Mon, Jun 17, 3:33 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jun 16 8:21 pm)

Subject: Poser 8 killed my cat!

MikeJ ( ) posted Mon, 21 September 2009 at 9:32 PM · edited Sun, 16 June 2024 at 10:17 PM

Poser 8 killed my cat!

Right after I installed it and ran it for the first time... bam - all hell broke loose!
First the cat dropped over, but that's okay - he shed too much anyway.

But then, one by one, my hard drives wheezed and whined and ground to a screeching halt... first D, then F, then finally C, and then the monitor went black.

Well, it was black until the fireworks of sparks set it alight, but soon was even blacker after the flames died down.

I swear I will never again buy another Poser release until the next one comes out.

stepson ( ) posted Mon, 21 September 2009 at 9:37 PM

You better report this to S/M right away.:lol:

Life is hard, but what a ride.

bagginsbill ( ) posted Mon, 21 September 2009 at 9:39 PM

grin

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)

jdcooke ( ) posted Mon, 21 September 2009 at 9:42 PM

Try  CTRL-ALT-DELETE  !!!!

MikeJ ( ) posted Mon, 21 September 2009 at 9:47 PM

Quote - You better report this to S/M right away.:lol:

I would if I could, but apparently it took out my cell phone too... as well as the pay phone down the street.

stepson ( ) posted Mon, 21 September 2009 at 9:55 PM

Perhaps you daughter can magically fix it, then you can have another cat-astrophy.  :blink:

Life is hard, but what a ride.

MikeJ ( ) posted Mon, 21 September 2009 at 10:02 PM · edited Mon, 21 September 2009 at 10:02 PM

Quote - Perhaps you daughter can magically fix it, then you can have another cat-astrophy.  :blink:

Not interested.
I'm just going to wait at the liquor store for the pay phone there to be fixed so I can call S-M.

And if it doesn't get fixed and I have to stay there forever, no big deal - Poser 8 has already ruined my life anyway.  :biggrin:

bagginsbill ( ) posted Mon, 21 September 2009 at 10:23 PM

file_439814.jpg

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)

MikeJ ( ) posted Mon, 21 September 2009 at 10:37 PM · edited Mon, 21 September 2009 at 10:38 PM

That's right.
A lemon.
I gotta say, that's a particularly good looking lemon too.
But it doesn't disguise what it is. ;-)

Diogenes ( ) posted Mon, 21 September 2009 at 10:46 PM · edited Mon, 21 September 2009 at 10:47 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains profanity

I have my penis on a string in my pocket, I keep pulling it while at the mall but Poser 8 wont let me, could somebody give it back? I hope sr1 fixes that   :lol:

A HOMELAND FOR POSER FINALLY

Vestmann ( ) posted Mon, 21 September 2009 at 10:53 PM

How do you know it was Poser and not something else?  You're not supplying enough information!

This is what you need to show us:

1. Screenshot of your cat before it died
  2. Screenshot of your cat after it died.
  3. Was the cat a Leopard or a Snow Leopard.?
  4. Forensic report from the Pet Coroner.
  5. Have you tried buying another cat and install Poser 8 again.

Have you tried Poser 7. I understand it kills cats too ;)

hehehe

Vestmann's Gallery

grichter ( ) posted Mon, 21 September 2009 at 11:45 PM · edited Mon, 21 September 2009 at 11:47 PM

Your post  just killed my keyboard. It caused me to spray a large gulp of water all over it. Since your post is based on your problems with P8, I filed a support ticket with SM. But the auto 1st response came back said that I should update my open GL drivers, switch to SreeD and reinstall flash. That if that doesn't work I should file a support ticket with the SPCA instead.

I thought SPCA stood for the Society for the Prevention of the Cruelty to Animals not the Society of Poser Crazy Addicts as referenced in the support response.
:b_confused:

Gary

"Those who lose themselves in a passion lose less than those who lose their passion"

GeneralNutt ( ) posted Tue, 22 September 2009 at 12:05 AM

I had the exact same problem! SM included a Poser 8 Dog with out warning. It screwed my millennium dog runtime and now I have to pay for millennium puppies. Poser 8 sux!

wyrwulf ( ) posted Tue, 22 September 2009 at 12:10 AM

file_439818.jpg

It wasn't Pelty, was it, Mike? I hope not. Here's the old picture you posted a couple of years ago.

LaurieA ( ) posted Tue, 22 September 2009 at 12:23 AM

gulp....spatter....spit....wheeze....

My monitor is full of coffee. Thanks Mike!

OMFG....lol.

Laurie

JohnDoe641 ( ) posted Tue, 22 September 2009 at 2:13 AM

Did you jiggle the cable?

nruddock ( ) posted Tue, 22 September 2009 at 3:19 AM

Look on the bright side, you get to try a few of these out.

DCArt ( ) posted Tue, 22 September 2009 at 4:03 AM

Wait ... did you check the cat's on/off switch?

Marque ( ) posted Tue, 22 September 2009 at 4:44 AM

Try the reset switch just in front of the tail...if that doesn't work put your mouse down by it's nose, that sometimes brings them around.

EnglishBob ( ) posted Tue, 22 September 2009 at 7:30 AM · edited Tue, 22 September 2009 at 7:30 AM

bagginsbill - excellent render. Will you be making lemonade with that?

wyrwulf - excellent job of UV mapping.

MikeJ - is the cat in a box? Leave the lid closed if so. It may be in a superposition of states which will only collapse if the cat is observed. Most cats behave in this way. And it will be safe in case Poser 8 burns your house down.

DCArt ( ) posted Tue, 22 September 2009 at 7:34 AM · edited Tue, 22 September 2009 at 7:38 AM

file_439826.jpg

>>> **wyrwulf** - excellent job of UV mapping.

Looks like he pelt mapped my cat! (the breed is unmistakeable) - actually, maybe not. The pelted cat looks more striped than spotted (like the Egyptian Mau)

MikeJ ( ) posted Tue, 22 September 2009 at 8:18 AM

Quote -

MikeJ - is the cat in a box? Leave the lid closed if so. It may be in a superposition of states which will only collapse if the cat is observed. Most cats behave in this way. And it will be safe in case Poser 8 burns your house down.

Ah yes, the Schroedinger Effect. I hadn't considered that.
Thank you for the advice. ;-)

Khai-J-Bach ( ) posted Tue, 22 September 2009 at 8:19 AM

oh I'd watch out for that.

the cat enters 3 states.

Dead, Alive, Bloody Furious.

opening the box to find out can be......dangerous....

MikeJ ( ) posted Tue, 22 September 2009 at 8:20 AM

Quote - It wasn't Pelty, was it, Mike? I hope not. Here's the old picture you posted a couple of years ago.

LOL!
Oh man, that takes me back...

lkendall ( ) posted Tue, 22 September 2009 at 8:25 AM

I don't have a cat, but Poser 8 made my hair fall out, made me gain 40 pounds, and gave me cataracts.

lmk

Probably edited for spelling, grammer, punctuation, or typos.

Khai-J-Bach ( ) posted Tue, 22 September 2009 at 8:28 AM

poser 8 turned me into a newt!

bagginsbill ( ) posted Tue, 22 September 2009 at 8:37 AM

lmk,

I have the exact same problem. Well, I have all my hair and I don't have cataracts, and it was Poser 6 that made me gain 40 pounds, but otherwise I have the exact same problem.

Also, whenever I render, I have to go to the bathroom. Sometimes I don't want to get up and I pee a little bit in my pants.

lkendall ( ) posted Tue, 22 September 2009 at 10:32 AM

There should be a Surgeon General's black-box product warning!

LMK

JOELGLAINE ( ) posted Tue, 22 September 2009 at 10:52 AM

The producing company IS "S&M", you know. Are you really shocked with a name like that?:laugh:

I cannot save the world. Only my little piece of it. If we all act together, we can save the world.--Nelson Mandela
An  inconsistent hobgoblin is the fool of little minds
Taking "Just do it" to a whole new level!   

grichter ( ) posted Tue, 22 September 2009 at 11:09 AM

BB I had a diaper set for the Daz Mil Baby, I ran thru WW2 that came with P8 and planned to fly them out to you, so you could remain concentrated on finishing up testing SR1. I set them to fit M4 with the belly morphs to accomodate your weight gain as ThinkCopper requested. Problem is MikeJ's cat ate my carrier pigeon before I could fly them as the cat's last act here on earth. Reason I say had is,  it appears P8 lost the original and the converted diapers when P8 crashed. The bigger problem I have is a result of P8 crashing it wiped out that set of nude pics you sent me of Hillary and McCain together. Your were right those pics rocked big time. If P8 hasn't wiped out your set too, any chance you to send them to me again?

Thanks.

Gary

"Those who lose themselves in a passion lose less than those who lose their passion"

JenX ( ) posted Tue, 22 September 2009 at 11:41 AM

Hey, no fair having fun and being silly while I'm sick :P

Also, SM needs to provide all potential viewers of this thread with incontinence pads or diapers.  Just in case.  This should have come with every copy of P8, physical or digital.  And, no, I don't care about the logistics :P

Sitemail | Freestuff | Craftythings | Youtube|

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it into a fruit salad.

Dizzi ( ) posted Tue, 22 September 2009 at 12:41 PM

I hope SR1 makes Poser 8 finally useful. It should kill mice and rats, not cats!

dlfurman ( ) posted Tue, 22 September 2009 at 1:23 PM

Ok....

I can see that I really should wait for POSER 9!
Any thoughts for a wishlist for that?

I'll start.

Leaves animals alone (Sorry, but the base code will have to include ALL animals. Perhaps the P9SR1 will have the vermin exclusion patch.)
Makes coffee or tea, but not lemonade
Absorbs liquids issuing forth from users, no matter where they come from.
Has the P4 .RSR code put back in

"Few are agreeable in conversation, because each thinks more of what he intends to say than that of what others are saying, and listens no more when he himself has a chance to speak." - Francois de la Rochefoucauld

Intel Core i7 920, 24GB RAM, GeForce GTX 1050 4GB video, 6TB HDD space
Poser 12: Inches (Poser(PC) user since 1 and the floppies/manual to prove it!)

thinkcooper ( ) posted Tue, 22 September 2009 at 2:19 PM · edited Tue, 22 September 2009 at 2:19 PM

Sorry about the cat. Our beta testers missed this, and all the Poser engineers have dogs. Customer Service tells me that if you send us the cat, we'll refund its purchase price.

Steve Cooper
Poser Product Manager

JenX ( ) posted Tue, 22 September 2009 at 3:36 PM

Just don't poison my bunnies, and we're cool.

/nod

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it into a fruit salad.

KimberlyC ( ) posted Wed, 23 September 2009 at 12:19 AM · edited Wed, 23 September 2009 at 12:19 AM

Was about to say.. I think Poser is only "Dog friendly". You must have missed that very very small print before you pressed the "Accept" button.  :P 

rjjack ( ) posted Wed, 23 September 2009 at 2:56 AM

Attached Link: icanhascheezburger

file_439882.jpg

Ouch! Ordered Poser8 boxed and got this, can you ask the packager to check the contents of the box before sending to the client ?

Daymond42 ( ) posted Wed, 23 September 2009 at 7:19 AM

Time to summon my inner "The IT Crowd".

Did you try turning it off and on again? The computer.. or the cat. Either one.

:D

Currently using Poser Pro 2012 (Display Units = feet)

AMD Phenom II 3.2ghz (6 cores)

8gb RAM

Windows 10 Pro 64bit

JenX ( ) posted Wed, 23 September 2009 at 7:39 AM

You can turn a cat off?  Mine only has 2 settings.  Lazy and Evil.  No off, though.

722 ( ) posted Wed, 23 September 2009 at 6:11 PM · edited Wed, 23 September 2009 at 6:12 PM

ROFLMHO  It hurts ,you guys are funny
Sorry for the cat

LaurieA ( ) posted Wed, 23 September 2009 at 6:40 PM · edited Wed, 23 September 2009 at 6:41 PM
JenX ( ) posted Wed, 23 September 2009 at 6:45 PM

icky shivers  no, no no no.  That is not Kali.  I have a pic of her somewhere.

LaurieA ( ) posted Wed, 23 September 2009 at 6:52 PM

Quote -  icky shivers  no, no no no.  That is not Kali.  I have a pic of her somewhere.

Sorry, the "evil" part threw me off...lmao ;o).

Laurie

Khai-J-Bach ( ) posted Wed, 23 September 2009 at 7:02 PM

in other news, Poser 8 today declared war on a small mountain goat in tibet.

Film at 11.

fivecat ( ) posted Wed, 23 September 2009 at 7:24 PM · edited Wed, 23 September 2009 at 7:25 PM

Quote - in other news, Poser 8 today declared war on a small mountain goat in tibet. 

Film at 11.

I bet on the goat.

(were we betting on who could eat weeds?)

grichter ( ) posted Wed, 23 September 2009 at 8:12 PM

Wow, SR1 squashed so many bugs, it even killed all the fleas on my neighbors cat, my other neighbors dog, all the flys, ants and wasps within 200 yards of my CPU I updated last night! The Poser crew is better then a can of Raid and the best flea collar know to man. 

Gary

Vestmann ( ) posted Wed, 23 September 2009 at 9:02 PM

My hair is growing back!!  Shortly after installing SR1 a felt all warm on my bald spot.  Now, tiny strands of hair are emerging! And the best part:       ...THEY'RE DYNAMIC!!

Aw, thank you ever so much SM! Right after I've learned how the hair material works, I can have any hair color I want!

Vestmann's Gallery

odf ( ) posted Thu, 24 September 2009 at 8:00 AM

Quote - poser 8 turned me into a newt!

Is it heavier than a duck, then?

-- I'm not mad at you, just Westphalian.

JOELGLAINE ( ) posted Thu, 24 September 2009 at 8:46 AM

Quote - > Quote - poser 8 turned me into a newt!

Is it heavier than a duck, then?

Doesn't really matter.  He got better.
:laugh:

I cannot save the world. Only my little piece of it. If we all act together, we can save the world.--Nelson Mandela
An  inconsistent hobgoblin is the fool of little minds
Taking "Just do it" to a whole new level!   

BrainGuy63 ( ) posted Thu, 24 September 2009 at 11:05 AM

Sorry this one slipped through until SR1; my cats have both been fixed thus can't reproduce.

lkendall ( ) posted Thu, 24 September 2009 at 1:01 PM · edited Thu, 24 September 2009 at 1:02 PM

Kaibach:

What goats render looks a lot different than Poser 8 renders, but I understand there are not artifacts in the shadowes that goats cast.

lmk

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.