there.As for me,I get it from a Chinese picture resource website:

http://soso.nipic.com/show/15/2f/b7/80d2d4b55db19a887ef11141be_0______1.html**

MNArtist ( ) posted Sun, 20 March 2011 at 9:53 AM

Cool, thanks!

Osper ( ) posted Tue, 22 March 2011 at 11:36 AM

Nice job!!

JCD ( ) posted Mon, 18 April 2011 at 9:32 AM

I was just looking for some info on this myself, so thanks for pointing out the fix - I was tired of Photoshoping these things out here and there in 9.5 ;)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.