Mon, Jun 3, 4:14 AM CDT

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jun 03 12:49 am)

Subject: What would you do?

Monsoon ( ) posted Fri, 25 September 2009 at 6:52 AM · edited Thu, 23 May 2024 at 10:06 PM

My challenge....

A 3 panel triptych, landscape oriented, for a wall in a medical building. A single scene, composed and rendered in Vue, then Painterized by hand/stroke.

My question to you is, how would you set up Vue for this?  What aspect ratio and focal length would you use?

I've been out of the Vue scene for a while and I don't think I've ever rendered beyond Vue's default. So my commissioned challenge finds me Vue challenged lol.......

Any counsel would be greatly appreciated.

Oh and it's great to see all the fabulous work in the gallery here. Vuers rock the 3d socks!!!!

Best regards,

M

bruno021 ( ) posted Fri, 25 September 2009 at 9:40 AM

I would try to think like if I were taking a real picture in the real world. What focal length would be needed, it depends on the kind of scenery lying in front of you. If a white sandy beach, Vue's defaut 35mm can be good, but if a rocky desert or a landscape with many interesting points of view, I'd go for 28mm, which is considered  a wide angle shot, and is vastly used by real camears, so this would look natural to the viewer's eye.
Of course, there's always the panoramic view, and if you want to go this way, you don't need to worry about anything, Vue will take care of it by selecting panorama in the render format. Just be sure to keep the camera steady, or you'll get distortion.

chippwalters ( ) posted Sat, 26 September 2009 at 3:10 AM

Mark,

I suppose it matters what it is you want to show. For a long wide scene, then Bruno's correct, you want a shorter lens..28 or even smaller. But if you're showing full figures, full height, you may want a much less-distorted camera focal length, like 50 or even 100...depends.

Do you have an image similar to the one you want to create? That would be my first step-- do some web research and piece together what it is you want to do.

Best of luck! -Chipp

Flak ( ) posted Sat, 26 September 2009 at 3:35 AM

Sounds a great project you've landed :)

Out of curiosity, whats the size of the final 3 panel image you're after? The aspect ratio of the panels might end up deciding the type of scene/landscape you try, which, as chipp and bruno have suggested,  might  effect camera setups.

Dreams are just nightmares on prozac...
Digital WasteLanD

Monsoon ( ) posted Sat, 26 September 2009 at 4:21 AM

Thanks folks for the needed direction.

silverblade33 ( ) posted Sat, 26 September 2009 at 11:25 AM

Not that I can help, but, just wanted ot say HI! !!, Monson :)

"I'd rather be a Fool who believes in Dragons, Than a King who believes in Nothing!" www.silverblades-suitcase.com
Free tutorials, Vue & Bryce materials, Bryce Skies, models, D&D items, stories.
Tutorials on Poser imports to Vue/Bryce, Postwork, Vue rendering/lighting, etc etc!

Monsoon ( ) posted Sat, 26 September 2009 at 5:15 PM

Hey there Silverblade!!  

I've got a paleontologist colleague over there trapsing about the Highlands somewhere at this present time. Haven't heard from him since he left. He's newly single so keep an eye out for a fellow with pick, probably a wench and most definitely a sheepish grin lol......

Cheers,

M

silverblade33 ( ) posted Sun, 27 September 2009 at 2:45 AM

Ah so he's going ot pick up one of sheep wenches is he? lot of wool in them their Highlands...cheesy grin ;)

I kno there's a few place sin Scotland, Jura is one, iirc, where there's extremely ancient rocks and fossils :)

so what ye been doing pal? art or managing C3D? been wondering where ye'd got to!

"I'd rather be a Fool who believes in Dragons, Than a King who believes in Nothing!" www.silverblades-suitcase.com
Tutorials on Poser imports to Vue/Bryce, Postwork, Vue rendering/lighting, etc etc!

Monsoon ( ) posted Sun, 27 September 2009 at 1:18 PM

Not been doin' much except real life's day to day and trying to stay out of the rest of the world's way.  Try to game an hour or two a week. Just finished Wolfenstein. This is the first I've picked up Vue in a while so it'll be interesting to see where it leads.....

Monsoon ( ) posted Sun, 27 September 2009 at 1:20 PM

I'm so psyched for Avatar. I haven't been this excited about something media wise for a very long time. Got the game on pre order too!

silverblade33 ( ) posted Sun, 27 September 2009 at 2:00 PM

Heh Wolfenstein #3 is great!! ah the joys of sniping Nazis :p

Alas, STALKER Shadow of Pripiyat has been pushed ot next year :( those games are AWESOME!!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.