Fri, Jun 14, 12:20 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jun 13 12:32 am)

Subject: As many of you uses Poser, I prefer to ask you first...

gebe ( ) posted Mon, 30 July 2001 at 12:38 PM · edited Fri, 15 December 2023 at 9:59 PM

I have a Poser giraffe since about a year. I downloaded it from a site what doesn't exist any more. When my last HD died, I lost the mapping for this giraffe (the texture file only). Does one of you have it and can give it to me, please ? Or tell me where I can find it ? And a question about Poser Vicky. I just bought it (nude without cloth) with the upgrade to Victoria 2. But I'm very disappointed about her ugly thick eye brows (grrr! or "beurk" in french). I have tried to get rid of it, but without success. Do you know how I must behave ? Thanks alot for your help. :-)Guitta

agiel ( ) posted Mon, 30 July 2001 at 12:49 PM

The eyebrow problem is a real pain when you get started with vicky2. You can find detailed tips about it in the poser forum (search 'vicky eyebrow'). If you can't wait, here is a summary : One way to get rid of them is to click on the face and look for the 'upper eyebrow gone' dial. It is a direct way to get rid of the problem. The other way is to go to the 'material' panel. - Select 'upper eyebrow'. Set 'min and max transparency' to 100%. Make sure the 'highlight' color is set to black. I hope this will help.

Petunia ( ) posted Mon, 30 July 2001 at 1:31 PM

I will delve into my myriad of files I have been meaning to sort for eons (hehehe) and see if I can locate that.. I seem to remember a giraffe and baby... is that it do you think?

Varian ( ) posted Mon, 30 July 2001 at 1:45 PM

Perhaps you could run UVMapper on the giraffe OBJ and create a new template for it? Maybe was it from www.pixelatious.com ? Scott has a bunch of freeware animals he's been making for Poser, but I don't remember if there is a giraffe in the bunch.

Daffy34 ( ) posted Mon, 30 July 2001 at 3:53 PM

I think I know where you got that. I belive the creator's name was John...I can't remember his last name. He did some whales, some animals (kangaroo, giraffe, ostrich), and he did mostly dinos. I think Bill did a texture map for one or two of those dinos too if I'm not mistaken. I'll look thru all my backup cds and look for it...I think I have to have it somewhere. :) Laurie

gebe ( ) posted Mon, 30 July 2001 at 4:47 PM

Thanks, but all this will not help me :-(. Yes Laurie, that was the place. I think the site was http://www.amazing3d.com/ where is nothing now. Paint a new template doesn't interest me, because I never could do it as well as the original was. No giraffe in my kitchen (LOL) to take a real example. About Vicki's eyebrows... I have seen soooo many pics from Vue users with vicky and normal eye brows... Even at Daz3D they never show Vicki with these awful things (they just try to sell it quickly) hm ! surprised nobody knows how to get rid of the thick ones. Also surprised I cannot find any texture.tif or jpg or bmp file for vicki in my whole Poser folder, so that I could paint over it. Where is it ? what's its name ? (the file, I mean) I have tried agiel's idea. "eyebrow gone" makes it thick gray. min and max transparency doesn't work either. I went to the poser forum and could not find better. Where is the tif or whatever file of vicki (even my research cannot find it) where I could paint the eye brows only, not the whole figure like on a template ???. If ever there is a nice person who helps the poor me.... Thanks!!! :-)Guitta

gebe ( ) posted Mon, 30 July 2001 at 4:52 PM

file_196507.jpg

Daz Victoria as selled

gebe ( ) posted Mon, 30 July 2001 at 4:53 PM

file_196508.jpg

My Victoria (both V2)

Petunia ( ) posted Mon, 30 July 2001 at 5:19 PM

Guitta.. is that where you get your textures? your kitchen? LOL me too!! I don't know how many times Murray comes home to find me in there with my camera taking photos of the food I was supposed to be turning into a meal for him!! Also, I have been known to get the urge to garden in the middle of winter, so I repot all my houseplants on the kitchen floor LOL. Poor Murray gets dinner eventually.

agiel ( ) posted Mon, 30 July 2001 at 5:23 PM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/messages.ez?Form.ShowMessage=339366

Here is a thread in the poser forum that discusses the issue. I think there is a tutorial somewhere too but I can't find it anymore.

raven ( ) posted Mon, 30 July 2001 at 5:44 PM

file_196509.jpg

Guitta, this may seem a basic question, but do you have a Vicki map? Your picture of V2 doesn't look like she has a map applied. She doesn't come with a texture as standard. Plus, by the dots on her eyelashes, that shows an unrendered picture. Here's an example pic to show what I mean. I hope this helps some.

MikeJ ( ) posted Mon, 30 July 2001 at 8:25 PM

And also, you can use a regular Vicki 1 texture on Vicki 2. I didn't even bother to buy the Vicki 2 texture for that reason. I always use the "brows gone" slider at 1.000, and I too have yet to figure out Vicki's "Upper eyebrows"... Another thing you could do is to open the bMilWom.obj (Vicki's .OBJ file) in UV Mapper and select the eyebrow material (Select-By Material) and then when it's highlighted, enlarge it by dragging on a corner, just like the way you enlarge something in Vue. You could save your new UV map, and use it solely for making your own eyebreow texture.

Daffy34 ( ) posted Mon, 30 July 2001 at 9:49 PM

Attached Link: http://members.fortunecity.com/cloudlandcastledesigns/characaters.html

Hi Guitta, Unfortunately I cannot find that giraffe althought I JUST KNOW that I have it somewhere! I did find a link to another giraffe that I think is derived from the same model and given ears and new textures. Maybe you could try that one?

gebe ( ) posted Tue, 31 July 2001 at 4:51 AM

Thanks again to all. Vicki 1 has also this kind of eye brows and even in trying every thing what was said here and in the Poser forum, I cannot get rid of it. Funny thing, Mike, I don't have any bMilWom.obj in my Poser folder. Also I cannot do what you said :-( Why don't I have this obj file ??? I even searched for a vicki or victoria2 OBJ. NONE ! When I set the upper brows to "brows gone" and 1.000 in vicki 1, I get thick grey eye brows. Ravebn, Vicki 1 is supposed to come with her texture files, but cannot find it either. How are they called ? When I open vicki 1 in Poser, in the materials folder every thing is set to NONE. And the face looks ugly, even rendered. But as I cannot find any mapping for it.... Yes, I have Poser updated to 4.03 and I have tried to reinstall vicki and the upgrade to victoria2. I will break all my saucers and glasses if I don't find out what to do. Thanks to Daffy for the address :-). Nice site. I will see what I find there. Looks great. HEEEEELP ! :-( & :-)Guitta

MikeJ ( ) posted Tue, 31 July 2001 at 5:45 AM

Guitta, if you didn't have the bMilWom.obj file, Vicki wouldn't open at all. It's under the Geometries directory in a folder named "Zygote People". The textures for Vicki 1 should be in the directory: ...Poser4RuntimetexturesZygoteCharacters, and are called MilHeadM and MilBodyM and MilHeadM2 and MilBodyM2. That's only if you bought the "Vicki Map" when you bought Vicki 1, otherwise the model itself didn't come with textures. So if you click on the Vicki Map 1 or 2 character in your Poser Figures library, she should load with all the necessary textures in place. The Vicki 2 character doesn't come with textures, and all the body parts are assigned a RGB color instead. So, you need to take your Vicki 1 textures and apply them one at a time to Vicki 2, but with each part, set the color to white, or the RGB color may override your textures. Also, the Vicki 1 "Map" characters come with bump and trans as well, so you need to apply those to Vicki 2 in the same way, for the eyebrows and lashes. I HATE the way Zygote/DAZ does this, with just a .exe installer, and no information. it took me half a day to figure it all out too. :( I hope this helps, Guitta. is it possible you just thought you were also getting the textures with Vicki 1? Aside from this, I can't think of anything else to say. If you don't have the bMilWom.obj file, you have something seriously weird going on, because it shouldn't be able to work any other way! Without that geometry file, Vicki or Vicki 2 simply would not load.

Wizzard ( ) posted Tue, 31 July 2001 at 5:55 AM

Guitta? within the Poser free stuff... there's a number of MAT Pose files what these do is apply the textures /colour the skin etc [usually to white] all in one step.. elsewise it's a tedious precess.... applying the head to every thing.. then applying the body to the various body parts 8 the milwom.obj should be in geometrieszygotezygote people or geometrys]DAZMilwom depending on when you bought her? hrmmmmm...... give the mat files a shot first? if your hair and china's still in danger let me know.. we'll figure something out for ye 8 )

gebe ( ) posted Tue, 31 July 2001 at 6:15 AM

Thanks Wizzard, I have found a file called "bvickyP4.obj" in my DAZ directory (I bought at Daz3D). Is this the obj file for both vicky 1 and 2 ? I cannot believe they have the same shape ?? I have 3 vicki figures showing up in Poser, called Vicky Victoria 2 Vicky 2 P4 What does this mean? The faces are all ugly, only the body shapes are different for each one. I also will go to see at Poser free stuff and try to understand what I have to do... in english (hm) For the moment, almost every thing at my home and my body is in danger...

MikeJ ( ) posted Tue, 31 July 2001 at 7:32 AM

OK, I guess I have mine in the Zygote People folder because I bought Vicki 1 when it was still just Zygote and not DAZ. So I guess the installer looks for that, and creates a DAZ folder if necessary. Both V1 and V2 rely on the same .obj geometry. The Vicki 2 P4, Guitta, is a Vicki head on a Posette (P4) body, so you can use the Vicki head morphs, and Posette's clothes will fit on the body. If you don't have a Vicky Map 1 and a Vicki Map 2 character in either a DAZ People or a Zygote people folder in your character library, then you didn't buy the Vicki with the textures included, OR, you only downloaded part of the package. if you think you did buy it all, you ought to contact DAZ.

SAMS3D ( ) posted Tue, 31 July 2001 at 8:12 AM

Boy Guitta, what a mess. I bought for the first time Victoria, comes with Vicky/P4. I had no textures when I bought them. Had just what you had, big thick gross eyebrows. I bought the textures one week later. Had to manipulte them too. Not happy with my buy though. Expensive when you have to buy both. Anyway, I had to apply all transparency maps to the brows both eyebrows and upperbrows, I have 2 sets to deal with, and hit the dial brows gone like Mike said. I am sorry I can't help you here, I am still learning myself, but when I get it, I will write it down for sure and send you my discovery. Then we will make another tutorial just for those dumb eyebrows. Sharen:)

MikeJ ( ) posted Tue, 31 July 2001 at 3:26 PM

Guitta, I have found a decent MAT texture file in the Poser Free Stuff here called "Genesee Texture for Vicki 1 & 2" The great thing about the MAT files is that if you apply them to a Vicki 1 or 2 character, all the textures load to all the body parts, and yu don' have to go crazy loading everything separately. And, you can edit the texture files, if you don't like them, in your paint program, and save them as the same name in the same folder, and then apply your new one in the same way. :) I found this one by running a search for "MAT" in the textures section of the Poser Free Stuff here. I would give you the specific URL to the zip, but I can't tell what it is. Also, there are a good amount of FREE Vicki textures available in normal form. :) Again, as far as at least part of the eyebrow problem is concerned, finding the "Brows gone" dial in the head morphs and setting it to 1.000, will always eliminate at least that part of the problem. I still have yet to see a use for those "Upper Eybrows".

MikeJ ( ) posted Tue, 31 July 2001 at 3:29 PM

Oh, BTW, the MAT texture I'm talking about is by "hankim". It will also apply certain morphs to the figure, but you can reset those if you don't like them. This texture is fairly dark, but as I said, can be lightened or altered in any way. Especially by someone like you, who knows her way around a paint program. :)

Daffy34 ( ) posted Tue, 31 July 2001 at 3:48 PM

Okay...I had TONS of problems with Vicky 2's eyebrows. Some of the good folks over at big-i.com helped me thru it. I was also ready to bite the head off of the first person who even looked at me crosseyed while I was working on this. I fooled with it for 2 hours and could not get them right. Putting the "Brows Gone" dial on 1.00 did absolutely NOTHING. I think that my problem was that I was using a Vicky 1 texture on my Vicky 2 model. The Vicky 1 tex has no trans for the eyebrows so I am told. As soon as I pasted on a Vicky 2 tex and adjusted all the things I was told to adjust, all was well :). When I get home Guitta, I'll open that Poser scene file and look at all the settings I used for her eyebrows and let ya know. I know how frustrating it is. You can't back the eyebrows into the head like you could on Vicky 1. Laurie

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.