Sat, Jun 1, 5:34 AM CDT

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 May 27 10:13 pm)

Subject: Vue 8 series -- no joy on pricing

Dave-So ( ) posted Fri, 06 November 2009 at 5:46 AM · edited Thu, 18 April 2024 at 1:55 AM

Well, I would have thought Eon would have some opening salvo sales, but not a thing. The upgrade pricing is anything but attractive.
I am using Vue 6 Studio, hich looks like that's where I stop unless the prices come down quite a bit in a sale sometime along, and that depends on if I have the cash.

Too bad they pull all the other versions when the new comes out. Poser is a pretty good example of how I think it should be. Give everyone a chance to catch up.

Oh well

Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it.
Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together.
All things connect......Chief Seattle, 1854

Dave-So ( ) posted Fri, 06 November 2009 at 5:49 AM

what's even more interesting, I usually get their newsletter and emails, but absolutely nothing about the 8 line, other than infinite and whatever that other high end one is.

Hoofdcommissaris ( ) posted Fri, 06 November 2009 at 6:03 AM

You will get informed about the complete line today, I was.
The site has problems, I only got blank pages for some time.

Jonj1611 ( ) posted Fri, 06 November 2009 at 6:04 AM

I had an email a few mins ago, but if you go to e-on's site and click on Vue 8 Complete and below it just brings up blank pages, well it does for me.

Jon

DA Portfolio - http://jonj1611.daportfolio.com/

kenmo ( ) posted Fri, 06 November 2009 at 10:34 AM

I'm a Vue Pro Studio 7 user/owner and I'm not certain what new features or advantages Vue 8 offers? E-on is doing a less then inspirational promotional on the new Vue....

andrewe_665 ( ) posted Fri, 06 November 2009 at 11:00 AM

And judging the amount of people who come to this forum these days, it would seem that there are far less people using VUE these days, I stayed at 6 because of the price of the upgrade to 7

Rutra ( ) posted Fri, 06 November 2009 at 11:22 AM

Quote - "I'm a Vue Pro Studio 7 user/owner and I'm not certain what new features or advantages Vue 8 offers? E-on is doing a less then inspirational promotional on the new Vue...."

Just open e-on site, click on the promotional banner, click on the details of the product you're interested in and then click on "New in Vue 8". It seems pretty straightforward to me.

Quote - "And judging the amount of people who come to this forum these days, it would seem that there are far less people using VUE these days, I stayed at 6 because of the price of the upgrade to 7"

I don't see any visible decrease in posts in this forum, but maybe TheBryster can provide some stats? It would be interesting to know the evolution in number of posts or threads.
Anyway, this forum is for users of all versions, not only 8. So, if some user stayed at version 6, he's still a user...

Dave-So ( ) posted Fri, 06 November 2009 at 4:31 PM

all the pages are there, all the features, but the sale is not.

Rutra ( ) posted Fri, 06 November 2009 at 4:49 PM

Quote - "what's even more interesting, I usually get their newsletter and emails, but absolutely nothing about the 8 line, other than infinite and whatever that other high end one is."

e-on always follows the same strategy. The first newsletters focus on the professional lines and a few days or weeks later the information on the artistic line comes as well. From a marketing point of view I think it makes sense, but anyway our opinion about their marketing strategy is irrelevant.

Quote - "all the pages are there, all the features, but the sale is not."

I guess you mean the new features don't convince you to upgrade, at least not at that price. Well, the value of a new feature is a very relative thing. If you find no or little use for the new features, then the price is too high. If the new features are vital for you, the price is fair or even low. Whatever the case, it's your personal case only, it's not a general truth.

Dave-So ( ) posted Fri, 06 November 2009 at 5:10 PM

I've been around for a rather long time on this earth. I've finally realized that no matter what you think, nobody else much gives a shit .. its pretty much every man for themselves.
let overall the corporation puke down your throat, no one even utters a wimper. Its really sickening the apathetic mentallity . seems like years ago...30-40 , people actually had some balls to stand up and do something. not any more... just let it go...

now you may ask, what the hell does this statement have to do with Vue and e-on, and this forum. its just that it hit me at this moment, as I'm in a really pissy mood and my sentiments are falling out of my gut.

Rutra ( ) posted Fri, 06 November 2009 at 5:22 PM

No one forces you to buy Vue. If you find it's too expensive, just don't buy it. That's the best "stand up and do something" that you can do.

I hope you don't believe that coming to a forum somewhere on the net and cry that its price is too high corresponds to a "stand up and do something"... That's just venting your frustration, completely harmless and not too far from "apathetic mentality".

ShawnDriscoll ( ) posted Fri, 06 November 2009 at 5:34 PM

Quote - all the pages are there, all the features, but the sale is not.

What sale are you looking for?

www.youtube.com/user/ShawnDriscollCG

Rutra ( ) posted Fri, 06 November 2009 at 6:26 PM · edited Fri, 06 November 2009 at 6:26 PM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/showthread.php?thread_id=2786711

Funny that just now thd777 posted his opinion about the upgrade in another thread. Dave-So, maybe you should read it. Fits perfectly with what I wrote.

Dave-So ( ) posted Fri, 06 November 2009 at 7:53 PM

the release sale. like here it is and its cheaper for the next 10 days or something likre that.
i have no problem with the features..i can use many of them, but its not worth the price to ME. Also, the fact they pull the older version is not good in MY opnion.

Quote - > Quote - all the pages are there, all the features, but the sale is not.

What sale are you looking for?

I've also written a letter to eon,, so maybe thats more in line with getting off ones duff and doing something, although I have done so in the past and have called them..they are not very giving as a company and have no problem telling a customer tough shit..but not quite in those words, but the point gets across. thats ok..i will just continue on using 6, but it woudlbe great to now be able to buy 7 at a very attractive price. I have upgraded Vue all the way form 2-6 but now cannot spend that much cash on it, so I"m now priced out of upgrading.
so whatever ... I give ...

ShawnDriscoll ( ) posted Fri, 06 November 2009 at 10:16 PM

Maybe they'll have a New Year or Spring Cleaning sale then some time.

chippwalters ( ) posted Sun, 08 November 2009 at 2:04 AM

Daveso, 

I don't remember e-on having product launch sales-- of course I could be missing something. They run a business and try and charge a fair price. This is so they can continue to improve the product, pay their programmers and make a bit of profit. This is a tried and true system of free enterprise. People vote with their wallet-- and it appears e-on has done a better job of surviving than the original Poser, Bryce, and some other 3D companies have.

This is probably because they obviously provide a product which people will buy. The last Toyota I purchased, I received zero discount-- because the model was popular, and if I didn't buy, there were people standing behind me that would. Until there is a serious competitor to Vue, e-on will continue with a huge competitive advantage for this segment of 3D.

I remember when Alias was the cream-of-the-crop and could demand whatever price they wished. But then 3DStudio/Max came along, and SoftImage and Newtek and it became clear they no longer had a competitive advantage-- so their price dropped. Perhaps some day, the same will happen with e-on, but they seem to have such a huge head start, I can't imagine it would be easy to catch up.

BTW, there are a few here at the Rendo Vue forum who take offense to such language as yours. Please clean it up.

Dave-So ( ) posted Sun, 08 November 2009 at 8:42 AM

mommy, mommy,  please, not the lye soap, please please, I'm beggin

CobraEye ( ) posted Sun, 08 November 2009 at 11:04 PM

Ahh, and the fanbois chime in.  lol

Stereo no less...

Vue has become so transparent in their sale scams that most aren't falling for it. 

It's left a bitter taste in everyone's mouth except for the fanboy and girls.

Upgrading every 4 months regardless of any real benefits shows that e-on has lost touch with most of it's user base.

Sales must be a pity at e-on.  Their backed in a corner spending most of their resources on creative sale ways of dividing up their buggy (crash alot) program

ShawnDriscoll ( ) posted Sun, 08 November 2009 at 11:23 PM

If E-on can target themselves at more than one customer base, more power to them.  They added a lot of features in Vue 8 Infinite that I asked for.  And they released early fixes/patches for me even though I wasn't a maintenance subscriber.  The least I could do is buy version 8 to support them.  I didn't report any bugs to E-on since I haven't run into any from normal use.

I don't mind E-on going after the buy-content-and-render crowd, as long as they still support users who model scenes from scratch.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.