Thu, May 16, 9:44 PM CDT

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 May 16 3:32 am)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: OT: looking for work in USA...

evilsasha ( ) posted Thu, 10 March 2011 at 12:45 PM · edited Wed, 01 May 2024 at 8:05 AM

Hello everyone,

I ask you to help on some bureaucratic issues because from my  country (Italy) it's very difficult to verify.

Before I explain the situation:

Me and my girlfriend will stay until April 2012 in Italy, after we do work experience abroad.
Now we are informed for Australia, but today I thought we could try in the U.S.

What should I do? what kind of visa? and where it should (city) go to work in the sector of architecture, design or Entertaiment?

In Italy I can work like as free-lance with different studio/agency in the same time, We can do the same in U.S.?  What the way for Tax? Sanity? ecc...

My girlfriend is an architect and I'm finishing studies (July orSeptember 2011) like as Designer (Industrial Designer). It would benice to work together or at least in the same city.

Thanks for your answert and if you have other suggestions are welcome. 

Matteo

evolution of my minde - www.art2upz.com
sorry my english

nruddock ( ) posted Thu, 10 March 2011 at 2:31 PM

Attached Link: http://www.usembassy.gov/

Best source of information would be the US embassy website, see attached link to find the most appropriate local site.

CarolSassy ( ) posted Thu, 10 March 2011 at 4:00 PM

Be sure to check the colleges here.  The courses and degrees are not always the same in the USA as in other countries. 

Carol aka Sassy
If you can't stand the heat,
Don't tickle the dragon!

agiel ( ) posted Thu, 10 March 2011 at 6:39 PM

Another helpful resource - the USCIS website - Working in the US.

The best way is to be sponsored by a US employer or a college, but there are other options depending on your situation and the type of job you are doing.

evilsasha ( ) posted Fri, 11 March 2011 at 8:50 AM

Thankx for link, but there is a similar Visa like "Working and Holiday"? 

http://www.immi.gov.au/visitors/working-holiday/

What do you think about USAFIS Organization for "green-card lottery"? Is it a good way or only the "probable fraud" ?

http://www.usafis.org/

I see the U.S. Consulate General in my city and when i find time I check/talk with they. 

Thank you for now

Matteo

sorry my english

ThunderStone ( ) posted Sat, 12 March 2011 at 7:27 AM

Probable fraud... Please if you can see the consulate general office for the real deal, not the online "version". They have been put up by people looking to profit on ignorance and naivete of the general populace.

===========================================================

Poser: Poser 11.3 ...... Units: inches or meters depends on mood
Bryce: Bryce Pro 7.1.074
Image Editing: Corel Paintshop Pro
Renderer: Superfly, Firefly

9/11/2001: Never forget...

Smiles are contagious... Pass it on!

Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday

nruddock ( ) posted Sat, 12 March 2011 at 7:56 AM

Quote - Probable fraud... Please if you can see the consulate general office for the real deal, not the online "version". They have been put up by people looking to profit on ignorance and naivete of the general populace.

For online information, the best policy would be to only use sites from the .gov domain.

ThunderStone ( ) posted Sat, 12 March 2011 at 8:06 AM

Quote - > Quote - Probable fraud... Please if you can see the consulate general office for the real deal, not the online "version". They have been put up by people looking to profit on ignorance and naivete of the general populace.

For online information, the best policy would be to only use sites from the .gov domain.

Yes, that would be good but then there have been criminal organizations that have managed to get their hands on that coverted extension.   So "Be very cautious online" would be the very best precaution.

===========================================================

Poser: Poser 11.3 ...... Units: inches or meters depends on mood
Bryce: Bryce Pro 7.1.074
Image Editing: Corel Paintshop Pro
Renderer: Superfly, Firefly

9/11/2001: Never forget...

Smiles are contagious... Pass it on!

Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday

evilsasha ( ) posted Sat, 12 March 2011 at 9:29 AM

Thank you for your help

Matteo

sorry my english

evilsasha ( ) posted Thu, 20 June 2013 at 11:15 AM

Hi everyone,

we arrive in USA for our honeymoon :)

It will definitely be a first "encounter with a new culture" then you can give me some advice on:

where to find a hotel at a good price ?
where to eat (also typical food) ?
What we must necessarily visit ?

also... what the company of entertaiment is in that cities and we can visit it?

We will be in the following cities

• New York
  • Washington
  • Chicago

Thank you all for now and have a nice day

Matteo

sorry my english

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.