Sat, Jun 1, 12:38 PM CDT

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jun 01 3:00 am)

Ingrid Dress G8F

$15.00 USD

SuperHero Amazon for G3F Volume 6

$10.99 USD 30% Off
$7.69 USD

Subject: Scaling in Poser 8

FaeMoon ( ) posted Sun, 31 January 2010 at 11:50 PM · edited Sun, 29 October 2023 at 10:23 PM

I was attempting to use the scaling feature in Poser 8 to make V4.2 shorter - Juevenille.   It seemed to work for everything but her hands which turned into giant balloon hands.  Is there a way around this?  Seems odd for it to scale everything but t the hands which get like 3 times as big.

Belladzines ( ) posted Mon, 01 February 2010 at 12:05 AM · edited Mon, 01 February 2010 at 12:09 AM

i just tried that myself to try to help you .. in poser 8 and i found that if i highlight the balloon arm and hand and then go to properties when you double click on it, makes a menu pop up ..., unclick visible and it goes away .. but leaves her arm somewhat intact - her hands look funny ... i'm still looking to find a way to not have ot do this ....

also found that her head is just too big for her body .... not sure why .... yet.

Vestmann ( ) posted Mon, 01 February 2010 at 12:31 AM

How exactly are you scaling her?  Are you using Figure Height from the Figure menu?  'Cause that won't work very well.  If you have Morphs++, there are scaling options under Morphforms that let you scale her hands, head, leg and chest.   You can also get the Unhide Dials script from Dimension3D that lets you unhide the scaling dials for her bodyparts.  The script can be found here:

Unhide Dials

Vestmann's Gallery

Belladzines ( ) posted Mon, 01 February 2010 at 12:33 AM

thankyou Vestmann .... that helps!!

Vestmann ( ) posted Mon, 01 February 2010 at 12:34 AM

...and if you choose to use the Unhide Dials script, make sure you also get the Copy Scaling script that automatically scales conforming clothing to your figure:

Copy Scaling

D3D also has a lot of other cool scripts for free.

Vestmann's Gallery

Vestmann ( ) posted Mon, 01 February 2010 at 12:34 AM

Quote - thankyou Vestmann .... that helps!!

No problem.  Glad I can help ;)

Vestmann's Gallery

NoelCan ( ) posted Mon, 01 February 2010 at 12:50 AM

file_447456.jpg

Maybe this feature is what You need..

NoelCan ( ) posted Mon, 01 February 2010 at 12:54 AM

Ooops,,   I seem to have dropped WAY behind in this thread,  disregard  above..!!

wdupre ( ) posted Mon, 01 February 2010 at 1:33 AM

yeah figure height in the poser figure dropdown is a legacy feature, from what I recall it last worked properly with the P4 figures, they pretty much abandoned supporting Figure Height when conforming clothing was developed and any kind of scaling became a problem with the clothing.

NoelCan ( ) posted Mon, 01 February 2010 at 1:36 AM

Then why is it still there for all to try, and by trying create problems for themselves..?

seachnasaigh ( ) posted Mon, 01 February 2010 at 6:51 AM

Well, the P4 dolls are still useful;  they are much lower poly than the DAZ gen3/4 dolls (or current P8 dolls), and have only a few material zones.  This means that they can be used to populate scenes at relatively low cost in system resources, while you have one or two "hero" models in the foreground.

Poser 12, in feet.  

OSes:  Win7Prox64, Win7Ultx64

Silo Pro 2.5.6 64bit, Vue Infinite 2014.7, Genetica 4.0 Studio, UV Mapper Pro, UV Layout Pro, PhotoImpact X3, GIF Animator 5

FaeMoon ( ) posted Mon, 01 February 2010 at 7:02 AM

I wil try that.  Thanks!  :)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.