Sat, Jun 1, 7:00 AM CDT

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jun 01 6:55 am)

VERSUS - Aeris Bodysuit

$9.85 USD 30% Off
$6.90 USD

Snowy Walk

$7.95 USD

Subject: Vue 7 pro God Rays?

uncle808us ( ) posted Mon, 12 October 2009 at 12:55 PM · edited Thu, 16 May 2024 at 4:46 PM

I have been trying to watch god ray tutorials on Geekatplay but the tuts stop in the middle.  Here's what I need to know to have godrays does the sunlite  have to be volumetric? I 've been trying to get some rays but as of yet no success.

MacBook Pro OSX El Capitan Ver 10.11.6

ShawnDriscoll ( ) posted Tue, 13 October 2009 at 4:12 AM

Do you have the Vue content?  There are Godray sample scenes to load and look at.

www.youtube.com/user/ShawnDriscollCG

uncle808us ( ) posted Tue, 13 October 2009 at 2:22 PM

I looked thru the samples in Vue6 esprit, vue6 pro and vue 7 pro and didn't see any on godrays.

ShawnDriscoll ( ) posted Tue, 13 October 2009 at 2:38 PM

I guess their content is different from Infinite's.  Vue Infinite 8 does Godrays (sun flares) without asking now.  A more artsy effect though if you ask me since it only happens when certain camera filters are used.  Not all the time just with the naked eye.

ArtPearl ( ) posted Tue, 13 October 2009 at 3:05 PM

I have vue 7 complete and the godrays sample vue file was on the extra's download.
it is in the folder "/Scenes/Sample Animations" an called 04_Godrays.vue.
The atmosphere is spectral,  the sun light isnt volumetric.

"I paint that which comes from the imagination or from dreams, or from an unconscious drive. I photograph the things that I do not wish to paint, the things which already have an existence."
Man Ray, modernist painter
http://artpearl.redbubble.com/

chippwalters ( ) posted Wed, 14 October 2009 at 2:56 AM

In order for godrays to appear, you need to be sure and set the sunlight type to Volumetric sunlight(7) and check the Godrays checkbox (not really necessary as Volumetric sunlight forces Godrays on– but it’s a good habit and won’t confuse you later). Without Volumetric sunlight, you can’t have godrays.

I've been spending an inordinate amount of time working with godrays lateley, and will be posting a bunch of pretty nice godrays images soon, but in the meantime, you can check out my blog for the rest of the above tutorial on godrays.

uncle808us ( ) posted Wed, 14 October 2009 at 8:56 AM

Thank you very much.

ArtPearl ( ) posted Wed, 14 October 2009 at 9:40 AM

file_441238.jpg

Interesting. I thought I MUST select Godrays but selecting volumetric wasnt important. E-on's example file has it this way - see screen capture.

"I paint that which comes from the imagination or from dreams, or from an unconscious drive. I photograph the things that I do not wish to paint, the things which already have an existence."

ShawnDriscoll ( ) posted Wed, 14 October 2009 at 12:03 PM

It's still volumetric.  Just "no shadows on clouds" is also enabled.

ArtPearl ( ) posted Wed, 14 October 2009 at 12:23 PM

From what I can see, you can only chose one out of the 3 options , projected shadows, no projected shadows and volumetric sunlight. In my screen-capture volumetric light was not selected but there still are godrays. Also if you edit the sunlight, in the 'volumetric' tab the 'enable volumetric lighting' is not selected.
Even though the volumetric light is not selected in either of the two places, it seems to be activated automatically by chosen godrays, which is very nice. And as Chipp pointed out it also seems to work if you set volumetric lights on but do not select  god rays.

ShawnDriscoll ( ) posted Wed, 14 October 2009 at 2:30 PM

The Atmosphere Light menu is also where you want to do settings.

uncle808us ( ) posted Wed, 14 October 2009 at 3:34 PM

Thank you all for the replies, every bit helps. I still am rendering my tries but no great success so far. just spending days rendering. test after test.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.